Author Topic: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike  (Read 93865 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #900 on: November 12, 2015, 11:46:49 AM »
I understand what you're saying trim, and I think you're probably right in this instance. but it's a little silly to defer to agrieved individuals as the only authority on their grievances.

should we defer to miffed small business owners who claim that they're being persecuted based on religious freedom?

Nah.  I'm sure those small business owners in some part believe they're being persecuted by having to do business with gay people.  I can think that's a little wacky, but whatever.

When seemingly all black people at or who've been at mizzou (shout mizzemaw kim english) say - some louder than others - it's mumped up for black people at mizzou, I'm not gonna be swayed by clay travis or fake sugar dick saying it's not.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 12, 2015, 12:20:47 PM »
I understand what you're saying trim, and I think you're probably right in this instance. but it's a little silly to defer to agrieved individuals as the only authority on their grievances.

should we defer to miffed small business owners who claim that they're being persecuted based on religious freedom?

Nah.  I'm sure those small business owners in some part believe they're being persecuted by having to do business with gay people.  I can think that's a little wacky, but whatever.

When seemingly all black people at or who've been at mizzou (shout mizzemaw kim english) say - some louder than others - it's mumped up for black people at mizzou, I'm not gonna be swayed by clay travis or fake sugar dick saying it's not.

When you have staunch prog-liberal types in academia openly questioning the hyper PC climate that exists on college campuses these days . . .it's perfectly applicable to question the veracity of these situations.   In addition, you have to account for the anarchist element that exist on nearly every college campus who is going to join in out out of the sheer enjoyment of causing disruption and stick it to the man regardless of whether they have any real grievance or not.   To deny it exists means that you've probably never been to college, or went to some place like Liberty or BYU. 

« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 12:24:19 PM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #902 on: November 12, 2015, 12:21:41 PM »
 I too believe that things are truly mumped up for black students at Mizzou because I have been there.

That doesn't mean we should not laugh at and denigrate the absurd behavior, reactions, demands and generally immature and unreasonable behavior of this group of people. The damage done to the public discourse on this matter and others so far outweighs whatever trivial progess and point they were trying to make. The only way to combat this regression is to marginalize and ignore it,  and attempt to bring the discourse back up.

Anybody who condones or supports this conduct isn't really searching for a solution, imho.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 12, 2015, 12:25:12 PM »
That's a pretty reasonable FSD post.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 12, 2015, 12:25:56 PM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tim-wolfe-homecoming-parade_56402cc8e4b0307f2cadea10

I hadn't seen this until just now. The parade thing that really ramped up everything

It seems to me that the activists created the confrontation, no? So if you're rolling down the street in a parade and a group of angry activists jumps into the parade route and blocks your car, what's the protocol? Is there like a standard respectful waiting period for them to have their tantrum, or do you just have to sit there for as long as it takes until the police arrive?

Is this the way to have a respectful dialogue? Jump in front of someone's car during a parade?
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 12, 2015, 12:30:15 PM »

I too believe that things are truly mumped up for black students at Mizzou because I have been there.

That doesn't mean we should not laugh at and denigrate the absurd behavior, reactions, demands and generally immature and unreasonable behavior of this group of people. The damage done to the public discourse on this matter and others so far outweighs whatever trivial progess and point they were trying to make. The only way to combat this regression is to marginalize and ignore it,  and attempt to bring the discourse back up.

Anybody who condones or supports this conduct isn't really searching for a solution, imho.

This
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: November 12, 2015, 12:30:32 PM »
Can't believe I just did that

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: November 12, 2015, 12:35:43 PM »
Should have ran those agitators over, right ksuw? That'll teach them to know their place
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: November 12, 2015, 12:36:21 PM »

Yep.  I don't agree with quite all of it, but making it clear he's not a mumped-up for black people denier makes all the rest much more readable.  That president should've said "I too believe that things are truly mumped up for black students at Mizzou and I know because I'm here.  Let's meet up ASAP and go through your stuff and figure out what needs to be done about it and get it done."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: November 12, 2015, 12:36:47 PM »
Should have ran those agitators over, right ksuw? That'll teach them to know their place

I don't think that he's saying that at all . . . but liblogic

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: November 12, 2015, 12:40:48 PM »

Yep.  I don't agree with quite all of it, but making it clear he's not a mumped-up for black people denier makes all the rest much more readable.  That president should've said "I too believe that things are truly mumped up for black students at Mizzou and I know because I'm here.  Let's meet up ASAP and go through your stuff and figure out what needs to be done about it and get it done."

While I think that's probably true, but as I've pointed out many times, there seemed to be a rather expansive infrastructure at MU for those kinds of activities.   What were those people up to?  Were they being stopped from doing their job?  Or, we they failing to their job?  If so, why aren't they being forced to resign as well?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: November 12, 2015, 12:41:36 PM »

Or alternatively "I frankly don't know what black students experience at mizzou.  Let's meet up ASAP so I can be informed and then we'll figure out what needs to be done about it and get it done."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: November 12, 2015, 12:42:39 PM »

While I think that's probably true, but as I've pointed out many times, there seemed to be a rather expansive infrastructure at MU for those kinds of activities.   What were those people up to?  Were they being stopped from doing their job?  Or, we they failing to their job?  If so, why aren't they being forced to resign as well?

Maybe.  That would've been something for the president to dig into once he was fully informed.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: November 12, 2015, 12:43:29 PM »
Seems like the board investigated that dax, and felt the president and chancellor were responsible

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: November 12, 2015, 12:55:24 PM »
Seems like the board investigated that dax, and felt the president and chancellor were responsible

prolly more like the the president had a lot of enemies and everyone just decided that getting rid of him would be better for pr than keeping him and they kinda wanted to get rid of him anyways, so eff it, he gone.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: November 12, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
Sounds like an ineffective University president, sys

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 12, 2015, 01:00:14 PM »

link

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 12, 2015, 01:02:51 PM »
You need a link that both the president and chancellor were fired after board meetings?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: November 12, 2015, 01:04:53 PM »

This

I would argue that without "immature and unreasonable behavior", nothing would have changed, and people damn sure wouldn't have been forced to think about what life is like for black students at Mizzou and across the country. People just don't give a crap unless you do something similar to what they did at MU. So while I think their interactions with the media have been wrong and just plain bizarre, I commend them for actually making change and actually making people think about race relations on college campuses.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 12, 2015, 01:05:59 PM »
You need a link that both the president and chancellor were fired after board meetings?

I discussed some very specific things . . . but, liblogic.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 12, 2015, 01:06:23 PM »

This

I would argue that without "immature and unreasonable behavior", nothing would have changed, and people damn sure wouldn't have been forced to think about what life is like for black students at Mizzou and across the country. People just don't give a crap unless you do something similar to what they did at MU. So while I think their interactions with the media have been wrong and just plain bizarre, I commend them for actually making change and actually making people think about race relations on college campuses.

Has anything changed?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 12, 2015, 01:07:15 PM »

This

Has anything changed?

Yeah they got the president to resign. Give me a sec and I'll dig up a link.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 12, 2015, 01:08:27 PM »

This

Has anything changed?

How does that change anything for black people on campus at Mizzou, though?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 12, 2015, 01:09:27 PM »

This

Has anything changed?

Potentially unjust loss of employment?