Author Topic: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike  (Read 92898 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #450 on: November 10, 2015, 11:05:00 AM »
FREEDOM OF THE PRESS BEING TRAMPLED.
i mean, yeah! who cares about that! if he had a problem with it, he should've just gone somewhere else!

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 10, 2015, 11:11:38 AM »
so what's going on here?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 10, 2015, 11:12:44 AM »
so what's going on here?

I started a thread and it got to 19 pages!!!!

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 10, 2015, 11:15:01 AM »
so what's going on here?

is it gonna catch my Royals thread?  :ohno:
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 10, 2015, 11:15:29 AM »
so what's going on here?

is it gonna catch my Royals thread?  :ohno:

if it does, i'll get some muscle and shut it down

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 10, 2015, 11:19:51 AM »
I. we demand that the University of Missouri system president, Tim Wolfe, writes a handwritten apology for the Concerned Students 1–9 – 5–0 demonstrators and holds a press conference in the Mizzou Student Center reading the letter. In the letter and at the press conference, Tim Wolfe must acknowledge his white male privilege, recognize that systems of oppression exist, and provide a verbal commitment to fulfilling Concerned Student 1–9 – 5–0 demands. We want Tim Wolfe to admit to his gross negligence, allowing his driver to hit one of the demonstrators, consenting to the physical violence of bystanders, and Leslie refusing to intervene when Columbia Police Department use excessive force with demonstrators.

Part of this is ridiculous.  So the president is supposed to just get up and say "hey guys sorry for being white and for all the privilege's it's brought me.  I totally go to where I am because of my skin color and not hard work" 

Also asking him to recognize what we know exists 'systems of oppression' at some level in every college is stupid.  What's next every white university is supposed to apologize for their 'white male privilege?  There's other demands that are poorly worded too, this one just stands out the most.

Those terms were supposed to be negotiated, he didn't have to agree to do that to appease the group.

Also I completely disagree with the bolded part for a couple of reasons. One saying that this exists at some level at every college is a cop out, and frankly isn't relevant to the situation at Missouri. What do you want them to say, "oh well this happens everywhere so we shouldn't force someone to acknowledge the problems we're having here." Secondly, it is important for the president to acknowledge that these things exist so that people can acknowledge that the issue exists. The white president vocally acknowledging these issues carries much more weight than black students talking about it.  People tend to marginalize the viewpoints of black people talking about what they are experiencing. It's amazing how some people are experts on others experienced.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 10, 2015, 11:20:45 AM »
At KSU purple cats university, 2.3% of faculty and staff are identified as "black".   :surprised:
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 10, 2015, 11:23:44 AM »

https://twitter.com/LibertyUSA1776/status/664085707003031553

I hope you were posting this to make fun of it, fanning. What a garbage letter.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 10, 2015, 11:24:39 AM »
Just posting, ok cat. There's all kind of crap out there.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 10, 2015, 11:25:10 AM »
At KSU purple cats university, 2.3% of faculty and staff are identified as "black".   :surprised:

And?

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 10, 2015, 11:25:21 AM »
FREEDOM OF THE PRESS BEING TRAMPLED.
i mean, yeah! who cares about that! if he had a problem with it, he should've just gone somewhere else!

Undercover.

Offline Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 10, 2015, 11:26:52 AM »

And?
I was surprised it was that low.  It is lower than known racist institution MIZ-ZOU.  Your thoughts?
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 10, 2015, 11:28:05 AM »
The MUPD is now asking people to report incidents of "hurtful speech" including feel details of the perpetrator.

In other news MU Purchasing just received a large purchase req from MUPD . . . Boots/Black/Leather/Just Below Knee

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 10, 2015, 11:30:47 AM »
Well, this pretty much perfectly sums it up. Enjoy your latest scalp, lunatics. http://www.nationalreview.com/article/426818/tim-wolfe-resignation-mizzou

It was doubtful that the University of Missouri would stand up to a left-wing pressure campaign targeting its president, but when the football team joined the campaign, it was all over.

Missouri is an SEC school, where even a mediocre football program — Mizzou is 1-5 against the rest of the conference — has formidable financial and cultural power.

If anyone running the university had any guts, the school would have told the team, “Come back and talk to us when you can beat sad-sack Vanderbilt, or at least score more than three points against them.” Given the team’s performance, the proper rejoinder to its threatened boycott should have been, “How would anyone notice?”

Instead, Tim Wolfe, the president of the University of Missouri system, is out in one of the most parodic PC meltdowns on a college campus to date. The Missouri episode shows how the political climate on campus falls somewhere between a Tom Wolfe novel, a Monty Python skit, and the French Terror.

A reasonable person will find it difficult to identify what Tim Wolfe stood accused of. The fact of the matter is that Missouri’s social-justice warriors forced him out simply because they could.

There were a few alleged racial incidents on campus, all involving racial slurs or symbols, including one where a drunken student verbally harassed a group of black students (he has been removed from campus, pending disciplinary procedures). Even if Missouri had a president straight out of an episode of Portlandia — the show lampooning exquisite progressive sensibilities — it would be beyond his power to prevent all rudeness on campus, especially drunken rudeness.

Nonetheless, the administration in general and Tim Wolfe in particular were held responsible. The list of supposed offenses was long (and very vague).

The Missouri Student Association complained that there wasn’t enough hand-holding after Michael Brown was shot and killed in Ferguson (when he attacked a police officer, but that’s always left out). “In the following months,” a statement whined, “our students were left stranded, forced to face an increase in tension and inequality with no systemic support.”

To read the association’s indictment, you’d think that the University of Missouri exists in a small enclave of Klan-dominated, Reconstruction-era Mississippi: “The academic careers of our students are suffering. The mental health of our campus is under constant attack. Our students are being ignored. We have asked the University to create spaces of healing and it failed to do so.”

This is the insatiable voice of children who object at the insufficiency of their coddling. In another outrage, no one powders the bottoms of Mizzou students after they go potty.

Once the grievance machinery got going, there was no right way for Tim Wolfe to respond. When he ignored protesters at the school’s homecoming parade, he had to grovel and ask for forgiveness: “I am sorry, and my apology is long overdue.” When he tried to engage protesters at another event, they asked him what “systematic oppression” means and, when he ventured an answer, screeched at him that he was blaming blacks for their own oppression.

An activist group came up with a list of demands. The first was that Wolfe write “a handwritten apology” to be read aloud at a press conference, and that it “must acknowledge his white male privilege.” The second demand was that he be fired. So they were merely demanding a rote confession of guilt before execution, a nice totalitarian touch.

Wolfe is lucky he got away with merely quitting, without having to agree to go through an arduous program of re-education. After decades of mockery, political correctness is stronger than ever on campus and has to strike fear into the hearts of every professor and administrator, who are potential victims no matter how much they kowtow to the children. It is an ongoing cultural revolution, and common sense and rationality are its natural enemies.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 10, 2015, 11:33:42 AM »
So does anyone at mizzou have like class or a job or anything

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 10, 2015, 11:36:34 AM »

Class was cancelled.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 10, 2015, 11:36:53 AM »
Yup, that summed it up perfectly
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 10, 2015, 11:37:13 AM »

Class was cancelled.

oh

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 10, 2015, 11:37:24 AM »
"an open letter to..." is right up there with mommybloggers, in terms of hey who the F do you think you are man?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 10, 2015, 11:38:10 AM »
Can you white people tell me why there's such an issue with acknowledging white male privilege or why some of you have a problem with the phrase? I mean the privilege comes with no repercussions of acknowledging it. I mean I can give a million examples of it existing so that can't be the issue.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 10, 2015, 11:38:47 AM »
Really enjoying how 'coddling' is now the buzz word being used when describing people who are upset at racism.

Is this a fox thing? Or rush or something?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 10, 2015, 11:39:20 AM »
"an open letter to..." is right up there with mommybloggers, in terms of hey who the F do you think you are man?

i'm fine with them if you sign them. anonymous is the worst

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 10, 2015, 11:39:29 AM »
Can you white people tell me why there's such an issue with acknowledging white male privilege or why some of you have a problem with the phrase? I mean the privilege comes with no repercussions of acknowledging it. I mean I can give a million examples of it existing so that can't be the issue.

Most people don't know what white male privilege is, and that makes it hard to acknowledge.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 10, 2015, 11:40:31 AM »
A lot of people don't a) believe white male privilege exists, and b) understand what it even is
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 10, 2015, 11:41:38 AM »
 :Crybaby:
A lot of people don't a) believe white male privilege exists, and b) understand what it even is

Because most people don't believe they've lived a life of privilege and outside of the 1%, haven't.