Author Topic: Favorite conspiracy theory  (Read 65077 times)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite conspiracy theory
« Reply #525 on: December 17, 2022, 12:19:25 PM »
Found this chick when perusing the wormhole ... whoa. On Twitter for just four days, must have been banned previously. Will probably get banned again for going after Elon.

https://twitter.com/LadyLibertyLib

How in the eff do you find crap like this, nic?

I've always been interested in the strange/mysterious. Also have a lot of time on my hands lately.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline husserl

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: December 17, 2022, 11:18:58 PM »
Ditto, nicname, but at first blush that stuff is pretty indecipherable for me.

Not sure whether your idea of entertaining is laughing at or laughing with but some husserl conspiracy recommendos for bros with time on their hands...

Books, fictionish - Pynchon.

Books, nonfictionish - Aberration in the Heartland of the Real, Programmed to Kill, Chaos, Devil's Chessboard, Jakarta Method

Podcasts - Death is Just Around the Corner, Subliminal Jihad, Programmed to Chill, Return of the Repressed

Movies - JFK Revisited

Twitter - crypto cuttlefish

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 18, 2022, 01:08:56 PM »
I just don't understand getting deep in conspiracy theories. If you believe them and think they're true, what's the upside? Wouldn't believing these things just lead to more stress and anxiety?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: December 18, 2022, 01:20:35 PM »
I know this steak doesn't exist. I know that when I put it in my mouth, the Matrix is telling my brain that it is juicy and delicious. After nine years, you know what I realize? Ignorance is bliss.

MIR, probably.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 18, 2022, 02:24:07 PM »
432hz vs 440hz sound wave frequencies.

The great 440 Hz conspiracy, and why all of our music is wrong: Alan Cross
If you look down the right paths, it becomes clear that governments and various security apparatuses have used music to control us using music. All the music of the West that’s based on the standard 12-tone scale is used for the management of crowds as well as thought control.

Adherents to this theory claim that a more “natural” frequency for middle “A” is 438 Hz. Others believe that the correct middle “A” is 432 Hz (also known as Verdi’s A) because it has “a pure tone of math fundamental to nature” and is “mathematically consistent with the patterns of the universe, vibrating with Phi, the Golden Ratio. They point to how this pitch can be connected to everything from nautilus shells to the works of the ancients, including the construction of the Great Pyramid.

Here’s where the conspiracy comes in. There is allegedly something sinister and evil about 440 Hz. It is said that the Rockefeller Foundation had an interest in making sure the United States adopted the 440 Hz standard in 1935 as part of a “war on consciousness” leading to “musical cult control.”

Without going too far down this rat hole, this theory says that tuning all music to 440 Hz turns it into a military weapon.

Cross has also been told that the different effects these frequencies have on our chakras. Songs tuned to 440 Hz work on the third eye chakra (the “thinking”) while 432 Hz stimulates the heart chakra (the “feeling”). Therefore, 432 Hz music increases the spiritual development of the listener. It may even have healing properties.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4194106/440-hz-conspiracy-music/

National Library of Medicine Study

The data suggests that 432 Hz tuned music can decrease heart rate more than 440 Hz tuned music. The study results suggest repeating the experiment with a larger sample pool and introducing randomized controlled trials covering more clinical parameters.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31031095/

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: December 18, 2022, 02:30:06 PM »

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Favorite conspiracy theory
« Reply #531 on: December 18, 2022, 02:33:41 PM »
I just don't understand getting deep in conspiracy theories. If you believe them and think they're true, what's the upside? Wouldn't believing these things just lead to more stress and anxiety?
I think it touches on one of the most fundamental problems that humans have to grapple with: lack of control over their circumstances.

A lot of people are more comfortable believing that there is some highly organized cabal plotting against them than acknowledging that sometimes things just suck despite our best efforts. So in a way I think it’s actually an anxiety coping mechanism.

And FWIW, I think conspiracy theories are just one of the more extreme examples. Superstition is basically at the other end of the spectrum. We’d happily blame ourselves for making the Cats lose by wearing the wrong shirt because it makes us feel like we have an ounce of control over whether they win or lose.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 18, 2022, 02:58:06 PM »
Music/sound's relationship to the golden ratio without alluding to any conspiracy

https://www.goldennumber.net/music/ <--- linked story includes easily to digest illustrations and tables.

The Fibonacci series appears in the foundation of aspects of art, beauty and life. Even music has a foundation in the series, as:

There are 13 notes in the span of any note through its octave.
    A scale is composed of 8 notes, of which the
    5th and 3rd notes create the basic foundation of all chords, and
    are based on a tone which are combination of 2 steps and 1 step from the root tone, that is the 1st note of the scale.

Note too how the piano keyboard scale of C to C above of 13 keys has 8 white keys and 5 black keys, split into groups of 3 and 2.While some might “note” that there are only 12 “notes” in the scale, if you don’t have a root and octave, a start and an end, you have no means of calculating the gradations in between, so this 13th note as the octave is essential to computing the frequencies of the other notes.  The word “octave” comes from the Latin word for 8, referring to the eight tones of the complete musical scale, which in the key of C are C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C.

In a scale, the dominant note is the 5th note of the major scale, which is also the 8th note of all 13 notes that comprise the octave.  This provides an added instance of Fibonacci numbers in key musical relationships.  Interestingly, 8/13 is .61538, which approximates phi.  What’s more, the typical three chord song in the key of A is made up of A, its Fibonacci & phi partner E, and D, to which A bears the same relationship as E does to A. This is analogous to the “A is to B as B is to C” basis for the golden section, or in this case “D is to A as A is to E.”

Here’s another view of the Fibonacci relationship presented by Gerben Schwab in his YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbEarwdusc&feature=youtu.be

First, number the 8 notes of the octave scale. Next, number the 13 notes of the chromatic scale. The Fibonacci numbers, in red on both scales, fall on the same keys in both methods (C, D, E, G and C). This creates the Fibonacci ratios of 1:1, 2:3, 3:5, 5:8 and 8:13:

Mathematics is a game of rules. Follow the rules and you can't lose.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 03:10:22 PM by nicname »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 18, 2022, 03:04:13 PM »
I don't even know where to begin, as a former music instructor. So I'll just assume you're engaging in mindless entertainment and Let It Be.  :thumbs:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 18, 2022, 03:16:47 PM »
I don't even know where to begin, as a former music instructor. So I'll just assume you're engaging in mindless entertainment and Let It Be.  :thumbs:

Begin where you like. I won't be insulted. I know little about most things, including music.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #535 on: December 18, 2022, 03:23:25 PM »

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #536 on: December 18, 2022, 03:26:23 PM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 18, 2022, 03:32:44 PM »
Music/sound's relationship to the golden ratio without alluding to any conspiracy

https://www.goldennumber.net/music/ <--- linked story includes easily to digest illustrations and tables.

The Fibonacci series appears in the foundation of aspects of art, beauty and life. Even music has a foundation in the series, as:

There are 13 notes in the span of any note through its octave. I mean, no. It's 12. The 13th would be where the next octave starts.
    A scale is composed of 8 notes, LOLOLOL not all of them. Looks like somebody has never heard of the pentatonic scale, chromatic scale, blues scale, and/or never made it past Theory I. of which the
    5th and 3rd notes create the basic foundation of all chords comically incorrect, and
    are based on a tone which are combination of 2 steps and 1 step from the root tone roflmao, what?, that is the 1st note of the scale.

Note too how the piano keyboard scale of C to C above of 13 keys has 8 white keys and 5 black keys , split into groups of 3 and 2.While some might “note” that there are only 12 “notes” in the scale wait, I thought a scale was composed of 8 notes?, if you don’t have a root and octave, a start and an end, you have no means of calculating the gradations in between of course you do, so this 13th note as the octave is essential to computing the frequencies of the other notes no. The word “octave” comes from the Latin word for 8, referring to the eight tones of the complete musical scale, which in the key of C are C-D-E-F-G-A-B-C.

In a scale, the dominant note is the 5th note of the major scale, which is also the 8th note of all 13 notes that comprise the octave.  This provides an added instance of Fibonacci numbers in key musical relationships.  Interestingly, 8/13 is .61538, which approximates phi.  What’s more, the typical three chord song in the key of A is made up of A, its Fibonacci & phi partner E, and D, to which A bears the same relationship as E does to A oh baby this is getting so good  :ksu:. This is analogous to the “A is to B as B is to C” basis for the golden section nope, or in this case “D is to A as A is to E. double nope

Here’s another view of the Fibonacci relationship presented by Gerben Schwab in his YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pbEarwdusc&feature=youtu.be

First, number the 8 notes of the octave scale. Next, number the 13 notes of the chromatic scale. The Fibonacci numbers, in red on both scales, fall on the same keys in both methods (C, D, E, G and C). This creates the Fibonacci ratios of 1:1, 2:3, 3:5, 5:8 and 8:13:

Mathematics is a game of rules. Follow the rules and you can't lose.

"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: December 18, 2022, 03:35:01 PM »
oh crap sorry nicname, I thought you were copy-pasting from some insane conspiracy theory page. Went into brutal conspiracy theory takedown mode and didn't realize I was dealing with an IRL gE legend. Buds? :cheers:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: December 18, 2022, 03:43:16 PM »
oh crap sorry nicname, I thought you were copy-pasting from some insane conspiracy theory page. Went into brutal conspiracy theory takedown mode and didn't realize I was dealing with an IRL gE legend. Buds? :cheers:

No offense taken.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #540 on: December 18, 2022, 03:56:55 PM »
46 and 2 is about the fibonacci sequence  :th_twocents:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 18, 2022, 04:17:52 PM »
46 and 2 is about the fibonacci sequence  :th_twocents:

Yes! Maybe my favorite tool song of them all, along w/ The Pot, The Grudge, Aenima, Eulogy. There is a reason their music resonates the way it does. Their use of patterns is otherworldly.

"Overthinking, overanalyzing, leaving opportunities behind ..." story of my life.

Lateralus (song) too. It was originally going to be named 987
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateralus_(song)

I love this video of The Pot. "Reactions" are a guilty pleasure of mine.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 19, 2022, 10:59:57 AM »
the dearth of information on this topic speaks volumes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_(goose)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 26, 2022, 11:52:36 PM »
#1 for me is easily the modern flat earth theory. I'm so fascinated by it

OP bump. Lib is so right. Ancient Civilizations is also great, and they’re coming out with a new Ancient Civ 4 doc

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 11, 2023, 11:32:46 AM »
Went to a debate between a young earther and a normal person at Kstate my freshman year for a class (freshman seminar?) at Mccain auditorium.  It was nuts.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 11, 2023, 01:35:23 PM »
Went to a debate between a young earther and a normal person at Kstate my freshman year for a class (freshman seminar?) at Mccain auditorium.  It was nuts.

what year would this have been, and what were take aways?

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 11, 2023, 02:26:06 PM »

Fall of 2000 probably.  Guy just didn't believe in Carbon dating, bible is the word/historical fact etc.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 12, 2023, 01:50:25 PM »

Fall of 2000 probably.  Guy just didn't believe in Carbon dating, bible is the word/historical fact etc.

The young Earth thing was very common in Evangelical world in the 80s/90s and still is to some extent. I remember someone coming to my Sunday School Class claiming Dinosaurs didn't actually go extinct!

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 12, 2023, 01:51:37 PM »
There's one I found out about this week that Special Forces killed a real life Giant in Afghanistan in 2002. I like it a lot!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 12, 2023, 02:25:41 PM »
There's one I found out about this week that Special Forces killed a real life Giant in Afghanistan in 2002. I like it a lot!
This is the good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk