Author Topic: firebrucewebernow.com  (Read 102658 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: firebrucewebernow.com
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2016, 11:48:25 AM »
P clams, just how big of a pickle is cats bball in?
no one really knows right now. 
oscar is polarizing.  his stupid crap gets forgotten when we do well, it's exemplified when we suck (the same is true about all coaches, oscar just has a larger sample size of stupid crap to pick from).

Yes, this is why I dislike him so much. Its nice to have a coach that can maintain some fairly likable characteristics even in times of struggle and oscar doesn't do that for me. Neither did Tom.

you said brad would do at least as good as oscar.  the coaches who've had greater success than oscar are all going to be in the hof.  ya, i'm extrapolating but

To be fair, I was making a qualified judgement of what "oscar" was; meaning what I've seen from oscar sans inherited rosters. Ie, minus his first 2 years at Illinois and his first year here, which is definitely not HOF material. That's probably not completely fair, but I don't care.

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2016, 11:48:57 AM »
I'm not going to spend the time to crunch, but in thinking through the last 10 years the average tenure of a basketball coach in the Big XII is probably around 3 years.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2016, 11:49:30 AM »
The endgame of this cause if for currie to fire oscar and conduct another coaching search?

absolutely

:flush:

Could you cliffnotes your reasoning for wanting Currie fired?

No.  Cliffnotes are for cheaters.  You'll be tested on the original material.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=6

http://goEMAW.com/archives/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=42

Pass. I will just assume it is something personal rather than any concrete reason.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2016, 11:50:26 AM »
captain, I appreciate you coming back.

FWIW, I'm not going after Currie, just oscar. I remember you being lukewarm on oscar when he was hired, where are you at now?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2016, 11:50:50 AM »
cc, any good news about oscar getting fired tho?  :excited:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2016, 12:00:43 PM »
The endgame of this cause if for currie to fire oscar and conduct another coaching search?

absolutely

:flush:

Could you cliffnotes your reasoning for wanting Currie fired?

No.  Cliffnotes are for cheaters.  You'll be tested on the original material.

http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=6

http://goEMAW.com/archives/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=42

Pass. I will just assume it is something personal rather than any concrete reason.

OK, here's some new stuff, as I see you're genuinely interested in entertaining this.  KSU is now an irrelevant bottom-feeder in the 2 sports that matter and fans are increasingly disgruntled with the experience (from court-storm'n students to squawk-hate'n oral-sex parody'n gpc'rs to diaper bag-carry'n moms).

http://www.big12sports.com/standings/Standings.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&SPID=

http://www.big12sports.com/standings/Standings.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10410&SPID=13139

And he hires possibly lazy bbs people.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2016, 12:01:09 PM »

FWIW, I'm not going after Currie, just oscar. I remember you being lukewarm on oscar when he was hired, where are you at now?

It's not who I wouldve hired, but then again, I don't have all of the info on who said no. I know of a couple guys that did, but that might not be entire list. I also could see some of the logic in why jc might have thought bw could work here. So I was pretty neutral.

Last year was very frustrating. Years before that were fun. This year is pretty meh.

Almost certain bw will be back next year. Personal opinion, next year will be make or break for me as a fan.

I also think way too many people let their personal opinions of oscar's or currie's personality dictate the opinion of their job performance.

The Big Train

« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2016, 12:03:09 PM »

This is kind of where I stand, I think Currie has done a lot of really good things for us

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2016, 12:03:31 PM »
I also think way too many people let their personal opinions of oscar's or currie's personality dictate the opinion of their job performance.

people did that w/ Frank, too!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »

people did that w/ Frank, too!

People do it with almost every coach, unless they just win all the time.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2016, 12:07:56 PM »
Bad personality doesn't trump good performance (if we had good performance), but having a personality that encourages people to like you or even be just OK with you is a good quality to have when you're the face of something that requires fans.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2016, 12:10:26 PM »
Almost certain bw will be back next year. Personal opinion, next year will be make or break for me as a fan.

Honestly, this was where I was at in January, but the combination of a losing home conference slate combined with 3 years of being terrible in the conference on the road (4-32!) pushed me over the edge. And I will not use "youth" to excuse all of that.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2016, 12:11:52 PM »

OK, here's some new stuff, as I see you're genuinely interested in entertaining this.  KSU is now an irrelevant bottom-feeder in the 2 sports that matter and fans are increasingly disgruntled with the experience (from court-storm'n students to squawk-hate'n oral-sex parody'n gpc'rs to diaper bag-carry'n moms).

K-State fb was ranked in the top 10 just over 14 months ago. They have been to six straight bowl games. I would disagree that they are irrelevant or a bottom feeder. They struggled last year by Snyder standards. Might struggle again this year, who knows. Not sure why this is Currie's fault.

K-State mbb has struggled last two years. No argument. BW is Currie's hire.

I would question your data proving fans are increasingly disgruntled. The strong majority of feedback to the three things you mentioned has been positive. The intent behind all three would be pretty hard to argue with. Execution, esp in sportsmanship, could be better. But not sure why trying to get people to not chant eff is a fireable offense.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2016, 12:23:01 PM »
Bad personality doesn't trump good performance (if we had good performance), but having a personality that encourages people to like you or even be just OK with you is a good quality to have when you're the face of something that requires fans.

Sure. If you're talking about currie, his continual success with all types of donors would indicate his personality isn't an issue.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2016, 12:25:41 PM »
CC, I'm curious? Can you mention a few names who interviewed for the men's bball job? I'd love to know.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 02, 2016, 12:26:20 PM »
diaper bag-carry'n moms

When KU announces that they are joining the long list of teams adopting the clear bag policy, I wonder if their diaper bag-carry'n moms will be as vocal...

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 02, 2016, 12:28:24 PM »

K-State fb was ranked in the top 10 just over 14 months ago. They have been to six straight bowl games. I would disagree that they are irrelevant or a bottom feeder. They struggled last year by Snyder standards. Might struggle again this year, who knows. Not sure why this is Currie's fault.

K-State mbb has struggled last two years. No argument. BW is Currie's hire.

I would question your data proving fans are increasingly disgruntled. The strong majority of feedback to the three things you mentioned has been positive. The intent behind all three would be pretty hard to argue with. Execution, esp in sportsmanship, could be better. But not sure why trying to get people to not chant eff is a fireable offense.

As for the sports, does Currie still use the "consistently compete for 'ships" line or did that go the way of w-l performance incentives in his last contract?  If winning in sports is no longer a goal, I'll take that off the list of things that he should be evaluated on.

I obviously don't care personally about any of the fan stuff, as it's nothing I have to deal with.  But yes, of course it's about the poor execution, not the ethics of saying "eff."

Now admittedly I don't have access to the secret feedback files, and can only rely on "the news" but maybe the execution - the thing that gets done by the employees - isn't going so well.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:34:15 PM by Trim »

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 02, 2016, 12:29:34 PM »
diaper bag-carry'n moms

When KU announces that they are joining the long list of teams adopting the clear bag policy, I wonder if their diaper bag-carry'n moms will be as vocal...

Probably not, because Cheyenne Zulu - if he even needed to see how lol it would play out - will have watched how KSU mumped it up and roll it out correctly.

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 02, 2016, 12:30:24 PM »
John Currie essentially fired Frank Martin for personality reasons while he was winning.  It doesn't seem too far-fetched for us to want to fire oscar for personality reasons while he is losing.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2016, 12:31:40 PM »
You don't have to explain being rational, cc. Trim is off the reservation when comes to talking about K-State. He doesn't even like them. Just someone/something he can troll on the side.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2016, 12:33:40 PM »
John Currie essentially fired Frank Martin for personality reasons while he was winning.  It doesn't seem too far-fetched for us to want to fire oscar for personality reasons while he is losing.

except he probably likes oscar's personality more.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2016, 12:34:58 PM »

Sure. If you're talking about currie, his continual success with all types of donors would indicate his personality isn't an issue.

What are the donor "type" categories?

Offline kitten_mittons

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Clawing at your furnitures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 02, 2016, 12:35:26 PM »
I'm sure he does,  but someone said that personality isn't a reason to fire someone if they are winning,  and I'm saying that maybe John Currie disagrees with that.

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 02, 2016, 12:38:32 PM »

What are the donor "type" categories?

http://www.ahearnfund.com/giving/levels/

Offline captaincrap

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 02, 2016, 12:40:00 PM »
diaper bag-carry'n moms

Probably not, because Cheyenne Zulu - if he even needed to see how lol it would play out - will have watched how KSU mumped it up and roll it out correctly.

I don't think KSU rolled out the clear bag policy incorrectly. People don't like change. When KU announces it, people will complain.