Author Topic: 201* Concert Thread  (Read 133303 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: 201* Concert Thread
« Reply #1425 on: July 30, 2021, 11:56:20 AM »
damn glad i bought insurance with my lionel ritchie tix

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 30, 2021, 01:37:21 PM »
lol outdoor festivals aren't gonna do crap

arenas and clubs though?

I'm hoping they require proof of vax before they start cancelling.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 31, 2021, 01:36:15 AM »
Going to see Jimmy Eat World tomorrow night
This was awesome.

Venue had signs recommending masks regardless of vax status. I’d guess in line it was 50%, but inside it was 5-10%.

They played a couple songs, then played all of Bleed American front to back :love:

:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 31, 2021, 01:36:15 AM »
This was awesome.

Venue had signs recommending masks regardless of vax status. I’d guess in line it was 50%, but inside it was 5-10%.

They played a couple songs, then played all of Bleed American front to back :love:

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 31, 2021, 01:40:09 AM »
Why would fully vaccinated people be concerned about being outdoors with other fully vaccinated people? 

Goodness.

Because plenty of fully vaccinated people can stil transmit to their small children? :dunno:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 31, 2021, 01:41:23 AM »
This was awesome.

Must be the 20th anniversary, huh? Goddamn that album is still so good.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 03, 2021, 05:51:00 PM »
wonder if garth show in kc next weekend is getting cancelled for covid. we have a dang bus rented so we can drunkenly drink drinks.

uhhhhhhh, maybe we should reassess this one too? Really looking for a clean out here guys.  :frown:

http://www.cmt.com/news/1836791/garth-brooks-to-reassess-upcoming-stadium-tour-dates-following-covid-19-surge/

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 03, 2021, 08:43:41 PM »
He also advised those attending his Kansas City show to “please feel free to wear the masks at the concert. Nobody is going to look at you strange, I promise.”

Thanks Garth

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 03, 2021, 09:01:21 PM »

Posted in the Covid thread, but venues here are starting to require attendees be vaxxed

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 03, 2021, 09:08:15 PM »
Who's joining me for Alanis in KC in September?
me!

Ticket sales for this are going extremely poorly.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 03, 2021, 09:09:30 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 03, 2021, 10:18:42 PM »
me!

i’d be happy to be the only person there

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 03, 2021, 10:21:20 PM »
me!

*like*  *subscribe*

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 03, 2021, 11:38:10 PM »
me!

We can yell at each other from across the arena. I listened to this podcast last week and it's great,, she's much more down to earth folksy than I imagined. Danica was surprisingly great too

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/alanis-morissette-danica-patrick/id1551251928?i=1000510311140

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 04, 2021, 08:16:28 AM »
wonder if garth show in kc next weekend is getting cancelled for covid. we have a dang bus rented so we can drunkenly drink drinks.

uhhhhhhh, maybe we should reassess this one too? Really looking for a clean out here guys.  :frown:

http://www.cmt.com/news/1836791/garth-brooks-to-reassess-upcoming-stadium-tour-dates-following-covid-19-surge/

yikes. my wife is getting a bit antsy about this. wasn't planning on wearing a mask, but now prob will. god damnit you stupid rough ridin' hillbillies....get your rough ridin' shots!!!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: August 04, 2021, 04:11:48 PM »

yikes. my wife is getting a bit antsy about this. wasn't planning on wearing a mask, but now prob will. god damnit you stupid rough ridin' hillbillies....get your rough ridin' shots!!!

JUST CANCEL THIS PIECE OF crap ALREADY!  :curse:

https://twitter.com/KWCH12/status/1423012790441332739

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: August 04, 2021, 04:16:09 PM »

oh man, what a crap show this is going to be. Are you still going? I'm on the field but will prob be sporting a mask unless i'm somehow not right on top of some rough ridin' patient zero moron. I don't even like country music that much but everyone said..."dude you gotta see Garth at least once". I guess I'll have the memory while I'm at the hospital. rough ridin' assholes.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: August 04, 2021, 04:54:56 PM »

oh man, what a crap show this is going to be. Are you still going? I'm on the field but will prob be sporting a mask unless i'm somehow not right on top of some rough ridin' patient zero moron. I don't even like country music that much but everyone said..."dude you gotta see Garth at least once". I guess I'll have the memory while I'm at the hospital. rough ridin' assholes.
Yeah, same re. Garth. Right now we are going but it’s my wife’s family so I just feed her info with no comment because if we call it off I’m 100% going to be the guy that ruined it for everyone if I get involved. We are club level so like middle way up or something? No idea where as the tickets were bought for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 04, 2021, 05:02:19 PM »

Yeah, same re. Garth. Right now we are going but it’s my wife’s family so I just feed her info with no comment because if we call it off I’m 100% going to be the guy that ruined it for everyone if I get involved. We are club level so like middle way up or something? No idea where as the tickets were bought for us.

Think club level is mandatory mask. I can't wait to hear the stories of people fighting in the mandatory sections. No idea what the field is going to be like. Hoping i'm going to be able to spread out a bit so I don't get spittle from some drunk redneck singing AHBA.

Also, Garth could prob solve the MO covid problem by cancelling and saying, "I had to cancel it because you are all dumbasses and don't deserve to do fun crap".

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 04, 2021, 05:06:34 PM »
Well, I will 100% be actively drinking a drink the entire time so…..

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 05, 2021, 02:35:37 PM »
dang wish I had read this thread.  I had choices between club and 107, chose 107.  crap

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: August 06, 2021, 01:19:28 PM »
Foos were great last night. Dave was awesome as always and it was Pat Smears birthday so they showed an awesome pic montage of him back in the Nirvana days. Good times had by all accept for the traffic/parking mess.

Plus, Dave messing with Westboro again. haha

https://twitter.com/i/status/1423491643169132549

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: August 06, 2021, 02:31:06 PM »
Foos were great last night. Dave was awesome as always and it was Pat Smears birthday so they showed an awesome pic montage of him back in the Nirvana days. Good times had by all accept for the traffic/parking mess.

Plus, Dave messing with Westboro again. haha

https://twitter.com/i/status/1423491643169132549

Lol. That's great. Seems like a rewarding life.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: August 06, 2021, 02:46:12 PM »
it’s stupid and a publicity stunt to bolster the foo fighters rep, no one has even thought about westboro for 10 years until this

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: August 06, 2021, 03:20:06 PM »
it’s stupid and a publicity stunt to bolster the foo fighters rep, no one has even thought about westboro for 10 years until this

totally. this will probably really get them on the map.