Author Topic: Let's talk about this-- Miracle in Manhattan HOF discussion  (Read 9355 times)

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk about this-- Miracle in Manhattan HOF discussion
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2015, 12:46:45 PM »
bad mistake here (putting KU logo on the box for our 41-7 blowout of 95 Nebraska)

Nvm. I'm a moron.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2015, 01:08:26 PM »
If we're staying true to the safety positions and selecting a FS and SS, the SS should be Jarrod Cooper.

Brooks Barta had approx 2,000 tackles so I'm fine with him on there. It's apparent that 4 year players are valued much more than 2 year players, which I agree with.

Having '12 Texas instead of '12 OU is dumb. I'd also put '03 OU #1 and '98 Nub #2, but that's splitting hairs a bit.

'11 Miami was a bigger deal than '11 Baylor. It set the tone for the '11 and '12 seasons. Some of you *cough*CF3*cough* need to stop putting RG3 on a pedestal.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2015, 01:12:36 PM »
I mean, this seems like a pretty good list compared to this: http://www.kstatesports.com/page/footballtradition-aa

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2015, 01:35:51 PM »
Love Coop but he was crazy overrated and benefited from the fact that no one in the big 12 threw the ball back then

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2015, 01:38:28 PM »
Love Coop but he was crazy overrated and benefited from the fact that no one in the big 12 threw the ball back then

Well except for OU, which destroyed him.

catzacker

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2015, 01:41:15 PM »
I can't argue with much of that at all.  They did a good job.

I completely agree with that 1998 NU win being the biggest win.  There is no doubt in my mind.  I wept for joy and pride at that game, and every person around me did the same.  I have never, ever, experienced anything like that at a sporting event before or after.  I'll remember that for the rest of my days.

I enjoyed that game because of not only the game, but the entire season and week leading up to it.  The entire season was geared towards beating NU - we dngaf about basically anyone else.

UT game that year was huge

kind of. there was some hype for it. but we punished Ricky. everything else that year was a sidebar to NU.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2015, 01:42:17 PM »

Well except for OU, which destroyed him.

He was so lost when he couldn't just run with his head down into gaps or big slow receivers running shallow crossing routes. It was sad

Offline TheProdigiousTalent

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2015, 01:53:25 PM »
I honestly thought the pleats in Snyder's khakis in the background image were imperfections in your newspaper reading surface.  Was prepared to recommend new newspaper reception/storage method.  Now that I've got that straightened out, will try to judge the rest on its merits.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2015, 02:05:27 PM »
The real argument would be kickoff and punt returner.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2015, 02:07:21 PM »
The real argument would be kickoff and punt returner.

Yeah, wow. This could cause a fist fight just discussing the last two seasons.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2015, 02:19:05 PM »
He was far from perfect, but he was our best SS. That was the point I was trying to make.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2015, 02:40:39 PM »
I can't argue with much of that at all.  They did a good job.

I completely agree with that 1998 NU win being the biggest win.  There is no doubt in my mind.  I wept for joy and pride at that game, and every person around me did the same.  I have never, ever, experienced anything like that at a sporting event before or after.  I'll remember that for the rest of my days.

I enjoyed that game because of not only the game, but the entire season and week leading up to it.  The entire season was geared towards beating NU - we dngaf about basically anyone else.

i had a friend/roommate postpone his graduation from college so he could stick around for that fall season. everybody just knew we had a shot at something special/national championship/etc.

I rejected a nu guy's offer of over $100 for my student ticket.
saw an old diude crying tears of joy in the aftermath

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »
He was far from perfect, but he was our best SS. That was the point I was trying to make.

Sorry bub Ty was better. Dante was better last year than any season that Coop had

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2015, 02:51:15 PM »
I like a newspaper with no proof readers

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2015, 02:56:41 PM »

Sorry bub Ty was better. Dante was better last year than any season that Coop had
Ty was a FS, not a SS. Barnett had a very good 2014, but Cooper was all Big 12 each of his four years.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2015, 03:00:04 PM »
This is where it's hard to compare. SS in the 90s and early 00s defenses was more like another LB. SS now is more of another DB and often we play with 5 DBs. Offenses have changed so much.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2015, 03:06:51 PM »
Teams hardly even bother to classify their DB much because they all need to be able to cover.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2015, 03:53:04 PM »
I guess I'd be okay with Coop for his impact during the time when he played but he wouldn't start on this year's team.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2015, 04:06:21 PM »
If we're staying true to the safety positions and selecting a FS and SS, the SS should be Jarrod Cooper.

Brooks Barta had approx 2,000 tackles so I'm fine with him on there. It's apparent that 4 year players are valued much more than 2 year players, which I agree with.

Having '12 Texas instead of '12 OU is dumb. I'd also put '03 OU #1 and '98 Nub #2, but that's splitting hairs a bit.

'11 Miami was a bigger deal than '11 Baylor. It set the tone for the '11 and '12 seasons. Some of you *cough*CF3*cough* need to stop putting RG3 on a pedestal.

I don't care if Brooks Barfbag had a billion tackles. I had never heard of him until like noon today and I don't have to ever see him play or do anything to know that Arthur Brown was so much better at college football its not even funny.

And the Miami game was huge, but the Baylor one was bigger IMO, and I didn't just imagine RGIII being good at football. He won the heisman. Too many people struggle to seperate NFL failures from what guys did in college.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2015, 04:34:12 PM »
Rg3 lost to a lot of teams
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2015, 04:42:25 PM »

I don't care if Brooks Barfbag had a billion tackles. I had never heard of him until like noon today and I don't have to ever see him play or do anything to know that Arthur Brown was so much better at college football its not even funny.

And the Miami game was huge, but the Baylor one was bigger IMO, and I didn't just imagine RGIII being good at football. He won the heisman. Too many people struggle to seperate NFL failures from what guys did in college.
Barta has the 2nd most tackles in school history. Take it to the shame thread.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2015, 04:56:33 PM »
Too many people struggle to seperate NFL failures from what guys did in college.
Barta has the 2nd most tackles in school history. Take it to the shame thread.
[/quote]

yeah. i mean you either believe what you wrote or you don't. i personally don't have much of an opinion either way.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2015, 05:00:56 PM »
Brooks Barta was really good. I love Arthur too but it isn't like it's some egregious decision. They clearly mostly favored four year players.
emaw

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2015, 05:04:43 PM »
they should have included an all time long snapper, and it most definitely would have been Mike Wilson.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2015, 05:06:12 PM »

they should have included an all time long snapper, and it most definitely would have been Mike Wilson.

:thumbs: