Author Topic: We Like Ike?  (Read 4646 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
We Like Ike?
« on: November 12, 2015, 02:45:38 AM »
Nope, eff that guy.

Operation Wetback huh :flush: Texas can have that piece of crap back. It's too bad that all mentions of that racist pig can't be scrubbed from my state. Never went to his dumbass library, never will.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: We Like Ike?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 06:55:32 AM »
I think it's funny that this happened, what, 60 years ago? And you're just now hearing about it and getting upset. Is there a magazine this stuff comes in? Racial Grievance Monger Monthly?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 06:58:20 AM »
I think it's funny that this happened, what, 60 years ago? And you're just now hearing about it and getting upset. Is there a magazine this stuff comes in? Racial Grievance Monger Monthly?

ksuw post.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 07:06:49 AM »
So enforcing a law makes a President a racist? What happens if the next President uses executive orders to pursue an agenda against minorities?  Bad laws need to changed by the means designed by our laws.  The rule of law is the foundation for a republic.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 07:26:04 AM »

Or maybe a republican candidate for president brought it up and then people fact checked it
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 07:28:14 AM »
Did you guys know that LBJ used to call black people "negros" in public and the other n-word in private? I mean, eff that guy too, amiright?

Has the K-State President convened any dialogues or sent any emails about these issues or confessing his white privilege? If not, it's clearly time for him to go. Who's up for a hunger strike?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 07:31:16 AM »

Or maybe a republican candidate for president brought it up and then people fact checked it

It was still news to MIR. Anybody else not know about this?

Not to worry, President Trump's operation will have a much less racist name. Actually all of his ops will be Freedom, Eagle, Winning, or eff Yeah.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 07:32:15 AM »
No, I was unaware of operation wetback

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 07:34:38 AM »
Radio lab did a pretty good cast on it a while back.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 07:42:12 AM »
this thing aside he was a pretty shitty president anyway

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 07:58:10 AM »
this thing aside he was a pretty shitty president anyway

hawaii and alaska.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 07:59:27 AM »
I can overlook a lot with the interstate system

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 08:11:03 AM »
Seems as though the Mexican government of the day was very much in favor of the operation. 

Now they want as many people up here and out of the way and/or setting up the networks for the gangs that run the country as they can get.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 08:31:12 AM »
I actually just read a book about Ike so this is timely.

Using the CIA to overthrow the democratically elected governments in Guatemala and Iran were probably worse than Operation Wetback. Guatemala was especially disgusting as it was heavily lobbied by United Fruit, who was going to lose a lot of money if the government wasn't overthrown, and it just so happened that they were in the pocket of tons of people in the White House - I mean John Foster Dulles was literally on their payroll when the operation went down. It also led to an explosion in CIA responsibilities and power, and we're still seeing the effects of the Iran overthrow today.

However, he didn't drop atomic bombs on Korea or China or Vietnam like a lot of people wanted to, and he ended the Korean war and kept us out of subsequent wars. When Britain, France, and Israel decided they would take over the Suez canal, he got then to back down by threatening to leverage US banks to devalue the British pound, which was already weak at the time. He sent federal troops to protect the Little Rock 9, desegregated the army, and appointed progressive federal judges that sped up desegregation in the south. He also actually curtailed military spending that was being clamored for, balanced the budget, and presided over a strong economy.

I don't think he chose his cabinet very well and relied too much on them. At times he let things he wanted to happen passively (not entirely unlike Obama) when he could (or should) have been more firm. Overall I'd say he was a pretty good president, though.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 08:36:48 AM »
It sounds like the monument they want to build for him in DC is a complete trainwreck, though. Why isn't a statue sufficient anymore?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 08:42:04 AM »
Also, Ike had an incredibly lucky military career and was pretty bad at strategy. But he was really good at the complicated political stuff that arises with multi national forces.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2015, 08:52:32 AM »
military industrial complex speech was pretty cool.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2015, 09:13:52 AM »
He was bald headed and married to a homely gal.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2015, 09:14:09 AM »
he replaced the democratically elected prime minister and parliamentary system of iran with a monarch and everyone's still feeling the repercussions of it. he put troops in southern vietnam which eventually led to a pretty shitty war. he also added "under god" to the pledge of allegiance ending two centuries of the separation of church and state. you could argue he handed eastern europe to stalin leading to the murder of millions of people but I don't think he probably had a choice there. rusty's book does note some good stuff he did though, maybe he wasn't as shitty as I've always thought.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2015, 09:14:28 AM »

haha

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2015, 09:14:33 AM »
He cheated on her with a saucy Brit, too!

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2015, 09:15:44 AM »
Ike was an incredible president. Anyone arguing otherwise completely lacks perspective and is a stupid idiot.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2015, 09:17:46 AM »
Didn't Ike do the interstate?  I mean, that is pretty great.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2015, 09:18:58 AM »

he replaced the democratically elected prime minister and parliamentary system of iran with a monarch and everyone's still feeling the repercussions of it. he put troops in southern vietnam which eventually led to a pretty shitty war. he also added "under god" to the pledge of allegiance ending two centuries of the separation of church and state. you could argue he handed eastern europe to stalin leading to the murder of millions of people but I don't think he probably had a choice there. rusty's book does note some good stuff he did though, maybe he wasn't as shitty as I've always thought.

What president since WWII hasn't done similar (or worse) crap? I don't know much about Carter's presidency, so maybe him?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2015, 09:25:40 AM »
He opposed dropping the atomic bomb on Japan, (even though he lost that argument).

He also had some great one-liners. example: on Joseph McCarthy: "I won't get into a pissing contest with that skunk"