Author Topic: Rank your top KC Broadcasters/Personalities here  (Read 34557 times)

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
Re: Rank your top KC Broadcasters/Personalities here
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2015, 01:28:30 PM »
610 is almost completely unbearable for me.  I only turn over when WHB goes to commercial. 

Jake Guti has settled down a fair bit over the years.  He used to frequently make jokes about homosexuals, but then they got Lezak on, so he stopped that for the most part.  He also used to really go over the top trying to troll and agitate KSU fans, but then Fescoe left and he had to work with Nate and Steven, and they typically are more accepting than other on air personalities.

Petro is a Shawnee mission east grad, and life long KU fan.  It's ridiculous when he tries to act like he is impartial.  He should just own that and stop giving a shot what people say.  He can't help his bias, clearly.

The head scratcher for me is the Friday stump the chimps thing.  There is a rabid following of that crap, which I do not get.  I hate it.  Cannot stand it.  I'd rather listen to the Smoke and Fire segment on BITB, and that thing is hot garbage too.  At least the racing boys aren't on as much.  Woof.

MVP of WHB is Steven, and everyone knows it.  EVERYONE likes him, and most love him. 

The one I really miss is John Renshaw.  I found him endearing.  Limestone and I were big fans back then.  He used to piss so many people off with his "ambiguously gay" comments.  And that theme song!!!!!  Also, the way he would take notes during the game and then read them to us, and always be like "hmmmmmm, I was really drunk last night, because I do not remember taking these notes..."   I hope he is in recovery now, seemed like a great guy with some tough problems.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2015, 01:30:11 PM »
The head scratcher for me is the Friday stump the chimps thing.  There is a rabid following of that crap, which I do not get.  I hate it.  Cannot stand it.  I'd rather listen to the Smoke and Fire segment on BITB, and that thing is hot garbage too.  At least the racing boys aren't on as much.  Woof.

Csourk is pretty regular about calling in to Stump the Chumps.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2015, 01:35:09 PM »

Csourk is pretty regular about calling in to Stump the Chumps.

He must love Cajun food.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2015, 01:43:07 PM »
I did not know this.  :surprised:

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2015, 01:50:02 PM »
Renshaw was the GOAT.

I once saw him at the falloon bite a baby's leg. he was wasted. the mom freaked out. he was in L'ville for years after KC.
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2015, 02:18:05 PM »
This is going to sound lame-o, but I had no idea how shitty KC sports radio was until I moved away.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 03, 2015, 02:32:46 PM »
Renshaw was the GOAT.

I once saw him at the falloon bite a baby's leg. he was wasted. the mom freaked out. he was in L'ville for years after KC.

I did like 5 consecutive shots with him at O'Dowds once.  He went from a 1 to a 9 really fast

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 03, 2015, 04:30:25 PM »
This is going to sound lame-o, but I had no idea how shitty KC sports radio was until I moved away.

You had to have an inkling even before.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2015, 05:02:10 PM »

I didn't really listen to sports talk radio until i lived in MHK. 

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 03, 2015, 06:33:37 PM »

I've listened all over the country, and it's far better than any city I have listened in.  My criteria for this is how well they cover their local teams. 

However, most cities just run the big national network shows and don't even have fully dedicated local programming. It's just finebaum or cowherd or mike and Mike or whatever.   Or non stop sports gambling "wise guys," lots of places have that.

To each his own.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 03, 2015, 06:47:09 PM »

I've listened all over the country, and it's far better than any city I have listened in.  My criteria for this is how well they cover their local teams. 

However, most cities just run the big national network shows and don't even have fully dedicated local programming. It's just finebaum or cowherd or mike and Mike or whatever.   Or non stop sports gambling "wise guys," lots of places have that.

To each his own.

It all sucks.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 03, 2015, 06:47:42 PM »
podcast kornheiser.  love him.  podcast baseball prospectus with sam miller and ben lindbergh.  love them too, but will prolly stop listening when the royals fade.  will podcast petro for good guests, but that's about it.  not a big ssj fan, has to be a super good guest or a subject i'm extremely interested in for me to cast one of his segs.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2015, 06:48:36 PM »

To each his own.

It all sucks.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2015, 06:54:22 PM »

To each his own.

It all sucks.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2015, 11:08:11 PM »
Does the border patrol still do listen or lose on Friday? I loved listening to that when I lived in Wichita.

Whitlock to this day still had the best show in KC.

Anyone remember when Kietzman was simulcast in Wichita?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2015, 04:42:27 PM »
Can anyone outside of Syracuse fans name their starting five?   I doubt many of their own fans can.
he's a syracuse grad and fan.  he's a sports guru.  he pays his mortgage and feeds his children based upon his legendary sports mind.

he also has a vote in the AP poll

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2015, 04:45:23 PM »
he really ranted my face off this afternoon defending his rankings and how much homework he does to get them right, his method of ranking teams, and why his rankings are better than others.  it was pretty pathetic for even him.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 19, 2015, 01:04:12 PM »
Clinkscale is #1 and no one is even close.

https://twitter.com/dcwhb/status/678282809383915520

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 19, 2015, 01:09:43 PM »
Please clinky, don't hurt 'em
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 19, 2015, 02:03:24 PM »
Carpenter sounds like what a guy playing a sports talk radio host on a tv show or movie would sound like.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2016, 04:35:52 PM »
Love the lazlo/slimfast show, they can play off each other perfectly.  However it gets pretty annoying when they get on their political tangents and just wont let it go.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2016, 09:17:22 PM »

Love the lazlo/slimfast show, they can play off each other perfectly.  However it gets pretty annoying when they get on their political tangents and just wont let it go.

What the eff are you talking about?

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2016, 10:36:45 AM »
Sounds like Johnny Dare's contract expires in May and they are playing hardball.    With the ratings he gets surely they won't be dumb enough to let him walk.