Author Topic: We Like Ike?  (Read 4705 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: We Like Ike?
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2015, 12:35:05 PM »
Just going by the theme of the original post . . . you guys have short memories I guess.

most of us stated that he did some decent things as president. short memory, i guess.

I'm not defending Ike.  Apparently you're having trouble applying the theme of the original posts across all the presidencies, particularly those in the same political context of IKE in WWII/Post WWII America.

i'm actually not, you're just being neurotic. take a few breaths.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2015, 12:36:02 PM »
Just going by the theme of the original post . . . you guys have short memories I guess.

most of us stated that he did some decent things as president. short memory, i guess.

I'm not defending Ike.  Apparently you're having trouble applying the theme of the original posts across all the presidencies, particularly those in the same political context of IKE in WWII/Post WWII America.

Actually it's quite a fun exercise, I'm perfectly relaxed.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2015, 12:36:37 PM »

Actually it's quite a fun exercise, I'm perfectly relaxed.

calmer than you are, dude.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2015, 12:37:24 PM »
Probably not.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2015, 12:39:20 PM »
We'd be lucky to have Ike as president now.
@lopakman

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2015, 12:49:03 PM »
I know mir doesn't troll, but man, what a great non-intentional troll
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2015, 01:00:47 PM »
I know mir doesn't troll, but man, what a great non-intentional troll

Yeah, cRusty fell right in.   Sad

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2015, 01:01:35 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2015, 01:28:52 PM »
I think it's a requirement that to be considered a good president one would have had to piss off a decent amount of people. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2015, 03:40:11 PM »
For the record since dax once again refuses to acknowledge any issues of race at all and more often than not changes the narrative or simply lies; the word wetback was a pejorative for 30 years before Eisenhower used the name to describe a government operation. Saying the context is different in 2015 may be true, but it doesn't change the horror of what he did and what he called it.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2015, 03:48:01 PM »
My wife is from Abilene.  Ike's hometown if you didn't know.  She loves him, as all Abileners do.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2015, 03:53:50 PM »
For the record since dax once again refuses to acknowledge any issues of race at all and more often than not changes the narrative or simply lies; the word wetback was a pejorative for 30 years before Eisenhower used the name to describe a government operation. Saying the context is different in 2015 may be true, but it doesn't change the horror of what he did and what he called it.

You must suffer from an inability to comprehend what I post.  For example, in this thread I said that FDR and Ike's brother undertook a campaign and carried forward one of the greatest series of racist events in United States History.   I also called FDR, what he rightfully was . . . a racist.   That's just one example. 

In addition, in the other thread, I have affirmed there were issues on the MU campus countless times.  Every single time (for example) I ask if the Office of Equity or the Chancellors Office of Diversity was taking on or addressing the issues . . . I was affirming the issues.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2015, 03:57:18 PM »

You must suffer from an inability to comprehend what I post.  For example, in this thread I said that FDR and Ike's brother undertook a campaign and carried forward one of the greatest series of racist events in United States History.   I also called FDR, what he rightfully was . . . a racist.   That's just one example. 

are you sure you posted that in this thread?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2015, 03:57:34 PM »
like, I think dax may have Alzheimer's

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2015, 04:04:33 PM »

are you sure you posted that in this thread?

Yes, albeit I made a mistake of not clarifying that I meant Ike's brother Milton and FDR, whereas I accidentally implied it was both Eisenhower brothers.  I also clearly called FDR a racist.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2015, 04:05:33 PM »
Dax, are you upset people are saying both positive and negative things about Ike because he was a Kansan or a republican?

Neither . . . but when the litmus test is a specific operation that had racial overtones being viewed through the prism of 2015 culture, then logic and history dictates that the same scorn and ridicule is applicable to every presidential administration in the post WWII era (and easily before, but that's obvious).

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2015, 04:06:40 PM »
Dax, are you upset people are saying both positive and negative things about Ike because he was a Kansan or a republican?

Neither . . . but when the litmus test is a specific operation that had racial overtones being viewed through the prism of 2015 culture, then logic and history dictates that the same scorn and ridicule is applicable to every presidential administration in the post WWII era (and easily before, but that's obvious).

That's absolutely true, I don't get why you had to repost that. 

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2015, 04:08:27 PM »
My wife is from Abilene.  Ike's hometown if you didn't know.  She loves him, as all Abileners do.

:cheers:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2015, 04:08:50 PM »
Your point about Milton was rough ridin' stupid. Also stop talking about FDR, we're talking about a president that called Mexicans wetbacks, FDR wasn't on record doing that.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2015, 04:13:05 PM »
Your point about Milton was rough ridin' stupid. Also stop talking about FDR, we're talking about a president that called Mexicans wetbacks, FDR wasn't on record doing that.
I think the actual operation was far more deplorable than the use of the term "wetback".

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2015, 04:13:55 PM »

Then you need to re-read history, Milton Eisenhower ran the government Japanese internment program and was the chief implementer of the War Relocation Act. 

The man literally went on camera in Goebbels like fashion and said that Japanese American's happily and willingly went along with being uprooted from their homes and businesses. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2015, 04:14:49 PM »
I think the actual operation was far more deplorable than the use of the term "wetback".

Absolutely

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2015, 04:16:29 PM »
Also, how crazy is it that Trump basically endorsed this program, today.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2015, 04:19:13 PM »

Then you need to re-read history, Milton Eisenhower ran the government Japanese internment program and was the chief implementer of the War Relocation Act. 

The man literally went on camera in Goebbels like fashion and said that Japanese American's happily and willingly went along with being uprooted from their homes and businesses.

So? What the eff does that have to do with Operation Wetback? Thomas Jefferson raped slaves. So. rough ridin'. What?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2015, 04:19:29 PM »
That's pretty amazing mc, it's 2015!