Author Topic: Frank Martin  (Read 53381 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Frank Martin
« Reply #325 on: February 18, 2016, 12:49:11 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 18, 2016, 12:51:02 PM »
jay price recruited leonard

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 18, 2016, 12:51:41 PM »
and its meyers not miles

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 18, 2016, 01:02:30 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 18, 2016, 01:08:22 PM »

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 18, 2016, 01:10:18 PM »
jay price recruited leonard

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jay-price-6b5773b

:eek:
Weird. I just did the same thing.

First thing that pops up when you Google "Jay Price Illinois". I've never seen that happen for a coach before.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 18, 2016, 02:49:36 PM »
and its meyers not miles

miles, meyers, who gives a crap?
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 18, 2016, 03:28:30 PM »
and its meyers not miles

meh, wasnt meaning for it to come off that way. just trying to prove my point

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 18, 2016, 04:06:18 PM »
frank just couldn't recruit point guards.  we had nobody to carry the torch from Pullen/Clemente to Angel.  Hence Sprads.   

other than coaching three of the best pgs in school history during his five years at kstate, he couldn't recruit pgs.
Angel is so overrated. Sorry, but he was up and down with us. I know he's a very likable player, but he was very inconsistent.

Did you forget that Angel was a true freshman point guard when he played for Frank?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 18, 2016, 04:10:46 PM »
and to go back to the delonte hill comment who hired delonte? i mean frank put multiple players in the pros our only player with a shot to go pro that oscar has recruited was kicked off the team for smoking rough ridin' weed. i get you dont like frank but if you think im grasping at straws youre nuts
Huggins hired Delonte & had him stick around with Frank because he felt bad. Foster won't go pro, he's too short. Beasley- Delonte & Walker are out of the league. It's a very weird thing to brag about. If that's what you meant by multiple, is 2, 2 guys who didn't last long in the league.

that's not what happened at all. Hill stayed because of money. We payed him money.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 18, 2016, 04:12:57 PM »
frank just couldn't recruit point guards.  we had nobody to carry the torch from Pullen/Clemente to Angel.  Hence Sprads.   

other than coaching three of the best pgs in school history during his five years at kstate, he couldn't recruit pgs.
Angel is so overrated. Sorry, but he was up and down with us. I know he's a very likable player, but he was very inconsistent.

Did you forget that Angel was a true freshman point guard when he played for Frank?
No, I just feel like Nigel was comparable his sophomore year. I liked Angel, but I remember being frustrated with him a lot. I was impressed with Stokes this year too.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 18, 2016, 04:13:35 PM »
and to go back to the delonte hill comment who hired delonte? i mean frank put multiple players in the pros our only player with a shot to go pro that oscar has recruited was kicked off the team for smoking rough ridin' weed. i get you dont like frank but if you think im grasping at straws youre nuts
Huggins hired Delonte & had him stick around with Frank because he felt bad. Foster won't go pro, he's too short. Beasley- Delonte & Walker are out of the league. It's a very weird thing to brag about. If that's what you meant by multiple, is 2, 2 guys who didn't last long in the league.

that's not what happened at all. Hill stayed because of money. We payed him money.
Well yeah, that happened too.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 18, 2016, 04:25:10 PM »
Rodney had better style than Angel.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 18, 2016, 04:53:09 PM »

No, I just feel like Nigel was comparable his sophomore year. I liked Angel, but I remember being frustrated with him a lot. I was impressed with Stokes this year too.
Wut

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 18, 2016, 06:33:30 PM »

Delonte420k has been forgotten.  Currie has erased everything.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 18, 2016, 07:41:28 PM »
anyone discounting the players oscar has brought in is doing it wrong
this team has some freshman playing a lot of minutes and contributing, the frank vs oscar recruiting battle being played out is dumbstick bbs'n imo

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 18, 2016, 07:55:30 PM »

so frank recruited pullen, denis and angel but he couldn't recruit point guards and angel and nigel were comparable players at kstate?

i mean i've read some dumbfucks post some dumbfuck posts, but in terms of back to back dumbfuckery, you two dumbfucks take the dumbfuck cake or whatever saying fits here. dumbfucks being the keyword.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 18, 2016, 07:58:26 PM »
The more I read this thread the more I think Rodney is the most underrated player in K-State history. He carried two different coaches to great things.

Rodney won't get the nostalgia years from now that guys like Pullen will, that's true, but I do feel like people valued McGruder a lot while he was here. People knew he was the reason we were so successful. Underrated historically? Very. Most underrated? Possibly, certainly could make the case for that, but if we're talking super underrated I'll always have a soft spot for David Hoskins.  :blush:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 08:07:06 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 18, 2016, 08:01:09 PM »
To be fair, Frank use to have HS point guard factory. But those day seem to be over. JJ Barea is franks best point guard land, imo.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 18, 2016, 08:06:36 PM »
To be fair, Frank use to have HS point guard factory. But those day seem to be over. JJ Barea is franks best point guard land, imo.

great point, dumbfuck.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 18, 2016, 08:09:20 PM »
What if we fired Currie and hired frank back?  Is that too crazy to work?  I mean he can't be happy at that tier 3 school in a shitty basketball league.  'Te can come back too.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 18, 2016, 08:23:48 PM »
What if we fired Currie and hired frank back?  Is that too crazy to work?  I mean he can't be happy at that tier 3 school in a shitty basketball league.  'Te can come back too.

i thought the master plan was for Underwood to be the head coach with Frank as the assistant.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 18, 2016, 08:28:06 PM »
and its meyers not miles

meh, wasnt meaning for it to come off that way. just trying to prove my point

never miss an opportunity to make a thinly veiled Happy Gilmore joke.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 18, 2016, 08:34:09 PM »
Rowdy is being mean. :frown:

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 18, 2016, 08:34:59 PM »
The more I read this thread the more I think Rodney is the most underrated player in K-State history. He carried two different coaches to great things.

Rodney won't get the nostalgia years from now that guys like Pullen will, that's true, but I do feel like people valued McGruder a lot while he was here. People knew he was the reason we were so successful. Underrated historically? Very. Most underrated? Possibly, certainly could make the case for that, but if we're talking super underrated I'll always have a soft spot for David Hoskins.  :blush:

Loved to watch Rod play. One of my alltime favorites. Good guy too. Ran into him and Wally J in Aggieville last June and visited with them for 15 min. Seemed like good dudes.
"He's in Shape !"