Author Topic: 201* Concert Thread  (Read 136348 times)

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
Re: 201* Concert Thread
« Reply #1500 on: December 08, 2021, 09:27:26 AM »
So far for 2022 I have:

Rainbow Kitten Surprise
The Hold Steady
Elton John
The Killers
ELO Tribute Band
Queen Tribute Band

Where are you seeing the Killers? They are skipping KC like every other big band does now.  :curse:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 08, 2021, 09:31:53 AM »
So far for 2022 I have:

Rainbow Kitten Surprise
The Hold Steady
Elton John
The Killers
ELO Tribute Band
Queen Tribute Band

Where are you seeing the Killers? They are skipping KC like every other big band does now.  :curse:

Denver - It's at their basketball arena too instead of Red Rocks.  They're a bucket list type band for my wife so I figured it was a good Christmas gift

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: December 08, 2021, 10:43:25 AM »
So far for 2022 I have:

Rainbow Kitten Surprise
The Hold Steady
Elton John
The Killers
ELO Tribute Band
Queen Tribute Band

Denver - It's at their basketball arena too instead of Red Rocks.  They're a bucket list type band for my wife so I figured it was a good Christmas gift

yeah, i haven't heard much about how good they are live, but I would see them if they came through KC.

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 08, 2021, 10:52:52 AM »
So far for 2022 I have:

Rainbow Kitten Surprise
The Hold Steady
Elton John
The Killers
ELO Tribute Band
Queen Tribute Band

yeah, i haven't heard much about how good they are live, but I would see them if they came through KC.
The Killers put on a really good show.  I’m not the biggest fan, but have been to 2 concerts in KC and saw them at Hangout Fest a few years ago.  Always a good time.
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 15, 2021, 11:59:35 AM »
Bobby Weir and the Wolf Brothers are coming to both Wichita (March 14) and KC (March15).  I am going to both, and then later that week hitting a "famous" Grateful Dead cover band show in St Louis (Joe Russo's Almost Dead, March 19).

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 15, 2021, 01:58:12 PM »
Going to Jack White at Starlight in August.  :billdance: Saw him at Sandstone a few years back and it was pretty great. Looking forward to seeing him again at a small outdoor venue.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: December 15, 2021, 02:11:07 PM »
So far for 2022 I have:

Rainbow Kitten Surprise
The Hold Steady
Elton John
The Killers
ELO Tribute Band
Queen Tribute Band

I will also be attending Sir Elton's final appearance at the Sprint Center or whatever the kids are calling it these days.  Floor seats, so that took a decent chunk out of my concert budget for the year.  Not sure what else will be lined up for the rest of 2022.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 15, 2021, 02:57:03 PM »
So far for 2022 I have:

Rainbow Kitten Surprise
The Hold Steady
Elton John
The Killers
ELO Tribute Band
Queen Tribute Band

I will also be attending Sir Elton's final appearance at the Sprint Center or whatever the kids are calling it these days.  Floor seats, so that took a decent chunk out of my concert budget for the year.  Not sure what else will be lined up for the rest of 2022.

We might see that one or might do Louisville with friends.  Those tickets are no joke though.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: December 15, 2021, 09:52:48 PM »
I haven't been to a live show in a LONG time, but I'm headed to see Dead and Company Saturday night in Denver.  I'm pretty excited for it.  John Mayer is sitting in for Jerry Garcia, and they do all the good old Grateful Dead songs. Really hoping to get an Althea, Wharf Rat, China Cat, Scarlet > Fire, and an encore of Ripple.  :pray:

I was really impressed with the production quality and sound at the Dead and Company show. Mayer is amazing as well. Wow.

I saw them a few days after you did in Englewood. They played absolutely nothing from your wish list, but the show was magical, to say the least. Songs like Brown Eyed Women and Down the Road Feeling Bad seem to be a whole lot better with Mayer and some of the old standbyes seem worse. They played Help on the Way/Slipknot/Franklin's Tower at the show I was at and that was amazing.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: February 02, 2022, 09:28:52 AM »
I will also be attending Sir Elton's final appearance at the Sprint Center or whatever the kids are calling it these days.

Elton still has it.  His voice and energy levels were really good last night.  Drugs?

Offline I_have_purplewood

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: February 02, 2022, 10:40:48 AM »
Going to Jack White at Starlight in August.  :billdance: Saw him at Sandstone a few years back and it was pretty great. Looking forward to seeing him again at a small outdoor venue.

Not sure how I haven't heard about this.  Thanks for heads up.  He's great in concert
Fifteen minutes later, when the Kansas locker room opened its doors to the media, the Jayhawks were still crying. Literally, bawling. All of them. I've never seen anything like it, and I've seen devastated college locker rooms -- after losses in the Final Four, the national championship game -- ever

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: February 02, 2022, 11:21:23 AM »
I will also be attending Sir Elton's final appearance at the Sprint Center or whatever the kids are calling it these days.

Elton still has it.  His voice and energy levels were really good last night.  Drugs?

He can't hit the high notes anymore. He just drops out and lets the backup singers handle it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: February 02, 2022, 11:58:26 PM »

He can't hit the high notes anymore. He just drops out and lets the backup singers handle it.

I feel like this would be quite noticable during Tiny Dancer. Does he just not have it on his set list?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: February 02, 2022, 11:59:51 PM »

I feel like this would be quite noticable during Tiny Dancer. Does he just not have it on his set list?

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Rocket Man are the ones that stand out to me, based on memory. Saw him twice, but both times between 5-10 years ago.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: February 04, 2022, 06:50:14 AM »
Jenny!

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: February 04, 2022, 06:58:57 AM »
Elton hasn’t been able to falsetto since the late 80s.  I believe there was some kind of throat surgery.

It’s a little crazy - he released most of his hits in like a three or four year period in the 70s that had all these cool falsetto bits, and then about 15 years later, he couldn’t really sing a lot of them anymore. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: February 04, 2022, 07:02:00 AM »
Also, regarding an earlier conversation, the killers is probably my favorite concert I’ve been to.  But I’m also a huge killers stan.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: February 04, 2022, 07:19:40 AM »
Also, regarding an earlier conversation, the killers is probably my favorite concert I’ve been to.  But I’m also a huge killers stan.
Killers is top for me as well.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: February 04, 2022, 08:27:36 AM »

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Rocket Man are the ones that stand out to me, based on memory. Saw him twice, but both times between 5-10 years ago.

Oh yes Elton's falsetto has been gone for a long time but he compensates by getting as high as his chest voice will go.  I just rewatched some video I took during I'm Still Standing and he was belting that crap out.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: February 04, 2022, 11:34:17 AM »

Oh yes Elton's falsetto has been gone for a long time but he compensates by getting as high as his chest voice will go.  I just rewatched some video I took during I'm Still Standing and he was belting that crap out.

I have noticed that he'll sometimes drop down an octave.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: February 04, 2022, 11:43:14 AM »

I have noticed that he'll sometimes drop down an octave.
Yes.  You can see it in the following videos (of elite Elton deep cut, Tonight):

the "but you wanna carry grudges" at 3:28
same line at 3:35  -- still an incredible performance

Offline LesterFreamon

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: February 04, 2022, 02:06:46 PM »
Don't know dates/order of events but I know I will be going to these in the next few months

John Mayer
Coldplay
Royal Blood
Turnpike

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: February 10, 2022, 01:59:07 AM »
rough ridin' gross

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: February 17, 2022, 12:54:57 PM »
Beach House at the Midland on Tuesday!  Just heard about it a few minutes ago.