Author Topic: The Death of Free Speech: Uber PC'ism-A further look  (Read 138832 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: The Death of Free Speech: Uber PC'ism-A further look
« Reply #725 on: June 06, 2018, 05:01:09 PM »
I don't think it's fair to say Coates is inciting hatred against white people.

i don't either.

Also is this guy claiming Jewish people aren't treated differently based on their history of persecution? Really?

i don't think he was claiming that, but i can understand how someone could read it that way.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 06, 2018, 05:07:26 PM »

No?

"'White America' is a syndicate arrayed to protect its exclusive power to dominate and control our bodies.  Sometimes this power is direct (lynching), and sometimes it is insidious (redlining)"

Even without context that's pretty far from "inciting hate" IMO. Maybe it's one of those "microaggression" things that I'm not picking up on.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 06, 2018, 05:42:53 PM »

No?

"'White America' is a syndicate arrayed to protect its exclusive power to dominate and control our bodies.  Sometimes this power is direct (lynching), and sometimes it is insidious (redlining)"

Even without context that's pretty far from "inciting hate" IMO. Maybe it's one of those "microaggression" things that I'm not picking up on.
Fair enough.  I guess we view it differently.  I'm not sure how his statement (accepted as true) could engender any response other than a hatred for "White America," but we're probably moving into a boring game of semantics involving what "inciting hate" means.

Regardless, I thought the article was great.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 05:49:19 PM by Dlew12 »

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #728 on: June 06, 2018, 05:58:01 PM »
Looks like the IDW keeps on growing.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 06, 2018, 06:26:36 PM »

No?

Fair enough.  I guess we view it differently.  I'm not sure how his statement (accepted as true) could engender any response other than a hatred for "White America," but we're probably moving into a boring game of semantics involving what "inciting hate" means.

Regardless, I thought the article was great.

OK

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 06, 2018, 10:05:23 PM »
Lots of interest in examining the racial biases of people of color while also just asking some interesting and provocative questions about phrenology. But talking about white racism is inciting hatred.

Pretty weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 06, 2018, 11:19:33 PM »
Who are you talking to/about, KK? 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 06, 2018, 11:38:00 PM »

i assume to you.  but i should leave it to him to explain his lazy and dishonest argument.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: June 07, 2018, 05:19:48 AM »

a lot of people

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 07, 2018, 08:31:02 AM »
I must have missed the phrenology discussion.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #735 on: June 07, 2018, 08:53:45 AM »
Comments here are a most interesting insight into the IDW/alt-right mind:

https://quillette.com/2018/03/15/alt-right-gets-wrong-jews/

(and one could say about Quillette's target audience as well, but that might not be fair)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 07, 2018, 09:53:11 AM »
yeah the comments are pretty interesting. quillette definitely gives off a "for racists who think they're intellectuals" vibe.

It is true that Hughes will be a hated pariah in academia, should he choose to pursue that path.

But, it is also true that he could be a phenomenally successful public intellectual anyway, if success is measured as one’s positive impact ameliorating the toxic social pathologies described in the article.

We are in a cultural moment. Kanye, Candace Owens et al have broken the spell of racial demagoguery for potentially millions of people, including uncounted numbers of black Americans, leaving their audience’s third eyes wincing in the blaze of a heretofore unseen sun. With his shockingly clear and humanistic reasoning style, Hughes could be the clean-up artist who pries those third eyes open for good.

Who would you rather be—a truth-teller who helps liberate a people, or a narcissistic half-wit in an endless ocean of narcissistic half-wits, eating rubber chicken at this week’s cookie-cutter academic conference on Marxist race theory?

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 07, 2018, 10:11:23 AM »

a lot of people

dlew and i are pretty much the only ones you could possibly be referencing (in this thread, recently).

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 07, 2018, 10:13:30 AM »
(and one could say about Quillette's target audience as well, but that might not be fair)

i think it's probably fair to say that quillette is targeted directly at the people that flood peterson's patreon account.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 07, 2018, 10:15:21 AM »
10 years ago I read an article by Dennis Prager that made me weep. Until that article, I did not think a Jewish person could say non leftist things. Now, mind you, my brother is married to a lovely Jewish lady and she is wonderful, caring, and voted for Jill Stein. Before that she is proud to tell me she voted for Ralph Nader. But I digress. When I read that article, a wave of relief went over me. Alas, there was a Jewish mind that was not just like me but superior to me in that it lifted and elevated my own thoughts.

Reading this, I want to hug Mr. Hughes. I want to tell him so many things. I want to celebrate his intellect and courage.

Thank for clear thinking and not buzz words or cliques or buying into victimhood. I read the article by Ekow N. Yankah and I thought the reverse, that a white person can never be a true friend with a black person because they will always loath us, they will always or eventually fall back on blaming us for whatever happens in their lives, and they will always be victims first and people last.

Now I see why I have a different and real relationships with my black conservative friends. Because they aren’t black first and never victims.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 07, 2018, 10:23:56 AM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 07, 2018, 10:45:35 AM »
speaking of phrenology - https://quillette.com/2018/05/24/cant-woman-like-man/
Women are, on average, inferior to men physically and mentally. Should we discriminate against females? Maybe not on an individual level, but on a societal level females should absolutely be discouraged from wasting their energies on higher education and careers. They have nothing really to contribute in that realm that couldn’t be done better by a man.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 07, 2018, 10:51:30 AM »
I mean I'd be pretty comfortable taking the opposite stance of quillette commenters 100% of the time, regardless of what the article was trying to convey or how its arguments were presented. I just wouldn't want to associate myself with those folks in any way.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #743 on: June 07, 2018, 11:00:19 AM »
You just haven't been properly red-pilled yet.  Just not ready for the Dark Enlightenment yet.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 07, 2018, 11:02:18 AM »
you guys are sure beating the crap out of those anonymous commenters to an article on the internet

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 07, 2018, 11:52:13 AM »

The cost of BLM has been a subject of interest to me for about a year and a half. My interest in the gun control issue is what first led me to the crime and death statistics, starting with the FBI/DOJ tables that Mr. Hughes’s article referenced.

When you combine those numbers with the NVSR (“National Vital Statistics Reports”) final deaths data, which are contributed by the CDC (“Centers for Disease Control”); Census data to convert the numbers into rates per 100,000 and in some cases per 1,000,000; and a report by the Obama administration showing that the rise in murder since 2014 has occurred almost entirely among black people within the 10 cities with the largest concentrations of black residents, a stark picture emerges of the cost of BLM: several thousand black lives.

It is an outrageous situation. With some work — which I’ve done personally, using my arithmetic aptitude and government data — it’s possible to make a reasonable approximation of how many black folks have wound up dead because Black Lives Matter caused the effective de-policing of central cities in this country.

I can’t proceed any further than I have, because I’m not on any media speed dial lists. This is information that, while solidly factual and not an artifact of twisted data, leads to a conclusion that the media do not want to consider: that Black Lives Matter is not, and never has been, abour black lives mattering. Beyond that, I’m white, and even if I were to be quoted somewhere, my race would be used to invalidate the truth. This is highly frustrating to me, because I think there are so many honest, hard working, struggling black people who are being ignored, or worse.

I can only hope that honest and courageous black people, including Mr. Hughes, can do the same research I did, and try to highlight the results. I’m serious when I express a willingness to help anyone who wants it to crawl through the data. A newcomer might find it a bit daunting, but I can help. There are times when I feel like Diogenes, in search of an honest man. Mr. Hughes strikes me as an honest man.

If Mr. Hughes wants, I’d even go through the long division in a series of postings right here. I assure him, and anyone else, that I’m very far from some babbling nutcase with a tinfoil hat

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 07, 2018, 12:20:38 PM »
you guys are sure beating the crap out of those anonymous commenters to an article on the internet

:adios:

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 07, 2018, 12:26:40 PM »

The cost of BLM has been a subject of interest to me for about a year and a half. My interest in the gun control issue is what first led me to the crime and death statistics, starting with the FBI/DOJ tables that Mr. Hughes’s article referenced.

When you combine those numbers with the NVSR (“National Vital Statistics Reports”) final deaths data, which are contributed by the CDC (“Centers for Disease Control”); Census data to convert the numbers into rates per 100,000 and in some cases per 1,000,000; and a report by the Obama administration showing that the rise in murder since 2014 has occurred almost entirely among black people within the 10 cities with the largest concentrations of black residents, a stark picture emerges of the cost of BLM: several thousand black lives.

It is an outrageous situation. With some work — which I’ve done personally, using my arithmetic aptitude and government data — it’s possible to make a reasonable approximation of how many black folks have wound up dead because Black Lives Matter caused the effective de-policing of central cities in this country.

I can’t proceed any further than I have, because I’m not on any media speed dial lists. This is information that, while solidly factual and not an artifact of twisted data, leads to a conclusion that the media do not want to consider: that Black Lives Matter is not, and never has been, abour black lives mattering. Beyond that, I’m white, and even if I were to be quoted somewhere, my race would be used to invalidate the truth. This is highly frustrating to me, because I think there are so many honest, hard working, struggling black people who are being ignored, or worse.

I can only hope that honest and courageous black people, including Mr. Hughes, can do the same research I did, and try to highlight the results. I’m serious when I express a willingness to help anyone who wants it to crawl through the data. A newcomer might find it a bit daunting, but I can help. There are times when I feel like Diogenes, in search of an honest man. Mr. Hughes strikes me as an honest man.

If Mr. Hughes wants, I’d even go through the long division in a series of postings right here. I assure him, and anyone else, that I’m very far from some babbling nutcase with a tinfoil hat

Good grief
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 07, 2018, 12:27:10 PM »
One other pertinent historical fact should be the hundreds of thousands of white Union soldiers who died fighting the Confederacy with the end result being the official end of slavery. Does that not carry some weight in the long-term balance of blame and credit?

That comes to my mind every time I read about demands for “reparations” – instead how about expressions of some gratitude from the descendants of those freed by that ultimate sacrifice, instead of harping on the “stale grievances”, as the clear-sighted Mr. Hughes puts it ?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 07, 2018, 12:50:53 PM »
One other pertinent historical fact should be the hundreds of thousands of white Union soldiers who died fighting the Confederacy with the end result being the official end of slavery. Does that not carry some weight in the long-term balance of blame and credit?

That comes to my mind every time I read about demands for “reparations” – instead how about expressions of some gratitude from the descendants of those freed by that ultimate sacrifice, instead of harping on the “stale grievances”, as the clear-sighted Mr. Hughes puts it ?

It would be more concise to say "You're welcome"