Author Topic: YallQaeda  (Read 26687 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: YallQaeda
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2016, 08:26:27 AM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2016, 09:45:13 AM »
 :lol:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2016, 10:10:06 AM »
That's fantastic

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2016, 10:11:12 AM »
How long until there is a roadside dong stand set up to cash in on those?

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2016, 11:56:40 AM »
You guys should check out those real house wives show or monster truck rallies if you think laughing at white trash is fascinating.

When Lisa Rinna loads up a bushmaster and takes over the Brentwood post office I will.  And so will you

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2016, 01:02:39 PM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2016, 01:28:15 PM »
Can they please put the GJ proceedings on periscope?  PLEASE

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2016, 01:33:36 PM »
they're putting the whole system on trial  :lol:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/oregon-militiamen-prepare-for-grand-jury-against-local-officials

You think they have random clips from Law Abiding Citizen playing on loop?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2016, 01:47:36 PM »
http://www.wsj.com/articles/government-agencies-to-cull-up-to-900-yellowstone-bison-1452027434

BILLINGS, Mont.—Government agencies aim to kill or remove up to 900 wild bison from Yellowstone National Park this winter as part of a continuing effort to reduce the animals’ annual migration into Montana by driving down their population.

Park officials on Tuesday released details of plans for at least 600 to 900 bison to be killed by hunters or captured and sent to slaughter. That potentially would be the most in one winter since 2008, and it represents more than 18% of the current population of about 4,900 animals.

Bison migrate annually from the high country of Yellowstone to their historical winter grazing grounds at lower elevations in Montana. Since the 1980s, worry over the animal disease brucellosis has prompted the killing of about 8,200 park bison.

Yellowstone Superintendent Dan Wenk said in a statement that the National Park Service was uncomfortable with the practice and interested in alternatives, such as sending disease-free animals to other public, private or tribal lands.

“The park would gladly reduce the frequency and magnitude of these operations if migrating bison had access to more habitat outside the park or there was a way to transfer live bison elsewhere,” Wenk said.

Two weeks ago, Montana Gov. Steve Bullock approved a plan that for the first time would allow hundreds of bison to roam year-round on about 400 square miles of primarily public lands just west of Yellowstone. The proposal must be agreed to by the park, other federal agencies and American Indian tribes before it can go into effect.

Whether that will happen this winter is uncertain. But even if it did, it is expected to have little impact on the hunts and slaughters planned for this winter. Most of the population growth has been within herds that migrate into the Gardiner Basin north of the park, not on the west side where Bullock wants more tolerance for the animals.

“The governor’s decision wouldn’t change the number of animals, the goal of what we’re trying to take this year,” said Sam Sheppard with Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks. Reaching that goal is dependent on the severity of the winter. In mild years, fewer bison leave the park to graze in Montana, Sheppard added.

Under a 2000 agreement between federal agencies and Montana officials, the capture and slaughter of bison has become a regular occurrence. The practice is the subject of harsh criticism from wildlife advocates and members of Congress. A record 1,737 bison were removed from Yellowstone in 2008.

In the past few years, officials have put more emphasis on hunting just outside the park’s boundaries, including by members of American Indian tribes that have treaty rights to harvest the animals.

Last winter saw the removal of 737 bison. That included 219 killed by hunters, 511 sent to slaughter or shot by government wildlife agents, and seven transferred into a government research program.

Despite such efforts, the park’s herds remain at near-record levels.

Unlike most bison in the U.S., Yellowstone’s herds are considered genetically pure, making them prized among biologists and the throngs of tourists who come to the park hoping to see one of the animals up-close.

Some ranchers, landowners and elected officials in Montana have a more negative view. That is because of brucellosis and the potential for bison to compete with cattle for grazing space on public lands outside the park.

Roughly half of the park’s bison test positive for exposure to the disease. However, there have been no recorded brucellosis transmissions from bison to cattle.

Copyright 2016 the Associated Press.

So yeah, this is why ranchers want public land.  Socialize the costs, but keep the profits.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2016, 02:01:05 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2016, 02:05:35 PM »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2016, 02:10:17 PM »
I'm familiar with the bison issue.  If the feds guaranteed to replace any cattle lost to brucellosis it might help.  Although they did the same thing with cows lost to wolves and that hasn't exactly panned out. 

If they issued more tags, including landowner tags, the ranchers could sell those tags for a lot of money and therefore have an insurance policy on their cattle.  Those 500 tags could bring $500k to the state, and probably another couple million to local economies in the form of trespass fees, guides, etc.

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2016, 02:14:13 PM »
I will never understand why people pay exorbitant amounts of money to shoot animals and I am a gun owner.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2016, 02:17:29 PM »
I'm familiar with the bison issue.  If the feds guaranteed to replace any cattle lost to brucellosis it might help.  Although they did the same thing with cows lost to wolves and that hasn't exactly panned out. 

If they issued more tags, including landowner tags, the ranchers could sell those tags for a lot of money and therefore have an insurance policy on their cattle.  Those 500 tags could bring $500k to the state, and probably another couple million to local economies in the form of trespass fees, guides, etc.

I guess my problem is that ranchers are placing all their issues on the disease component when it's really a grazing issue.  We first need document cases of disease transfer before we can worry about it.  We've had these animals living in close proximity for some time and it's not an issue.  It's a smoke screen for people who want to abuse the land.  This kind of debate also shows the government is more than responsive to rancher's issues and the use of public land for private commercial purposes.  For me this is more evidence of how good ranchers have it and how little they respect the land and the public's property.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2016, 02:24:23 PM »
It's more complicated than that.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2016, 02:28:09 PM »
I'd like to hear your thoughts. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 13, 2016, 02:31:37 PM »
Lots of people are either for or against or indifferent for lots of reasons.

Some of those people are indeed against it and for one of the reasons you mentioned.  But that's very few people compared to the whole that are offering an opinion. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 13, 2016, 03:03:41 PM »

Some of those people are indeed against it and for one of the reasons you mentioned.  But that's very few people compared to the whole that are offering an opinion.

well we have to go off what these people claim are their reasons for rejecting BLM/.gov management of public lands.  The issue is that at nearly every turn their examples are fraught with issues.  This one, the stated issue are disease and competition. Well the disease issue has never happened (per other sources I've read, but that might be wrong if you know otherwise) so we are left with competition.  These people don't see Bison as a revenue source so they have little use for the animals.  Take other issues where people complain about an unresponsive government but we have many examples where the needs of the public/animals/native claims to land are balanced against their cattle needs and a compromise is met.  Yet these people continue to claim they have been wrong.  Instead of acting like adults these anti-government protesters act more like spoiled kids who didn't get their way. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 13, 2016, 03:39:42 PM »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2016, 03:59:15 PM »

well we have to go off what these people claim are their reasons for rejecting BLM/.gov management of public lands.  The issue is that at nearly every turn their examples are fraught with issues.  This one, the stated issue are disease and competition. Well the disease issue has never happened (per other sources I've read, but that might be wrong if you know otherwise) so we are left with competition.  These people don't see Bison as a revenue source so they have little use for the animals.  Take other issues where people complain about an unresponsive government but we have many examples where the needs of the public/animals/native claims to land are balanced against their cattle needs and a compromise is met.  Yet these people continue to claim they have been wrong.  Instead of acting like adults these anti-government protesters act more like spoiled kids who didn't get their way.

You're only referencing some of what very few of the people are saying.  Go research how many leases are affected by this.  It's not many at all, a handful.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2016, 04:26:52 PM »
dildos!   :ROFL:

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2016, 12:53:35 PM »
Any update on these lovable losers?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2016, 01:00:19 PM »
surely this isn't still going on? 

If it is, that is the most lol'y thing in a while.  First media coverage, then dildos, then no one even knows.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2016, 01:05:04 PM »
Weren't they all going to do some pretend legal proceeding?  I would love to see them all dressed up in powdered wigs yelling legal words they saw on tv.

"objection!'
"order in the court!"
*bangs a hammer that pretends is a gavel*

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2016, 01:08:06 PM »
I could not be happier if there was some reality doc that came out of this.  Preferably created, edited, and scored by YallQaeda themselves.