Author Topic: firebrucewebernow.com  (Read 102717 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: firebrucewebernow.com
« Reply #575 on: January 25, 2021, 11:33:31 PM »
 :lol: this thread got a whole lotta stupid in it
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 25, 2021, 11:34:36 PM »
One further frame with which to assess these and which one, if any, is better: how close did the team come to making it to the final four in the actual E8 game? The 2010 team barely lost in the Elite 8 (by 7 points after all the free throws at the end) to Butler, who went on to play for the national championship (and lose only because they missed a last-second shot to Duke).  Meanwhile, in the E8 game for the 2018 team, we got absolutely pasted by 16 the 11 seed Loyola, who would go on to get absolutely rocked by Michigan in the Final Four game.

If you contend that it's a push between the two, look to the game that team lost to knock them out of the tournament, and who they lost it to.

Also the 2010 team was way better and the tourney run was better and Frank rules and oscar stinks as we've all known since the day he was hired.

I don't care what that margin was, Butler beat our asses. Look at the game flow. We scored 20 first half points, a six point deficit was 12. It's hilarious that we led, one time for 40 seconds, we weren't even tied for that long. That was such a frustrating game to watch, and despite Gordon Hayward I contend they were a trash team who played in the two worst national championship games OAT.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=300862306
What are you doing dude

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 25, 2021, 11:35:58 PM »
Talking about how frustrating that game was and how i never thought we'd win :dunno:

What are you doing, dude?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 25, 2021, 11:38:32 PM »

It ain't that serious dude, people are talking basketball, that's a good thing, jump in or jump out.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 26, 2021, 12:24:29 AM »
ChiGene must be running some numbers before he responds to shooter's disentanglement proposal.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 26, 2021, 07:08:30 AM »

It ain't that serious dude, people are talking basketball, that's a good thing, jump in or jump out.
This is true^

I feel better about it knowing that when healthy Hayward was a borderline top 20 guy in the NBA, but it sucked at the time.
:adios:

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #581 on: January 26, 2021, 07:13:34 AM »
Is oscar fired yet?

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 26, 2021, 08:15:17 AM »

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 26, 2021, 09:24:49 AM »
12-13 was when we still had all the Frank guys, blew a chance to clinch a share of the 'ship only to have the squawks eff up later that night and end with the same record allowing fans to run around the bars sarcastically forcing joint celebrations onto squawks enraged that the tiebreaker only counted toward conference tourney seeding.  The squawks went on to hand us a 3rd L in that tourney, and we went on to lose to LaSalle.

18-19 is when the squawks sucked historic ass allowing not just us but also texas rough ridin' tech to beat them in the standings by 2 whole games.  Tech and us had split the regular season series, but we lost to flood aggie in the conference tourney before being able to get the rubber game, and we went on to lose to Irvine. 

Especially in that system where 20% of the teams competing will claim the championship, it's pretty much right on pace that we'd get two over the course of a decade.

So, what you said is:

2012-13: Tied for first going into the final day of the regular season and pulled out a Championship.
2018-19: Tied for first with the second best team in the country, who we split with.

2 very good seasons and Conference Championships earned.

I'm not even going to read an elongated explanation as to how the results of an 18 game season was somehow a fluke, TWICE! It's an absurd notion that I won't even entertain. That right there is when smart people think really dumb things. The fluke wasn't the first place team losing to a bad team on the last day of the season, the fluke was the other 17 games??? Like I said, dumb.
2018-19 was such a fun year to be a student and see what had oscar had built. Dean, Barry and Kam on any night had a fair shot at anyone. UC-Irvine was by far the biggest disappointment as my time as a student with basketball. Dean however was injured and unavailable which really took us out of the game because none of our Bigs had the same amount of production.  Some forget that team had been able to have the biggest comeback in school history against WVU to which they were down 21 pts at half.

Trim this is hilarious and to think that oscar even has a chance of getting fired this year is laughable. I think once everyone is able to get back and gel we will see some unexpected close games/wins in the next month. The thing that is crazy is that Luke, Nijel and Bradford hadn't had a practice all together til this week.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 26, 2021, 09:49:52 AM »
I'm liking this #canceloscar movement that shooter is spearheading
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: January 26, 2021, 09:56:34 AM »
Also Nijel Pack is the guy in this class. It's his team and Davion is a close second.

Davion is by far my favorite player in this class but he is going through growing pains learning the pace of the game. Also think of how much better this team could be if they could rebound consistently. Mike running the Point while Pack has been gone has really hurt this team in January.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 26, 2021, 10:13:11 AM »
Trim this is hilarious and to think that oscar even has a chance of getting fired this year is laughable. I think once everyone is able to get back and gel we will see some unexpected close games/wins in the next month. The thing that is crazy is that Luke, Nijel and Bradford hadn't had a practice all together til this week.

You’re a more tolerant hypothetical AD than I. But I agree that it doesn’t appear he will be let go. He should’ve already for his approach to COVID, but that’s been excused. He should be if he indeed loses The Streak, but that doesn’t seem to me on Gene’s radar. Everything else is the oscar KSU wanted.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 26, 2021, 10:17:16 AM »
If I'm the AD, I'm not firing him unless I have someone better lined up. I don't even know where to begin with that.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 26, 2021, 10:25:21 AM »
What if there are grumblings of multiple players transferring out, it will take another 3-4 years for oscar to rebuild AGAIN, which would require a contract extension to even get recruits to listen.

With where oscar is on his contract, you can fire him and hire a decent mid-major guy for less to counter the buyout, and the money would be a wash after a few years.

If that keeps all these guys on campus, I'd take my chances to see what a new dude can do over the next 2-3 years.

(even if there isn't a threat of players leaving, I still go the mid-major route at this point :googlesNDSUcoach:)

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #589 on: January 26, 2021, 10:37:51 AM »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 26, 2021, 11:09:06 AM »
The only games that give us something to lose this season are ISU and maybe the KU games.  Every other game we've proven that we're absolutely terrible and can only go up.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 26, 2021, 11:10:42 AM »
Yea kind of makes you wonder if he is just giving Gene the finger and telling him to give him his buyout
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cardiac Cats

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 26, 2021, 11:22:46 AM »
What if there are grumblings of multiple players transferring out, it will take another 3-4 years for oscar to rebuild AGAIN, which would require a contract extension to even get recruits to listen.

With where oscar is on his contract, you can fire him and hire a decent mid-major guy for less to counter the buyout, and the money would be a wash after a few years.

If that keeps all these guys on campus, I'd take my chances to see what a new dude can do over the next 2-3 years.

(even if there isn't a threat of players leaving, I still go the mid-major route at this point :googlesNDSUcoach:)

Darian DeVries and he brings his son (6'6" 4* HS Senior point forward) with him. 2019 MVC regular season champions and 13-0 to start this year.

https://247sports.com/player/tucker-devries-46086079/

Toledo/Matt Campbell beat Iowa State, so the Cyclones hired him. Drake beat us this year. Do it Gene.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 26, 2021, 12:10:22 PM »
eff it all and hire Underwood for whatever it takes.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 26, 2021, 01:18:59 PM »
eff it all and hire Underwood for whatever it takes.

We can’t pay oscar his 2MM buyout lol, Brad’s is 8MM.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 26, 2021, 02:07:39 PM »
 Who is to say this team isn't in the top half of the BIG 12 next year, I like to think next year will be a lot better than this year. Like alot.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 26, 2021, 02:13:00 PM »
oscar needs to replace shooter as his agent with greg.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 26, 2021, 02:18:20 PM »
My success threshold for next year is a positive overall record, winning every non con home, and restarting THE STREAK. Give him a bonus under the table if he can finish in the Top 4 of the Big 12 for 2021-22

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 26, 2021, 02:21:28 PM »
My success threshold for next year is a positive overall record, winning every non con home, and restarting THE STREAK. Give him a bonus under the table if he can finish in the Top 4 of the Big 12 for 2021-22
If he achieves under the table bonus, then next year a regular season conference championship is expected to be competed for.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 26, 2021, 02:43:48 PM »

Greg, I like you but this is incredibly losery. Oscar started at K-State what, seven seasons ago? Eight? This one and last year we finished/will finish either dead last or nearly last in the Big XII.  Oscar has been here forever and we're as bad as we've eer been. We're about to snap a 50+ year streak which is basically a layup. "If we have a positive overall record next year" is a preeeetty low bar for someone going into their eighth or ninth season at a school. Fire this dude yesterday.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12