Author Topic: 201* Concert Thread  (Read 133321 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: 201* Concert Thread
« Reply #1300 on: February 27, 2020, 06:57:04 PM »
https://www.hangoutmusicfest.com

It’s completely sold out #eff

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: February 27, 2020, 07:00:38 PM »
Got a floor ticket for RATM at the United Center!
:adios:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: February 28, 2020, 09:01:31 AM »
I'm doing a week in Denver to see Avett Brothers, Rainbow Kitten Surprise, then Black Keys with Gary Clark Jr and the Marcus King Band all at Red Rocks

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: February 28, 2020, 11:43:51 AM »
I have tickets for Carly Rae Jepsen and Orville Peck. (two different shows). (But both in Oakland!)

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
201* Concert Thread
« Reply #1304 on: February 28, 2020, 01:39:22 PM »
I have tickets for Carly Rae Jepsen and Orville Peck. (two different shows). (But both in Oakland!)

:lol: the horror
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: February 28, 2020, 02:00:47 PM »

I don't get it, I can't stand going into the city (SF) for concerts any more :cyclist:

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: February 28, 2020, 02:23:54 PM »

I don't get it, I can't stand going into the city (SF) for concerts any more :cyclist:

Oh I thought it was the other way around. Like you were turning your nose up at having to leave SF.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: February 28, 2020, 06:48:03 PM »
I'm doing a week in Denver to see Avett Brothers, Rainbow Kitten Surprise, then Black Keys with Gary Clark Jr and the Marcus King Band all at Red Rocks
Gary Clark Jr is as good as you might expect live.
:adios:

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: October 26, 2020, 02:53:15 PM »
 :bawl:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: March 23, 2021, 10:57:16 PM »
Let's fire this baby back up. I just got tickets to my first post jab concert and it's for the same group of my first ever concert 27 years ago, Boyz II Men, Bell Biv Devoe will be opening for them.

Online bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: March 23, 2021, 11:02:03 PM »
Let's fire this baby back up. I just got tickets to my first post jab concert and it's for the same group of my first ever concert 27 years ago, Boyz II Men, Bell Biv Devoe will be opening for them.

I felt so old the last time that I went to a throwback show like that from the 90's. Everyone was in their 40's-60's. :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: March 24, 2021, 01:56:05 AM »

I felt so old the last time that I went to a throwback show like that from the 90's. Everyone was in their 40's-60's. :lol:

Sounds about right. This will be 3 out of the last 4 concerts I've been to that were 90's throwbacks.

I'd love to see a current artist like Dua Lipa or Taylor Swift but I think the hassle of acquiring and the price of these tickets really aren't worth it. Before the pandemic seeing a large, current artist was rough ridin' impossible, I can't imagine how ridiculous this will be now.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: March 24, 2021, 08:53:57 AM »
thinking heavily about going to bottlerock this year

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: March 24, 2021, 09:16:57 AM »

I felt so old the last time that I went to a throwback show like that from the 90's. Everyone was in their 40's-60's.

Sounds about right. This will be 3 out of the last 4 concerts I've been to that were 90's throwbacks.

I'd love to see a current artist like Dua Lipa or Taylor Swift but I think the hassle of acquiring and the price of these tickets really aren't worth it. Before the pandemic seeing a large, current artist was rough ridin' impossible, I can't imagine how ridiculous this will be now.
I think it will take a while before things are all the way back but could be wrong

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: March 24, 2021, 12:12:31 PM »

I felt so old the last time that I went to a throwback show like that from the 90's. Everyone was in their 40's-60's.

I think it will take a while before things are all the way back but could be wrong

I mean as soon as these artists go on tour the tickets will sell out in 5 minutes because ticketmaster and Live Nation are MF'ers, and they will immediately be marked up 150% by resellers. The primary audience for these concerts don't care about COVID anymore, the only reason the concerts aren't happening right now is because of local restrictions and those are being lifted everyday. Even Canada is starting to allow fans at indoor sporting events. I guarantee you that at least one of the current big acts announces a tour starting this summer or fall.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: March 24, 2021, 12:26:08 PM »
I get all that but I'm not convinced concerts will sell out immediately (at least nationwide)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: March 24, 2021, 12:28:50 PM »
idc who is playing at riot room / recordbar / truman, i am going to be at the first show

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: March 24, 2021, 12:39:49 PM »
I get all that but I'm not convinced concerts will sell out immediately (at least nationwide)

Well Blake Shelton and Chris Stapleton have both announced concerts here that only have scattered singles out and that's playing to a full house, no distancing. There's no reason to believe that won't be the case everywhere. You're kidding yourself if you don't think Taylor Swift couldn't sell out the Rose Bowl tomorrow if she was willing and able to do a concert there. The people most unwilling to go to a concert are not the audience for a concert in non pandemic times, these people are also the ones getting vaccinated right now. I think there's going to have to be a massive coronavirus surge for people to go back to what we thought about this pandemic last spring.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: March 25, 2021, 09:20:54 AM »
I'm for sure going to the next Tswift show in KC.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: March 25, 2021, 09:26:10 AM »

Hopefully it's in Arrowhead or Kaufmann. I will not pay a broker $250 a ticket to see her at T-Mobile, as much as I want to see her. My wife and two daughters are also big fans, there's no way in hell I'm spending $1000 for concert tickets.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: March 25, 2021, 09:27:23 AM »

Well Blake Shelton and Chris Stapleton have both announced concerts here that only have scattered singles out and that's playing to a full house, no distancing. There's no reason to believe that won't be the case everywhere. You're kidding yourself if you don't think Taylor Swift couldn't sell out the Rose Bowl tomorrow if she was willing and able to do a concert there. The people most unwilling to go to a concert are not the audience for a concert in non pandemic times, these people are also the ones getting vaccinated right now. I think there's going to have to be a massive coronavirus surge for people to go back to what we thought about this pandemic last spring.

Chris Stapleton isn't close to sold out in the Bay.

Yeah you're probably right that Taylor Swift would sell out the Rose Bowl but she's arguably the biggest star in the world along with Beyonce. Dua Lipa would probably be a reasonable arena show, she's not close to the Tay level

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 25, 2021, 09:28:14 AM »

Hopefully it's in Arrowhead or Kaufmann. I will not pay a broker $250 a ticket to see her at T-Mobile, as much as I want to see her. My wife and two daughters are also big fans, there's no way in hell I'm spending $1000 for concert tickets.
no no no.  I'm not paying that much either.  I know at least her most recent concert was in Arrowhead, and the one before that may have been in Arrowhead too.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 25, 2021, 09:40:38 AM »

Yeah I agree Taylor Swift would probably sell out the Rose Bowl but she's arguably the biggest star in the world along with Beyonce. Dua Lipa would probably be a reasonable arena show, she's not close to the Tay level

California is very different from most of the United States in this.  A June concert in the Bay is pretty early given Cal, and particularly SF, restrictions/attitudes to Covid.

It might be a stretch to relate to US concert traffic, but crap movies in China are setting box office records because people are wanting to get out and do anything.  Leisure hotel rooms are picking up through the summer and fall pretty rapidly now when previously nothing booked more than a week out.  This summer is going to be crazy for travel/events.  Granted, California's restrictions have put them on the slow end of leisure travel recovery.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 25, 2021, 10:18:12 AM »

Yeah you're probably right that Taylor Swift would sell out the Rose Bowl but she's arguably the biggest star in the world along with Beyonce. Dua Lipa would probably be a reasonable arena show, she's not close to the Tay level

That's interesting, it looks like the resellers aren't buying the tickets right now because they're worried about demand. For Stapleton here, not only have the resellers got the tickets but demand seems to not be an issue as they are marked up from 150% to 300%. I wonder if how recently California has opened up plays a factor there. I'm not a country music fan, but isn't Stapleton as big as it gets in country right now like the country version of The Weeknd?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 25, 2021, 10:26:50 AM »

Yeah I agree Taylor Swift would probably sell out the Rose Bowl but she's arguably the biggest star in the world along with Beyonce. Dua Lipa would probably be a reasonable arena show, she's not close to the Tay level

California is very different from most of the United States in this.  A June concert in the Bay is pretty early given Cal, and particularly SF, restrictions/attitudes to Covid.

For sure, I said I didn't think major concerts would sell out nationwide immediately because regions will reopen differently and people in different regions have different attitudes about it.