Author Topic: 201* Concert Thread  (Read 134818 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 201* Concert Thread
« Reply #1475 on: August 15, 2021, 11:20:02 PM »
A nice thing about seeing Bell Biv Devoe at these things is I’d assume they’re always gonna be rolling as the original members.

Yep, and somehow they looked younger than Boyz II Men.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 18, 2021, 02:35:55 PM »
LOL. Garth cancelling the rest of his shows after doing KC and Lincoln. Hey Garth, watch out for that cat in the road you just ran over.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: August 22, 2021, 09:19:45 PM »
this seems to be a pretty typical set list for alanis, at least for this neck of the tour

great list that i’d be happy to see, only one I wish was included that isn’t is “that I would be good”

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 22, 2021, 10:15:10 PM »
this seems to be a pretty typical set list for alanis, at least for this neck of the tour

great list that i’d be happy to see, only one I wish was included that isn’t is “that I would be good”

Didn't look at that closely because I'm in the I'd rather be surprised camp. My wife did change her mind about going, would still love to meet for dinner.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: September 01, 2021, 04:33:51 PM »
If any of you in the Manhattan area are country/Americana fans, a family friend is opening for Wade Bowen on Friday at The Hat. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: September 19, 2021, 11:30:20 PM »
alanis was great. had you told me.25 years ago that i’d be sitting in the sprint center on a sunday night with 10,000 others seeing her live, i’d have thought you were nuts.

i really dislike the acoustics of the sprint center though, just a terrible concert venue

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 19, 2021, 11:38:38 PM »
It was a good show. Alanis is a goddam icon. I still have a crush on Shirley Manson after all these years.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 20, 2021, 12:32:45 AM »
she really is an icon

also got to grab dinner with make it rain and mrs make it rain at q39, just two awesome people to share conversation with

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 20, 2021, 01:30:54 PM »
Metallica announced a $20 show at a 1,000 person venue tonight 1 mile from my place in Chicago. Have to buy in cash at the venue. I’m at god damn BWI waiting for a delayed flight.  :curse:
:adios:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: September 20, 2021, 01:33:38 PM »
Saw GNR at Wrigley last Thursday.  Was a very fun impromptu rock out pak with some of my chicago bros.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: September 20, 2021, 01:57:31 PM »
Metallica announced a $20 show at a 1,000 person venue tonight 1 mile from my place in Chicago. Have to buy in cash at the venue. I’m at god damn BWI waiting for a delayed flight.  :curse:

:frown:

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 20, 2021, 02:02:04 PM »
Toadies at Knuckleheads cancelled.  :frown:

Offline fatdamon

• Combo-Fan
  • back farts
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: September 20, 2021, 02:07:02 PM »
Alanís is a gd powerhouse

Garbage was p. good too
YAY FOOTBALL

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: September 20, 2021, 02:17:51 PM »
Cat Power was real bad, sorry for any of you that are fans.

Garbage was awesome, Shirley Manson is a Goddamn rockstar. Their audio was hot trash tho and it made me very worried about Alanis.

As clams said the audio was far from flawless, but it was better than it was for Garbage. That being said, it didn't matter one bit, she was incredible. Leading up to this concert I found myself very frustrated by Alanis for a litany of issues, that melted away quickly. She was so damn good. Mary Jane is my least favorite song from JLP, but goodness hearing that in person, with her emotion, I'll never hear that song the same.

Wake Up is my favorite Alanis song and she absolutely killed it, easily the best song of the night.

What did y'all think about how she sang the hidden track song? I was okay with her having fun with it since we got the payoff. I do think it would have been better if she just came out and belted it out a cappella.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: September 20, 2021, 04:44:38 PM »
Mary Jane - only vaguely familiar with this song but man it sure got dusty in there hearing it live as well as some additional dustiness when Thank You was the final song.  I may have started my first period if the concert lasted much longer.

I just heard the hidden track song for the first time in my life like 2 months ago.  Because it's hidden, duh  :D.  I was just meh on them playing a medley of different styles but it wasn't horrible. IMO that song is good enough to stand on its own as is.

Offline AST

• nip nip weiner
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: September 20, 2021, 07:08:33 PM »
Saw Whiskey Myers Saturday night.  Pretty good little show.  They rock hard and their front man can absolutely wail.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: September 20, 2021, 07:09:48 PM »
I'm going to Jason Isbell Friday night! And got Sturgill tickets October 2! yee haw!

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: September 20, 2021, 07:29:13 PM »
I'm going to Jason Isbell Friday night! And got Sturgill tickets October 2! yee haw!

Man.  I was supposed to see Sturgill in KC right as everything got locked down.  Dude doesn't like to tour outside of local stuff and festivals, according to his last interview I heard.  I hope he comes back through.

Get to see Shakey Graves this week and Mt. Joy next week.  Really excited to see both live.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: September 24, 2021, 03:57:16 PM »
glass animals at sandstone was a treat. i wasn't sure their music would sound great live and outdoors, but it did for the most part!

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: October 20, 2021, 07:19:43 PM »
I haven't been to a live show in a LONG time, but I'm headed to see Dead and Company Saturday night in Denver.  I'm pretty excited for it.  John Mayer is sitting in for Jerry Garcia, and they do all the good old Grateful Dead songs. Really hoping to get an Althea, Wharf Rat, China Cat, Scarlet > Fire, and an encore of Ripple.  :pray:

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: October 21, 2021, 07:05:17 AM »
Went to see Alice Cooper in Topeka.  Put on a very good show and was on my "must see before they die" list.  Can cross post in the signs of growing old thread.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: October 25, 2021, 11:20:03 AM »
I haven't been to a live show in a LONG time, but I'm headed to see Dead and Company Saturday night in Denver.  I'm pretty excited for it.  John Mayer is sitting in for Jerry Garcia, and they do all the good old Grateful Dead songs. Really hoping to get an Althea, Wharf Rat, China Cat, Scarlet > Fire, and an encore of Ripple.  :pray:

I was really impressed with the production quality and sound at the Dead and Company show. Mayer is amazing as well. Wow.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: October 25, 2021, 11:29:09 AM »
bleachers tour coming to kc!  :billdance:

did you go last night m8?

Offline tdaver

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: December 08, 2021, 08:40:19 AM »
Gregory Alan Isakov last night for mrs tdaver’s bday.  Pretty good show.  He’s living the hipster dream as a farmer/musician.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: December 08, 2021, 09:14:06 AM »
So far for 2022 I have:

Rainbow Kitten Surprise
The Hold Steady
Elton John
The Killers