Author Topic: firebrucewebernow.com  (Read 102645 times)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: firebrucewebernow.com
« Reply #1100 on: February 19, 2021, 07:44:15 AM »
that's interesting, i'd have guessed that slap defense would be most improved on turnovers, but it looks like most of the improvement is coming from better dboarding.

Proof that the slap works throughout the entire possession.  I had previously thought that a mid possession slap would be beneficial but this seems to prove otherwise.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: February 20, 2021, 07:13:05 PM »
Locked up ninth place :excited:

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: February 20, 2021, 07:16:14 PM »
Pack can play man.  He has onions.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: February 20, 2021, 07:18:19 PM »
Time to lock this thread down until next year
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: February 20, 2021, 07:25:46 PM »
I'm honestly happy for Gene that he won't be forced to fire oscar now.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1105 on: February 20, 2021, 07:45:38 PM »
He really didn't need that on his plate right now.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: February 20, 2021, 07:57:49 PM »
Our Freshman core is legit. I hate the current state of mbb, but I’m anxious for the future.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: February 20, 2021, 07:59:21 PM »
Our Freshman core is legit. I hate the current state of mbb, but I’m anxious for the future.

We just need some #hope

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: February 20, 2021, 08:11:40 PM »

We just need some #hope
Love the sarcasm, but this team will win another ‘ship in 2 years.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: February 20, 2021, 08:24:12 PM »

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: February 20, 2021, 08:25:17 PM »

We just need some #hope
Love the sarcasm, but this team will win another ‘ship in 2 years.

Going to need a lot of roster upgrades for that to come true

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 20, 2021, 09:00:37 PM »
If they keep these Freshman intact, they’ll be fine.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 20, 2021, 09:09:12 PM »
He posted the results on KSO, I won’t be sharing them.

https://twitter.com/ksu_FAN/status/1362451885945475078

lol that actually works somewhat well...maybe slapping the floor helps u get hyped up in general, which helps with grabbing those tough boards?  they should try slapping themselves in the face see if that maybe has an even greater effect

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 20, 2021, 09:23:48 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 20, 2021, 09:45:15 PM »

I love these guys, but you do know we aren't the only team with freshmen, right? These teams aren't loaded with seniors, we will be picked 9th to start next season. Either the roster needs to be addressed, the staff needs to go, or both. This current roster isn't and staff aren't going to just pass all of these other teams up just because. The 2021 class doesn't appear to be the answer. It's also going to be nearly an impossibly to keep the group together.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 21, 2021, 08:08:35 AM »

I love these guys, but you do know we aren't the only team with freshmen, right? These teams aren't loaded with seniors, we will be picked 9th to start next season. Either the roster needs to be addressed, the staff needs to go, or both. This current roster isn't and staff aren't going to just pass all of these other teams up just because. The 2021 class doesn't appear to be the answer. It's also going to be nearly an impossibly to keep the group together.
According to every mbb broadcast I’ve had to sit through this year, we have the most Freshman starts/minutes in the country with the likes of Kentucky and North Carolina. Biggest difference between us and them is their guys will jump to the league. I’m just remaining optimistic because it’s the only play I have at this point. There’s zero chance they fire oscar this year.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 21, 2021, 08:14:25 AM »
I think the ceiling is the bubble for this group.   Unless they land a few instant impact transfers this group has no chance at the tournament next year.  Might sniff a bid in 2022-23 and 2023-24.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 21, 2021, 08:25:45 AM »
I think the ceiling is the bubble for this group.   Unless they land a few instant impact transfers this group has no chance at the tournament next year.  Might sniff a bid in 2022-23 and 2023-24.
They didn’t have an offseason together because of the pandemic. This take seems a bit emotional.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 21, 2021, 10:25:48 AM »
They didn’t have an offseason together because of the pandemic. This take seems a bit emotional.

Yes, but we're 3 months into a 4 month season. We know where the deficiencies are. We don't have a point guard, either a starter or reserve. We don't have shooting, and we're the worst defensive team in the league. Again, either the roster will need to get better or the coaches will need to change, otherwise the goal for year two will have to be to get to .500 which as we sit is a tall task. Barry, Dean, and Kam had an NBA player on the roster with them. None of those guys were close to the best player on the roster until Wes left.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 21, 2021, 10:34:07 AM »
Triple facts

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: February 21, 2021, 10:52:27 AM »
First, I think a change is unlikely, but we'll see. I don't think the biggest donor(s) are on board right now for whatever reason.

Second, I do like the young talent, but I do think we need another piece, specifically a combo guard that can really defend. Find a mid major transfer with experience that can bring some more dawg mentality.

Third, my biggest surprise with this year is that oscar didn't lose this team and if anything they've only come together stronger as the season progressed. In January I thought this team would fall apart.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: February 21, 2021, 10:58:24 AM »
First, I think a change is unlikely, but we'll see. I don't think the biggest donor(s) are on board right now for whatever reason.

Second, I do like the young talent, but I do think we need another piece, specifically a combo guard that can really defend. Find a mid major transfer with experience that can bring some more dawg mentality.

Third, my biggest surprise with this year is that oscar didn't lose this team and if anything they've only come together stronger as the season progressed. In January I thought this team would fall apart.

Would AJ Bramah move the needle for next year? 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 21, 2021, 11:13:38 AM »

Would AJ Bramah move the needle for next year? 

I like him, but we have a logjam of 4s and 5s. IMO this team needs another tough guard. Doesn't have to be The Flush, I'd take a Larry Reid/Elliot Hatcher type.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 21, 2021, 12:12:17 PM »

According to every mbb broadcast I’ve had to sit through this year, we have the most Freshman starts/minutes in the country with the likes of Kentucky and North Carolina. Biggest difference between us and them is their guys will jump to the league. I’m just remaining optimistic because it’s the only play I have at this point. There’s zero chance they fire oscar this year.

And why do we find o ourselves in that position? Could it be the fault of the guy on the bench who after nine years with the  program has proven he is a sadly inconsistent recruiter? And we see the same thing playing out again as one solid but by no means great recruiting year is followed by another sad effort that doesn't address needs. Yes there's still time to change that, but the top 2021 high school talent is signed and Oscar has proven inept at signing transfers to the point you have to wonder if he is ever aware of the fifth-year senior transfer rule. And as I've pointed out before, he is worse than Asbury or Wooly at finding juco talent. In his years at K-State, he has not brought in one juco player who made a significant contribution to the team.

I'm resigned that it won't happen, but it's time to pull the scab. Why go through this another season or two when we could start fresh with someone with a clue about how to build and sustain a program?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 21, 2021, 12:40:07 PM »
I can’t remember a single impactful JUCO basketball player ever. Anywhere. It’s like Mitch Richmond and scene!