Author Topic: Scalia  (Read 56817 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Scalia
« Reply #600 on: February 24, 2016, 04:31:27 PM »
Good talking point, but undecideds will be super sick of it by November, so maybe a calculated risk for Republicans.

Plus, if Obama does nominate a conservative judge hoping to make that talking point and the senate approves, they suddenly seem like the reasonable party AND get a candidate they want.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Scalia
« Reply #601 on: February 24, 2016, 04:32:38 PM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/usa-scalia-nominee-indian-american-idUSKCN0VO03V
Indian-American judge who could replace Scalia worked on controversial cases for business

A Kansan!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 24, 2016, 04:33:34 PM »
The entire situation will likely help Republicans until they realize what an amazing deal they are getting and then they capitulate.  It will likely have very little effect on the Presidential election other than providing a retroactive excuse for the millionth time about how the Senate was insufficiently obstructionist for the House freedom caucus' taste and how if only the American people could've seen that electing a true conservative like Ted Cruz this all could be avoided.

honestly, it could help trump if he gets into a general.  would fit neatly into an anti-incumbant/anti-insider push.  cruz has tried that angle himself, but the voters don't appear to buy it from him and he has no chance at winning the primary anyways.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 24, 2016, 04:33:56 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 24, 2016, 04:36:49 PM »
Getting back to the original topic...

Obama is apparently vetting the Republican governor of Nevada which is maybe the most Obama thing ever in that it is a compromise position that everyone will hate and probably won't work either.

I didnt view it as serious, but as a troll by Obama and Reid. We will see tho. If Im a GOP Senators, this is my chance to get as conservative of a justice as possible after Trump wins the nomination* all bets are off.

*Assuming of course, because Rubio could magically start winning at some point.

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 25, 2016, 01:26:39 AM »
Getting back to the original topic...

Obama is apparently vetting the Republican governor of Nevada which is maybe the most Obama thing ever in that it is a compromise position that everyone will hate and probably won't work either.

I didnt view it as serious, but as a troll by Obama and Reid. We will see tho. If Im a GOP Senators, this is my chance to get as conservative of a justice as possible after Trump wins the nomination* all bets are off.

*Assuming of course, because Rubio could magically start winning at some point.

Why would you think it's a troll? Single payer health care became a health care plan that was nothing but a boondoggle for the insurance industry. Helping the American worker became more business friendly international trade agreements. Closing Gitmo became closing Gitmo on my damn near last day. Prison reform became using executive order to sneak some people out of jail one night. Immigration reform became doing eff all to help immigrants but deporting more immigrants than any other president. Leaving Afghanistan became well, jack crap I guess.

kat kid was right this is the most Obama thing ever. He is worried about making friends and preserving a legacy instead of doing what the eff we elected him to do and the cruel irony is that after nearly eight years he doesn't understand that at best they many of the people he is trying to please will see him as nothing more than a uppity house n-word that needs to be put back in his place.

He's an amazing disappointment and I am sad that Bernie has stopped giving him the pinata treatment he has earned, this stupidity is more of the same.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 25, 2016, 01:29:56 PM »
I like how the headline describes it as a "secretive society" and then all the information about the group in the article is prefaced with "according to their website..."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #608 on: February 26, 2016, 08:33:38 AM »
Obama is having a pretty tough time finding someone who will accept his appointment, which pretty lol about how rough ridin' terrible and toxic b.o. is :ROFL:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 26, 2016, 08:43:37 AM »
I would expect he'll ride this out a few more months before he makes his pick so he can get a better gauge on how he thinks the elections are going to shake out.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 26, 2016, 08:54:11 AM »
This has more to do with the toxicity of congress than the president.  You think anyone wouldn't want to be the last judge confirmed under obama?  Both of you dumbasses would take it if you thought you would get confirmed. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 26, 2016, 09:02:28 AM »
Yeah, nothing to do with Obama, all Congress.

LOL x infinity.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 26, 2016, 09:05:24 AM »
Yeah, nothing to do with Obama, all Congress.

LOL x infinity.

Congress: "doesn't matter, we won't even review"

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 26, 2016, 09:06:30 AM »
Yep, all Congress   :lol

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 26, 2016, 09:08:25 AM »
That's almost as funny as Dem's trying to explain The Gift aka Joe War Mongering Obstructionist 1992 Biden. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 26, 2016, 09:18:49 AM »
CNS, you're letting your inner libtard sneak out again.  :nono:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 26, 2016, 09:20:05 AM »
You guys love broken crap. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 26, 2016, 09:23:15 AM »
Just accept that Obama is terrible and everything else is a dumbass excuse. It's reality

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 26, 2016, 09:25:30 AM »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 26, 2016, 09:25:49 AM »
This is like Zoolander.  Someone is going to spin Relax, and we are all going to vote pub.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 26, 2016, 09:48:43 AM »
Again, apparently you don't understand the humor in the attempt to explain it away, Whackadoodle. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 26, 2016, 09:51:44 AM »
Oh and LOL at the faux olive branch oration of consultation and consideration . . . as long as we pre approve your nominee.   

Pure comedy and great spin.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 26, 2016, 09:52:57 AM »
Again, apparently you don't understand the humor in the attempt to explain it away, Whackadoodle.

There is no humor in lies about political records when those lies makes up your entire party's platform or position. It's sad.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 26, 2016, 09:53:51 AM »
you guys are delusional (not you CNS)