Author Topic: Frank Martin  (Read 53356 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Martin
« Reply #350 on: February 18, 2016, 08:38:14 PM »
I was just trying to say I've felt pretty good with Nigel, Stokes, & Brown since Angel left. They've produced. I just felt like I had many more headaches from Angel as young PG than I have had with Nigel as a SO, and stokes and brown as FR. Nigel pretty much beat KU last year by himself.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 18, 2016, 08:48:07 PM »
Man, no he didn't. He had a great game but lets not overstate it.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 18, 2016, 08:51:41 PM »
I'm not saying I'm not a dumb duck like Rowdy suggested, I mean that's very much possible, but I thought Nigel was pretty great in the 2nd half of the season last year and I love our FR PG's this year.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 18, 2016, 08:52:20 PM »
I do admit my hate for Frank is very bizarre. He was pretty great in real life. I just think he's full of crap. Preaching one thing and doing the complete opposite by leaving when times got tough.  :dunno:

My dislike for Frank is selfish. Kruger left us in 1990 for Florida. Several years later he has them in the FF. That is tough to take. It stings because you think it could have been us. I liked Frank because he was winning and established a brand for K-State basketball that I liked. But if he were to be highly successful at SC and get to another FF, it would hurt. I am pissed at Frank for leaving and pissed at Currie for not being able to co-exist.
"He's in Shape !"

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 18, 2016, 08:55:35 PM »
Angel's PG'n f'n Miami in the top 15 right now, and wearing a gE shirt while doing so.

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 18, 2016, 09:01:52 PM »
Angel's PG'n f'n Miami in the top 15 right now, and wearing a gE shirt while doing so.

yep, and 5th yr Sr Angel >> Fr Angel
Anybody who disputes Angel was not a good player during Titletown is being a jackass.
"He's in Shape !"

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 18, 2016, 09:03:48 PM »
I think he was a good PG, I just don't think he was "great"! He pissed me off at the FT line down the stretch of many games.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 18, 2016, 09:05:12 PM »
Nigel is more of a two than a combo. He was as terrible as he was good at times. Stokes is one of the better point guards that oscar has ever landed. Frank has has landed four 1st or 2nd team conference point guards.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 18, 2016, 09:07:12 PM »

Anybody who disputes Angel was not a good player during Titletown is being a jackass.

Angel's best year might be his sophomore year.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 18, 2016, 09:08:33 PM »

it was beautiful last night when he took over the second half.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 18, 2016, 09:09:42 PM »
I don't think saying oscar has recruited better than I thought he would is crazy. Overall, yes, Frank recruited well too, but not at the level he was at when Delonte was around. He's recruited really well at SC. Better than he had his last two years at K-State. It just takes those recruits a little while to be productive there.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 18, 2016, 09:42:27 PM »

Yes, should've.kept them.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 18, 2016, 09:46:10 PM »
He should be overseas right now, but ok. They sat him last year during the NIT due to "injury"
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 09:55:27 PM by WackyCat08 »

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 18, 2016, 09:46:29 PM »

it was beautiful last night when he took over the second half.

He was very happy. We were only the 2nd flag there, and the only one being raised all night.

Our 2nd favorite guy was 7-foot "old Dom."

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 18, 2016, 09:48:19 PM »
I don't think saying oscar has recruited better than I thought he would is crazy. Overall, yes, Frank recruited well too, but not at the level he was at when Delonte was around. He's recruited really well at SC. Better than he had his last two years at K-State. It just takes those recruits a little while to be productive there.

Non-elite, but reasonably successful, coaches usually have ups and downs in recruiting. Like, Frank was killing it with Te and then he has a couple years where he was just pulling in solid classes. Classes that I'd kill to have now btw. At SC he has landed some 4* kids, because things bounce back for guys like Frank, because he has a winner's mentality. If recruiting starts to slide a little, he gets some new blood in there and they get after it. Frank will never pull in consistent top 25 classes, but he'll snag one every once in awhile, and the other classes will all still be solid. Compare that to giving Vulture a scholly because there literally isn't anyone better who will come to your school...
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 18, 2016, 09:48:26 PM »
He was very happy. We were only the 2nd flag there, and the only one being raised all night.

it kinda pissed me off that he kept throwing dobs and his dumbass teammates kept not dobbing them.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 18, 2016, 09:49:43 PM »

it kinda pissed me off that he kept throwing dobs and his dumbass teammates kept not dobbing them.

Yes, very frustrating.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 18, 2016, 09:50:29 PM »
if martin was recruiting better at usc than he did at kstate, he'd have a better team than he does.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 18, 2016, 09:54:34 PM »
sys, I'll have a semi-platinum story for you next chat.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 18, 2016, 09:58:17 PM »

Non-elite, but reasonably successful, coaches usually have ups and downs in recruiting. Like, Frank was killing it with Te and then he has a couple years where he was just pulling in solid classes. Classes that I'd kill to have now btw. At SC he has landed some 4* kids, because things bounce back for guys like Frank, because he has a winner's mentality. If recruiting starts to slide a little, he gets some new blood in there and they get after it. Frank will never pull in consistent top 25 classes, but he'll snag one every once in awhile, and the other classes will all still be solid. Compare that to giving Vulture a scholly because there literally isn't anyone better who will come to your school...
This is totally on point. I'm happy for Frank tho. I'm impressed that there's top 150 kids that are willing to take on his coaching style. He's a great life coach by the end of the day.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 18, 2016, 09:58:53 PM »
if martin was recruiting better at usc than he did at kstate, he'd have a better team than he does.

Having your PG be the best player on your team covers a multitude of sins, like Chris Merriwether, or however tf you spell his name.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 18, 2016, 10:02:18 PM »
Check his classes sys. At least ranking wise.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 18, 2016, 10:15:29 PM »
I think he was a good PG, I just don't think he was "great"! He pissed me off at the FT line down the stretch of many games.

Angel was really incredible at assists. His rate of 11.7 per 100 possessions as a sophomore is still the best (by far) over the last 15 years. His assist to TO ratio that year was 2.2 good for 4th. His freshman year assists per 100 at 8.6 is 7th.

He would have been remembered as one of the best PGs ever at K-State (if not the best) if he had stayed for 4 years.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 18, 2016, 10:19:11 PM »
I do agree with the assists. I remember his play @ Mizzou like yesterday. That's obviously the main point of the position. I guess I've just been focusing too much at scoring at the pg position. His wrap around passes at the basket were/are the best!

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 18, 2016, 10:21:45 PM »
Dnr a lot of this. But we all agree with the op right? Ok. Carry on.

#TheWesIsTheFuture