Author Topic: Texas, more specifically Greg Abbott, hates your freedom, and the Constitution  (Read 10464 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Your vote is your say. Corporations can't vote. Taxes are irrelevant
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We need to scare the hell out of the beltway bastards.  Suck power from them and give it to the people.  Powerful committee chairs in Congress will no longer be able to stop what the people truly want action on.  The convention of states may never yield a dang thing, but it can show the DC knotheads what we want.  The strongest argument against this is if the populous follows someone blindly, and the Congress can't be a check valve, oops nevermind Obama issued another illegal order.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So since half or more of posters here hate living constitution, you all agree that corporate personhood is unconstitutional and built on faulty rulings right?

If corporations must pay taxes, then they deserve a say in their governance. You cannot have it both ways. You pay taxes, you must have a say.

I have no problem with them having a voice.  I have a great deal of issue with them having the same Constitutional rights as a person.  Since the vast majority of corporations are closely held, the individuals controlling them don't need two voices.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
but back to the criticism I've received in this thread, you who don't favor a living constitution must by definition reject corporate personhood because of its complete and total bastardization of *X* amendment (leave reno guessing). 
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't know, I bet you could get 38 states on board with a balanced budget amendment. It'd be close but worth a shot.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

I have no problem with them having a voice.  I have a great deal of issue with them having the same Constitutional rights as a person.  Since the vast majority of corporations are closely held, the individuals controlling them don't need two voices.

Straw man arguments carry no weight. No one has asked for corps having "the same Constitutional rights as a person." My solution is to eliminate corporate taxes altogether. People vote - people get taxed. Simple.

And if you are going to tax high earners at a higher % than lesser earners, they should have more of a say in their governance. Solution =  flat tax.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Ok 'lemy  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Straw man arguments carry no weight. No one has asked for corps having "the same Constitutional rights as a person." My solution is to eliminate corporate taxes altogether. People vote - people get taxed. Simple.

And if you are going to tax high earners at a higher % than lesser earners, they should have more of a say in their governance. Solution =  flat tax.

WTF strawman arguments are you talking about?  Corps now have freedom of speech per Citizens United.  Corps now have religious beliefs transferred into them from their closely held owners per Burwell. The next step could be voting at the rate the Court is going. 

Still love the fact that all of you who tried to call me out are ducking the issue that any type of corporate personhood is a bastardization of the living constitution.  I guess it's only bad when that doctrine gives rights to minority groups and women.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
It takes a tremendous leap in logic to get from Citizens United (iirc that was Hill dog trying to trounce on tights) and Burwell to "Corporate peson", which I'm understanding to mean a corporation having the same rights as citizens, including the right to vote.

So, to engage in the whack-a-doodle -o, I need to know one thing. Does a corporation have to wait until it's 18 to vote, and does it start getting medicare at age 65?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Fyi, this is going into the libtard repository

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You aren't really this stupid are you?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Better watch it, edna.

At the rate the court is going, corporations already have civil rights, and you are acting like a huge bigot. What if a corporation converts (transitions) into a limited partnership?? Could edna be charged with a hate crime for his anti-corporate rhetoric? I think so...

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Better watch it, edna.

At the rate the court is going, corporations already have civil rights, and you are acting like a huge bigot. What if a corporation converts (transitions) into a limited partnership?? Could edna be charged with a hate crime for his anti-corporate rhetoric? I think so...
I'm shocked that you don't know the basics here.  I thought anyone who had a simple education and interest in political science or history would pick up on these facts.  I was very mistaken.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
I don't know, I bet you could get 38 states on board with a balanced budget amendment. It'd be close but worth a shot.

This is so stupid. Of all the stupid ideas conservatives have a balanced budget amendment is the worst. There is no reason the government shouldn't be able to borrow money, and if enacted the country would go into a giant recession.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This is so stupid. Of all the stupid ideas conservatives have a balanced budget amendment is the worst. There is no reason the government shouldn't be able to borrow money, and if enacted the country would go into a giant recession.

I think of about 19 trillion reasons we ought to move towards a balanced budget.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This stems from an ignorance about what the Fed actually does and how things like gov debt and interests rates can affect the economy. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Better watch it, edna.

I'm shocked that you don't know the basics here.  I thought anyone who had a simple education and interest in political science or history would pick up on these facts.  I was very mistaken.

Guys, Edna knows what (s)he's talking about. Same Edna who thought Constitutional Amendments were examples of a "Living Constitution." :lol: Even a simple education.... :lol:

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

I think of about 19 trillion reasons we ought to move towards a balanced budget.

Ok and what's your plan to replace all the government spending that this would cut from the economy? I mean after 10 years the economy would adjust, but that is gonna be a painful 10 years. Again it's just another stupid fear conservatives have. I mean China sold US Treasury notes this week, and the price of those notes went up!!!!! Obviously the market is perfectly fine with our debt load.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Better watch it, edna.

Guys, Edna knows what (s)he's talking about. Same Edna who thought Constitutional Amendments were examples of a "Living Constitution." :lol: Even a simple education.... :lol:

Hey Bitch,

WTF strawman arguments are you talking about?  Corps now have freedom of speech per Citizens United.  Corps now have religious beliefs transferred into them from their closely held owners per Burwell. The next step could be voting at the rate the Court is going. 

Still love the fact that all of you who tried to call me out are ducking the issue that any type of corporate personhood is a bastardization of the living constitution.  I guess it's only bad when that doctrine gives rights to minority groups and women.

Get back to me for your measurement.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
You guys are cray-cray.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Pretty soon these corpos (slur for corporation) are gonna insist on drinking from the same drinking fountains as us!

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I really thought campaign finance reform was like the one truly bipartisan issue,  guess I was wrong.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think you're in the wrong thread, pal.

Or maybe you're just a Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) who thinks money in campaigns is something new in the last 8 years

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't think it's new, definitely not wrong thread. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I don't think it's new, definitely not wrong thread.

Wow this is like an epiphany moment in understanding why Fake and KSUW don't get the direction of politics and how our country really works.  They really don't understand the mechanisms at play for things like campaign spending.  They only hear that the SEIU spends a few million dollars on elections and that's un-'Merican by ads put on by AFP (Kochs) that cost 400 million.  Complete and total disconnect.