Author Topic: 201* Concert Thread  (Read 133372 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 201* Concert Thread
« Reply #1325 on: March 25, 2021, 10:33:58 AM »

I get all that but I'm not convinced concerts will sell out immediately (at least nationwide)

Well Blake Shelton and Chris Stapleton have both announced concerts here that only have scattered singles out and that's playing to a full house, no distancing. There's no reason to believe that won't be the case everywhere. You're kidding yourself if you don't think Taylor Swift couldn't sell out the Rose Bowl tomorrow if she was willing and able to do a concert there. The people most unwilling to go to a concert are not the audience for a concert in non pandemic times, these people are also the ones getting vaccinated right now. I think there's going to have to be a massive coronavirus surge for people to go back to what we thought about this pandemic last spring.

Chris Stapleton isn't close to sold out in the Bay.

Yeah I agree Taylor Swift would probably sell out the Rose Bowl but she's arguably the biggest star in the world along with Beyonce. Dua Lipa would probably be a reasonable arena show, she's not close to the Tay level

California is very different from most of the United States in this.  A June concert in the Bay is pretty early given Cal, and particularly SF, restrictions/attitudes to Covid.

For sure, I said I didn't think major concerts would sell out nationwide immediately because regions will reopen differently and people in different regions have different attitudes about it.

I mean California is pretty much alone in this, and if you want to be specific about it, the bay area. You don't think the rest of NorCal and the Valley won't be acting like the rest of the country?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 25, 2021, 10:34:23 AM »
That's interesting, it looks like the resellers aren't buying the tickets right now because they're worried about demand. For Stapleton here, not only have the resellers got the tickets but demand seems to not be an issue as they are marked up from 150% to 300%. I wonder if how recently California has opened up plays a factor there. I'm not a country music fan, but isn't Stapleton as big as it gets in country right now like the country version of The Weeknd?

yeah. But the Bay is also an really soft market for country music. I can't get a clear signal for a country station in most of Oakland or SF. (Still, Stapleton is doing a lot better than Maroon 5)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 25, 2021, 10:43:38 AM »
I mean California is pretty much alone in this, and if you want to be specific about it, the bay area. You don't think the rest of NorCal and the Valley won't be acting like the rest of the country?

I think lots of metros will behave similar to the Bay. Boston, NYC, DC, Minneapolis, Chicago, Seattle, Portland, even LA. Really, most big markets outside of the South and the more conservative Mountain ones.

And still, Sacramento has plenty of tickets:

Bakersfield is an arena and has plenty of tix available:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 25, 2021, 10:48:09 AM »
Chris Stapleton at Wrigley Field? can easily get a group of 6 on the field level without resellers

I think Blake Shelton in Iowa may be the exception and not California.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 25, 2021, 10:54:59 AM »
I think it's just a little early yet.  People are starting to move/go to events but I think it'll hit a big peak in late April/May.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 25, 2021, 11:13:03 AM »
I think it's just a little early yet.  People are starting to move/go to events but I think it'll hit a big peak in late April/May.

yeah that's what I'm saying. I don't think many concerts will sell out immediately and go to resellers which is what MiR was worried about

Let's fire this baby back up. I just got tickets to my first post jab concert and it's for the same group of my first ever concert 27 years ago, Boyz II Men, Bell Biv Devoe will be opening for them.

I felt so old the last time that I went to a throwback show like that from the 90's. Everyone was in their 40's-60's.

Sounds about right. This will be 3 out of the last 4 concerts I've been to that were 90's throwbacks.

I'd love to see a current artist like Dua Lipa or Taylor Swift but I think the hassle of acquiring and the price of these tickets really aren't worth it. Before the pandemic seeing a large, current artist was rough ridin' impossible, I can't imagine how ridiculous this will be now.
I think it will take a while before things are all the way back but could be wrong

I get all that but I'm not convinced concerts will sell out immediately (at least nationwide)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 25, 2021, 11:20:35 AM »

yeah that's what I'm saying. I don't think many concerts will sell out immediately and go to resellers which is what MiR was worried about

Let's fire this baby back up. I just got tickets to my first post jab concert and it's for the same group of my first ever concert 27 years ago, Boyz II Men, Bell Biv Devoe will be opening for them.

I felt so old the last time that I went to a throwback show like that from the 90's. Everyone was in their 40's-60's.

Sounds about right. This will be 3 out of the last 4 concerts I've been to that were 90's throwbacks.

I'd love to see a current artist like Dua Lipa or Taylor Swift but I think the hassle of acquiring and the price of these tickets really aren't worth it. Before the pandemic seeing a large, current artist was rough ridin' impossible, I can't imagine how ridiculous this will be now.
I think it will take a while before things are all the way back but could be wrong

I disagree. Have you seen the photos of south beach? You don't think these kids aren't going to do everything in their power to see one of these musicians in the prime of their careers? They've been locked inside and a lot of them have money in their pocket to spend now.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 25, 2021, 11:26:51 AM »
I went to a socially distanced Charley Crockett concert a few weeks ago, was actually the perfect environment to see him.

It was fantastic.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 25, 2021, 12:03:52 PM »

I disagree. Have you seen the photos of south beach? You don't think these kids aren't going to do everything in their power to see one of these musicians in the prime of their careers? They've been locked inside and a lot of them have money in their pocket to spend now.

I'm looking at sales of current concerts. I don't know who you have in mind but here's a Justin Bieber show availability

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
201* Concert Thread
« Reply #1334 on: March 25, 2021, 12:15:38 PM »
I am going to a Creighton baseball game next weekend and it will be my first public concert/sports thing I’ve attended outside of my own children’s sports since the pandemic started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: March 25, 2021, 12:21:30 PM »
I am going to a Creighton baseball game next weekend and it will be my first public concert/sports thing I’ve attended outside of my own children’s sports since the pandemic started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went to a street concert in SF like in August but I'm also planning on going to an A's game next month.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 25, 2021, 01:20:25 PM »

I'm looking at sales of current concerts. I don't know who you have in mind but here's a Justin Bieber show availability

:surprised:

I'll be perusing my Stub Hub app this afternoon.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: March 25, 2021, 02:53:46 PM »

Jesus. I'm legitimately shocked by that.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 25, 2021, 03:00:18 PM »
Biebs had a stadium tour booked that got scaled back to an arena tour pre-pandemic but still

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/touring/9330117/justin-bieber-changes-tour-smaller-venues

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 25, 2021, 11:27:26 PM »
Biebs had a stadium tour booked that got scaled back to an arena tour pre-pandemic but still

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/touring/9330117/justin-bieber-changes-tour-smaller-venues

I guess bro doesn't have much of an audience anymore. It certainly isn't 16 year olds anymore. All I ever hear him on these days are as a featured artist on pop hip hop songs.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 14, 2021, 12:09:56 PM »
Been seeing smaller tour schedules released this week!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNpvyUyjlAJ/?igshid=1il9g1razap2h

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 14, 2021, 03:02:26 PM »
Mods, please rename to 20** Concert Thread

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 27, 2021, 12:55:06 PM »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 27, 2021, 01:03:37 PM »
wow, a chance to see Neil Frances and Neal Francis on the same day!

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 27, 2021, 01:47:39 PM »

:cry:

Had good tix to see Vampire Weekend at Starlight last year.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 27, 2021, 01:47:49 PM »

Has this festival always kicked ass?
:adios:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 28, 2021, 12:37:50 AM »

It isn't very old, like the 4th one or so, but yeah it's been very good.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 28, 2021, 12:40:00 AM »

Little confused about why Brittany Howard isn't featured. Nelly is clearly the most sold musician there but I get him not being featured. Brittany Howard is incredibly popular right now.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 12, 2021, 02:19:31 PM »

oh man my guy cut worms got added for Friday

https://www.instagram.com/p/COyGXE9DIY4/?igshid=1lnrs9z8lyy9k

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 12, 2021, 10:23:09 PM »
The band says it is proud of its sounds, "for disenfranchised music lovers who don't like the homogenized, prefabricated pop or sound?alike, formulaic rap?metal, which monopolizes the radio airwaves and best?seller charts."

https://www.dodgeglobe.com/story/news/2021/05/12/blue-oyster-cult-coming-dodge-city/5045680001/