Author Topic: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike  (Read 92879 times)

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #975 on: November 12, 2015, 04:08:43 PM »
I'm still kind of in shock that fsd said that he believes things are mumped up for black students at mizzou.  There could be some really wild stuff accomplished in this thread by the time it gets up to like 150 pages.

See, I read it like this:

(while he waves his right hand dismissively) "Yeah yeah yeah yeah things are mumped up for them, I get that. I just wish they would shut the hell up about it, they get to eat in the front of the restaurant now, what else do they need?"

:frown:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 12, 2015, 04:13:48 PM »
Black students:  It's awful for us here.
Media:  Oh ya?  Tell us about it!
Black students: No get out of here!

Yeah, that would have been a fruitful exercise. There are people that have fallen all over themselves trying to prove the poop swastika didn't exist, how do you think trying to explain institutional racism will go? The only time I've ever heard or seen the populace acknowledge racism was in the Donald Sterling thing. Even transparent, basic, shallow shows of racism are met with yeah buts and PC PC PC. Who cares if Riley Cooper called that guy a n-word, he plays with black guys and they all say it so why can't he. I can't believe that the PC police and race card players are mad at Jason Aldean for just wearing makeup, black guys can wear white paint and I won't care.

How can what these folks are purporting be validated without the media?  Are we to blindly trust anything that comes from anyone?  How can any of us be mother mumped for trying to understand and ask questions and then be doubtful after few of the questions can answered, the greatest reason of which is because they block a media presence?  And if we question, we must be racists.

You don't honestly believe that, sorry you don't. What you just said is "tell us and it will be okay, we'll support you." The truth is in fact "tell us so that we can tell you how wrong and stupid you are." Also why do you need to know, there are many things in this country that you're perfectly okay with being in the dark about, let this be one of those things, they're not requesting our help.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 12, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »
They released a picture of the poopstika. Thought it would be bigger and 'poopier'.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 12, 2015, 04:40:48 PM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: November 12, 2015, 04:41:34 PM »
Looks like a hoax
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: November 12, 2015, 04:45:16 PM »
Glad we got to the bottom of that

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 12, 2015, 04:45:22 PM »
Fake poop?

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 12, 2015, 04:50:16 PM »
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/mizzou-student-vp-1st-amendment-creates-hostile-and-unsafe-learning-environment/
smdh.
I have been kind of taking this all in and keeping an open mind but now I am starting to get a little pissed off.
I didn't watch the video, but they kind of unfairly summarized what she said if the text is accurate.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 12, 2015, 04:56:07 PM »
Smith-Lezama doesn’t say so directly, but one of the immediate implications of her response is that the First Amendment rights she’s tired of hearing about are responsible for “creating a hostile and unsafe learning environment.”

Maybe they should just stick with what she said directly.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: November 12, 2015, 04:56:52 PM »
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/mizzou-student-vp-1st-amendment-creates-hostile-and-unsafe-learning-environment/
smdh.
I have been kind of taking this all in and keeping an open mind but now I am starting to get a little pissed off.
I didn't watch the video, but they kind of unfairly summarized what she said if the text is accurate.
Yes, I was a little guilty of skimming and when I reread it, it does soften it somewhat.  One thing that is starting to stand out is repeated references to "mental health professionals".  Are college students more aware of mental health or are they just crazier/less adjusted than ever before?
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: November 12, 2015, 04:57:43 PM »
You had the student body president spreading false and malicious lies on social media . . . but yes, let's dismiss all talk of any type of manipulation.

Perspective is interesting isn't it. There are a faction of people who thinks the student body president spread "false and malicious lies" on social media. Sidebar, interesting bit of irony turning the singular tweet about the KKK into multiple lies told without the least bit of awareness. Anyway, and a faction of people who think he passed on bad information he got about the klan being on campus, because God knows no one has ever passed on bad info on twitter.

You're right about one thing dax, that incorrect tweet, just one tweet dax let's not exaggerate here buddy okay, that's bad. That one incorrect tweet is a game changer exposes all of these pc libtards as frauds.

Oh yeah, that's what I'm saying, it's all a fraud, MIR the master of the hyperbolic is going to MIR.   None-the-less, one "incorrect tweet" of that inflammatory nature is extremely serious in these circumstances.   Don't try and downplay it just because it was twitter, social media as you well know spreads almost exponentially in minutes, sometimes seconds.

I haven't turned that into "multiple lies" but it clearly points to how easily people can be manipulated . . . within a matter of seconds to a few short minutes, thousands, probably millions of people thought the KKK was running amok on the MU campus.   It caused law enforcement and security to potentially be pulled off other protective duties to investigate. 

Perspective and ramifications, even if its just "one tweet".

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #992 on: November 12, 2015, 05:00:44 PM »
I too believe that things are truly mumped up for black students at Mizzou because I have been there.

That doesn't mean we should not laugh at and denigrate the absurd behavior, reactions, demands and generally immature and unreasonable behavior of this group of people. The damage done to the public discourse on this matter and others so far outweighs whatever trivial progess and point they were trying to make. The only way to combat this regression is to marginalize and ignore it,  and attempt to bring the discourse back up.

Anybody who condones or supports this conduct isn't really searching for a solution, imho.

That's a pretty reasonable FSD post.

What? No it wasn't. I realize that post didn't have anything overtly racist in it so we're grading on a curve here but what he essentially said was the best way of dealing with people fed up with feeling like they haven't been heard is to laugh at them and if you don't agree with that you're part of the problem.

FSD refuses to acknowledge that we arrived at this seemingly sloppy place, I say seemingly sloppy because I refuse to let an occasional individual saying something that can be mocked or picked apart to hijack the larger issue, because of the long history of the leadership not handling these issues and more directly the now ousted president's outright refusal to sit and deal with this stuff.

This became mockable only after certain people chose to hijack the larger narrative by trying to create smoke screens about other small picture things real or made up.

Yeah, I didn't get a chance to post earlier, but my takeaway from fsd was that blacks should just shut up and accept racist crap happening to them at missouri

I am laughing at the people who "hijacked" the message.  You are just so extreme in your rhetoric and deluded by you own misperceptions, that you are not seeing who is actually rough ridin' this up for everyone.

Lol @lib7, doesn't have the stones to speak first or think on his own, just coattail off someone else and lob rocks from the safety of his own insecurity. What a bitch.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: November 12, 2015, 05:06:03 PM »

her comments were fairly summarized (did watch the video, the text is accurate).
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: November 12, 2015, 05:07:02 PM »
smdh.
FWIW, I was smdh'ing at what she actually was quoted as saying, which is the following:
“I personally am tired of hearing that First Amendment rights protect students when they are creating a hostile and unsafe learning environment for myself and for other students here. I think that it’s important for us to create that distinction and create a space where we can all learn from one another and start to create a place of healing rather than a place where we are experiencing a lot of hate like we have in the past.”
Like...I'm sorry that you're tired of hearing that, but if you don't like someone's first amendment protected speech, you're either going to have to tell them they're wrong, or just kind of deal with it or whatever.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: November 12, 2015, 05:23:04 PM »
smdh.
FWIW, I was smdh'ing at what she actually was quoted as saying, which is the following:
“I personally am tired of hearing that First Amendment rights protect students when they are creating a hostile and unsafe learning environment for myself and for other students here. I think that it’s important for us to create that distinction and create a space where we can all learn from one another and start to create a place of healing rather than a place where we are experiencing a lot of hate like we have in the past.”
Like...I'm sorry that you're tired of hearing that, but if you don't like someone's first amendment protected speech, you're either going to have to tell them they're wrong, or just kind of deal with it or whatever.
Isn't that kind of what she was doing on national TV? Again, I haven't watched the video or have any context with that quote.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: November 12, 2015, 05:27:13 PM »
Yeah lady, just shut up!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: November 12, 2015, 05:31:31 PM »
Isn't that kind of what she was doing on national TV? Again, I haven't watched the video or have any context with that quote.

the video does not provide any additional context not provided in the article.  the quote is fairly clear - at least clear for a statement given in a semi-informal interview.  she is stating that the first amendment right to free speech protects some students speech that creates a "hostile and unsafe" environment for other students.  it is clear that she feels that this is unfortunate and she would prefer if students' right to a safe and comfortable environment on campus were given precedence over free speech.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: November 12, 2015, 05:41:55 PM »

the video does not provide any additional context not provided in the article.  the quote is fairly clear - at least clear for a statement given in a semi-informal interview.  she is stating that the first amendment right to free speech protects some students speech that creates a "hostile and unsafe" environment for other students.  it is clear that she feels that this is unfortunate and she would prefer if students' right to a safe and comfortable environment on campus were given precedence over free speech.

If that's true what you said, than I'm sorry, but that's not how this works, not at all.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: November 12, 2015, 05:53:06 PM »
If that's true what you said, than I'm sorry, but that's not how this works, not at all.

i'm more interested in michigancat's inability (or reluctance) to process her opinion than i am interested in her opinion.