Author Topic: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike  (Read 94339 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #350 on: November 09, 2015, 09:07:01 PM »
I don't understand the anti-media thing at all.

they want to control their own narrative and they are suspicious of the media as being an arm of the establishment.  they aren't wrong on either front.  just wrong about having the legal and ethical right to dictate the actions of other individuals peaceably occupying public space.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 09, 2015, 09:11:09 PM »

they want to control their own narrative and they are suspicious of the media as being an arm of the establishment.  they aren't wrong on either front.  just wrong about having the legal and ethical right to dictate the actions of other individuals peaceably occupying public space.

As we are finding out over and over these people have no interest in free speech or dissenting opinions. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 09, 2015, 09:12:55 PM »

That makes sense. See the "swag surfin'" tweet wacky shared. I can see why they wouldn't want jerky media guys around if that's the portrayal they get. But yeah, not much they can really do about it.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #353 on: November 09, 2015, 09:13:41 PM »

That makes sense. See the "swag surfin'" tweet wacky shared. I can see why they wouldn't want jerky media guys around if that's the portrayal they get. But yeah, not much they can really do about it.

Yeah MEDIA!!

But if MEDIA is there to capture the targeted administrator then MEDIA!!! Is awesome and ya know, non jerky and stuff.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 09, 2015, 09:15:53 PM »
They may have just been trying to be protective of the hunger strike guy and then mob mentality took over.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 09, 2015, 09:17:45 PM »
hundreds of students have issues with the school that they are paying money to attend and attempt to talk to the president about them for months. the president refuses to listen and then acts like he's done nothing wrong, so they complain loud and long enough that they get him fired and hopefully replaced with a president that will listen. 50 year old white men from ten states away cry foul. film at 11.

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 09, 2015, 09:21:26 PM »
they were waiting for a "gotcha" moment to film Tim Wolfe in KC on Friday, today when people attempt to report on them, the protesters flip their collective crap. That is hypocracy my friends.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 09, 2015, 09:23:24 PM »

hundreds of students have issues with the school that they are paying money to attend and attempt to talk to the president about them for months. the president refuses to listen and then acts like he's done nothing wrong, so they complain loud and long enough that they get him fired and hopefully replaced with a president that will listen. 50 year old white men from ten states away cry foul. film at 11.

So when he created that office of equity occupied by highly paid admins and staffers, that was "doing nothing"?   So what was he to do about a "drunk college student" and "people or persons driving in a pickup"? 

Not 10 states away either.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 09, 2015, 09:25:57 PM »
"we want our story heard"
"ok what's your story"
"HEY I NEED SOME MUSCLE OVER HERE TO MOVE THIS REPORTER OFF OF THE MIDDLE OF CAMPUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 09, 2015, 09:27:13 PM »
yep. just a couple of overreacting coddled 18 year olds that cost this great president and chancellor their jobs...

Loftin's decision came after nine deans from nine different departments called for his dismissal in a letter sent Monday to Wolfe and the school's Board of Curators. The Columbia Tribune reports that the calls for Loftin's removal stemmed from problems before the recent protests over racial inequality:

"The deans said Loftin has shown failed leadership through a number of instances, including the elimination and eventual reinstatement of graduate assistant health insurance and the elimination of the vice chancellor for health sciences position. The deans claim Loftin created a 'toxic environment through threat, fear and intimidation.'

"'It is imperative to take immediate action to begin the process of resolving the issues and improving the environment,' they wrote."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/09/455324174/amid-controversy-university-of-missouri-system-president-resigns?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=202609

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #361 on: November 09, 2015, 09:30:14 PM »
yep. just a couple of overreacting coddled 18 year olds that cost this great president and chancellor their jobs...

Loftin's decision came after nine deans from nine different departments called for his dismissal in a letter sent Monday to Wolfe and the school's Board of Curators. The Columbia Tribune reports that the calls for Loftin's removal stemmed from problems before the recent protests over racial inequality:

"The deans said Loftin has shown failed leadership through a number of instances, including the elimination and eventual reinstatement of graduate assistant health insurance and the elimination of the vice chancellor for health sciences position. The deans claim Loftin created a 'toxic environment through threat, fear and intimidation.'

"'It is imperative to take immediate action to begin the process of resolving the issues and improving the environment,' they wrote."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/11/09/455324174/amid-controversy-university-of-missouri-system-president-resigns?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=202609

Oh gosh, highly paid academics upset that the status quo was upset by the new guy in charge.  A first in
Academia!!

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 09, 2015, 09:32:35 PM »

https://twitter.com/CS_1950/status/663871149080604672

https://twitter.com/CS_1950/status/663871600488378368

https://twitter.com/CS_1950/status/663872027879538689

https://twitter.com/CS_1950/status/663872136667267073

https://twitter.com/CS_1950/status/663873372187525122

https://twitter.com/CS_1950/status/663873763033788416

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 09, 2015, 09:34:20 PM »
I don't think a paper sign trumps the 1st amendment on a public space. just a hunch

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 09, 2015, 09:35:26 PM »
"We'll decide what 'twisted insincere narratives are' unless it supports our narrative".

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 09, 2015, 09:35:58 PM »
Yeah, the no media crap is absolutely ridiculous.  You don't get to protest in a public space and then bully people who try to report on the public spectacle you've created.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 09, 2015, 09:41:12 PM »
Are all these liberal democrat college presidents racist?
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 09, 2015, 09:43:29 PM »
Are all these liberal democrat college presidents racist?

lots of them are, absolutely.

And thanks for those tweets, trim. I still don't feel like I'm getting the full explanation of what's going on.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 09, 2015, 09:44:25 PM »
muscle is what mafia people ask for

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 09, 2015, 09:44:55 PM »
https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/663900683960119296

While I don't really like that they are shutting down the the media. I get their angst from the sense that the media has been pretty crappy for a long time. Mostly this sort of video to me proves once again that media, and really all of us, aren't really ready for the internet. Such videos like this didn't exist 10 years and more ago cause technology wasn't there. Nowadays everyone has a smartphone, everyone has a "personal scoop" on something and we're getting to see events covered from so many angles that was just never even remotely possible before. Before where it was just a few reporters embedded with troops describing massive amounts of action in a few concise sentences on a page, or reporting on a protest happening on the other side of the country through print or a few snippets of videos/pictures from a select few it becomes easy to distill a complex event into a concise narrative, making it easy to follow.

Now we have this amalgam of multiple narratives happening all at once in real time, making it super muddled, super confusing, and so easy to have this story (once again thanks to technology to have a platform to do this with) to be dissected and split into a zillion different opinions and really getting everyone even more riled up than necessary. I assert such crap we're seeing this in video, as with so many other videos out there from other events has happened all the time and in all places. The difference between someone getting all up in the media's business in the 60's and being able to tell their story without having a go between was zilch vs today where a simple quick vid shows both the best and worst of every event, real, raw, and laid bare. Sure, the media has all the right to be there. Sure the protesters should respect the reporter who has a job to do, but also sure is it completely possible that the story those reporters were going to write was going to be the complete and asinine drivel that most of the media has descended to over the years.

Personally, I'm glad that the Mizzou's students organized together to get what they thought was right done, and did it without having to need to have the entire country descend upon them to get it accomplished (well, until the football team really blew it open). If the President didn't do what he's put there to do, be a leader and protect his students from voiced opinions by punting the issues and kicking the can down the road, than he shouldn't be President.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 09, 2015, 09:54:13 PM »
i don't really get what cfbhandyman just said.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 09, 2015, 09:55:16 PM »
Has it been documented in any official form that Wolfe "kicked the can down the road". 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 09, 2015, 10:10:25 PM »
Yeah, the no media crap is absolutely ridiculous.  You don't get to protest in a public space and then bully people who try to report on the public spectacle you've created.

Are some of you finally starting to realize how thuggish, crazy, and extreme these people are?

Your first hint was that they wanted to fire the university president - not because he actually did something racist, but because he wasn't responsive enough to things like the Ferguson riots and a few reports of racist heckling. No word on exactly how he should have responded, but it seems to have something to do with confessing white guilt and privilege.

In a way though, it's perfectly just. Liberal university faculty created these PC whack jobs, and now they reap what they sow. And they still refuse to learn. As the prez stepped down today, he apologized to the mob. Maybe he meant it, maybe he's just protecting his pension, but the appeasement is the same.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 09, 2015, 10:14:30 PM »

Are some of you finally starting to realize how thuggish, crazy, and extreme these people are?

you can screw off, buster.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 09, 2015, 10:15:19 PM »

Your first hint was that they wanted to fire the university president - not because he actually did something racist, but because he wasn't responsive enough to things like the Ferguson riots and a few reports of racist heckling. No word on exactly how he should have responded, but it seems to have something to do with confessing white guilt and privilege.

In a way though, it's perfectly just. Liberal university faculty created these PC whack jobs, and now they reap what they sow. And they still refuse to learn. As the prez stepped down today, he apologized to the mob. Maybe he meant it, maybe he's just protecting his pension, but the appeasement is the same.

Lol
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite