Author Topic: Bombshell  (Read 79728 times)

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Bombshell
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2016, 08:51:31 AM »
And bishop was probably the best athlete on the field most of the time.  Roberson as well to a certain extent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

and both were multi year starting quraterbacks at Kansas state during a period of time when dana dimel was off coaching other schools.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:07:35 AM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2016, 09:02:02 AM »
with maybe the exception of last year (I haven't looked at the numbers because really, I just wasn't very interested) our offense under Dimel's tenure has been pretty consistently good. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2016, 09:04:03 AM »
with maybe the exception of last year (I haven't looked at the numbers because really, I just wasn't very interested) our offense under Dimel's tenure has been pretty consistently good.

i agree

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2016, 09:10:46 AM »
the fact that people are upset about Banks transferring really puts into perspective where we are as a program.  this guy was a no-talent juco scrub with no offers or interest from any D-1 program.  the fact we're recruiting guys like this in the first place is mind blowing.     

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2016, 09:12:04 AM »
the fact that people are upset about Banks transferring really puts into perspective where we are as a program.  this guy was a no-talent juco scrub with no offers or interest from any D-1 program.  the fact we're recruiting guys like this in the first place is mind blowing.     

it wouldn't be a day if belvis didn't drop in to type something completely incorrect  :thumbs:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 03, 2016, 09:26:17 AM »

it wouldn't be a day if belvis didn't drop in to type something completely incorrect  :thumbs:

which parts were incorrect? 

thanks in advance.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 03, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »
So this quote from GPC member, healthinv, who seems to have a friendship with DSams is interesting. Coupled with the fact that several years later Snyder was lamenting the way he played DSams and didnt play him more:

Definitely was Daniel's decision to leave but he didn't want to leave. However, he felt very strongly that one of the OC's didn't have his best interest at heart. From the plays called when Daniel was QB to giving him the appropriate time in practice to make sure he would get the required reps.

Who knows maybe had something to do with who the OC recruited to come play QB over Daniel, can't really say for sure. But yes, ultimately it was Daniel's decision.

Is there something to DEL MILLER purposefully trainwrecking games last year because he is at odds with Bill???  :dunno:

But it's fun to place blame on people based on conjecture!  DAMN YOU DEL :shakesfist:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:48:12 AM by Jabeez »

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #307 on: February 03, 2016, 11:45:04 AM »
I always thought it was Miller that had the issue with Daniel and not Dimel.  Miller is technically the passing game coordinator and QB coach, and he was the guy that recruited Waters.

Offline Jabeez

• Combo-Fan
  • #Currie4USPrez
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 03, 2016, 11:48:35 AM »
I always thought it was Miller that had the issue with Daniel and not Dimel.  Miller is technically the passing game coordinator and QB coach, and he was the guy that recruited Waters.

Changed it.  Thanks, have to blame the right guy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 03, 2016, 12:11:53 PM »
I've said it a million times.   Dimel was not a good OC the first time around and he was not here for the pinnacle of LHC Bill Snyder era dual threat QB play.   I cannot count Klein because IMO Klein's success was pure scheme, whereas Bishop and Roberson and to a lessor extent Beasley made things happen via a scheme AND outstanding athletic ability.    Neither one of them knows what to with a truly dynamic athlete playing QB. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 03, 2016, 12:13:56 PM »
Klein pure scheme?  What?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 03, 2016, 12:15:14 PM »
I've said it a million times.   Dimel was not a good OC the first time around and he was not here for the pinnacle of LHC Bill Snyder era dual threat QB play.   I cannot count Klein because IMO Klein's success was pure scheme, whereas Bishop and Roberson and to a lessor extent Beasley made things happen via a scheme AND outstanding athletic ability.    Neither one of them knows what to with a truly dynamic athlete playing QB.

Klein was a dynamic athlete playing QB and they used him pretty well. 

too bad they couldn't figure out how to use Sams. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 03, 2016, 12:16:38 PM »
Oh please . . . there's no way Klein could create on his own like Bishop and Roberson could.   Quit being so White Midwesterney

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 03, 2016, 12:20:39 PM »
Klein could run no matter how many times he already ran.  He was a bulldozer.  That isn't scheme.  Its kinda the opposite. 

I guess this belongs in the bombshell thread.  Who would have thought?

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 03, 2016, 12:24:37 PM »
Klein's best athletic trait was that he could keep his brain inside of his head.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 03, 2016, 12:25:16 PM »
Oh please . . . there's no way Klein could create on his own like Bishop and Roberson could.   Quit being so White Midwesterney

Completely different set of skills. It would be like comparing a knuckleball pitcher with a guy who throws 97 mph heat. You don't hear baseball nerds compare Phil Niekro and Nolan Ryan very often.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 03, 2016, 12:27:56 PM »
Klein could run no matter how many times he already ran.  He was a bulldozer.  That isn't scheme.  Its kinda the opposite. 

TownieCat . . .  :lol: your analogy

Being of larger size and ramming into the line doesn't take a dynamic athlete.   Almost all of Klein's longer runs were either beautifully blocked/schemed extremely well, props to him for making the reads and for being somewhat sneaky fast. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 03, 2016, 12:29:52 PM »
Oh and this discussion is perfectly appropriate for this thread relative to players leaving and the need to questions coaches and their ability to coach/handle players of various skill sets.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2016, 12:31:41 PM »

Being of larger size and ramming into the line doesn't take a dynamic athlete.   Almost all of Klein's longer runs were either beautifully blocked/schemed extremely well, props to him for making the reads and for being somewhat sneaky fast.

Given how rarely we have a Kleinesque player seems to tell me you are wrong. 

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2016, 12:32:39 PM »
Like, your very criticisms of Klein could be applied to Tebow.  big, white running QB that was tough to tackle. 

but, only a complete dumbass would say Tebow wasn't a dynamic athlete. 

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2016, 12:33:28 PM »
Weren't Klein's numbers better than Tebow's for his last year?  Iirc, they were at very least comparable. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 03, 2016, 12:34:17 PM »

Given how rarely we have a Kleinesque player seems to tell me you are wrong.

Quit wasting drive space with posts like that.

Belvis . . the comparison was Klein's athletic ability relative to the pinnacle of dual threat QB'ing at K-State.   FFS, you can come up with dumbass analogies all day long that are not relative at all.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 03, 2016, 12:36:50 PM »
Uh oh, dax is back pedaling
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 03, 2016, 12:37:32 PM »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 03, 2016, 12:38:22 PM »
klein got to the heisman ceremony on scheme and scheme alone!