Author Topic: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike  (Read 92887 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #150 on: November 09, 2015, 12:27:42 AM »
No one has said racism doesn't exist.  But there is absolutely no reason why the head of the MU system should resign.

If you want to question a university administrator you should be asking why Schulz is currently wining and dining in Saudi Arabia, a country with an abysmal human rights record, religious oppression, near indentured servitude of foreign workers, killers of gay people and oppressive towards women.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #151 on: November 09, 2015, 01:03:04 AM »
No one has said racism doesn't exist.  But there is absolutely no reason why the head of the MU system should resign.

If you want to question a university administrator you should be asking why Schulz is currently wining and dining in Saudi Arabia, a country with an abysmal human rights record, religious oppression, near indentured servitude of foreign workers, killers of gay people and oppressive towards women.

I think the mizzou football team chose to focus on their president instead of ours in this case. But yes, Schulz probably deserves to be questioned for that.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 09, 2015, 06:11:54 AM »
This A&M douche is the chancellor in Columbia. :dunno:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._Bowen_Loftin

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 09, 2015, 08:00:37 AM »
Yep, lots of other groups in the United States that were enslaved, subject to overt discrimination for the next 100 years specifically designed to keep them poor, socially subservient and educationally inferior.

What are you even talking about?

...a race of people whom nature has marked as inferior, and who are incapable of progress or intellectual development beyond a certain point, as their history has shown; differing in language, opinions, color, and physical conformation; between whom and ourselves nature has placed an impassable difference" and as such had no right " to swear away the life of a citizen" or participate" with us in administering the affairs of our Government

guess the race (hint, not black)

every group of immigrants has faced hardship (even the white ones). some more than others. but the successful ones didn't sit around and complain.

take mir's story. it's terrible what he faced, there's no doubt about it. people are assholes. but i still see blaming others for his problems. and if he's qualified to be the head coach of his profession, he would have found a way to make it happen. then again, he wouldn't go on a hunger strike for his kids.

my grandmother grew up dirt poor in a farm village, had 4 kids, husband died young, half deaf, back problems, had to work 2 manual labor crap jobs just to put her kids in college. then all 4 learned from that work ethic and found success. when you grow up hearing stories about all that, it is easy to recognize how ridiculous all this black lives matter/white-blaming bullshit is. it's all a bunch of .

1.  No one is saying racism is solely conducted against one group

2.  The history of African-Americans in the US is absolutely unique, unparalleled and insidious in its discrimination.  Yes the Chinese Exclusion Act was bad, yes Japanese internment was bad, yes treatment of Native Americans was awful.  Interesting to note that two of the three groups received large reparations.  But no, sorry, your 20th century college educated immigrant story is not comparable to the African American experience in the US, for too many reasons to list.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 09, 2015, 08:02:28 AM »

He is there because they can give KSU money.  That is the answer.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 09, 2015, 09:28:27 AM »
Ugg. More grievance mongering on campus run amok. And the usual suspects just lap it up. When are you fools going to realize that we should expect more of college students than to behave like perpetual petulant adolescents? So some self-absorbed, melodramatic, zealot with a likely mental disorder is starving himself because his feelings are hurt. Do you not see how deranged his solution and demands are?

This is just another extension of the epidemic of ridiculous, over the top PC outrage gripping college campuses. The only way to stop it is to denounce it. Instead we pander to it with fawning media coverage.

Finally, a swastika made out of human crap? It's certainly possible that this could be a genuine "hate crime," but how many fake ones is it going to take before we treat these with skepticism?

What should we be skeptical about?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 09, 2015, 09:29:55 AM »
Have you guys ever watched naked and afraid? This guy can get by, without eating, for like half a month. He'll be fine!

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 09, 2015, 09:33:56 AM »
bear grylls said like 30-40 days on water

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 09, 2015, 09:50:13 AM »
bear grylls said like 30-40 days on water
This really isn't the day of age to bluff your hunger. We know you got time.  :lol: JK, tho. This is really sad. Good grief, wtf is going on at Mizzou?

Offline Karlen

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2015, 10:00:25 AM »
Somebody find this kids tumblr page yet?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2015, 10:02:36 AM »
So what exactly is the deal? I keep reading "tipping point" "collective action" "stand togethet" "enough is enough" "so proud" and similar stuff.

Obviously there was a crap-stika (not sure how this is racist against blacks). Maybe a slur(s) from cars. A guy fasting. Now the football team quit.

All of the anger/outrage/blame is directed at the president and/or chancellor. Why exactly?  Is this one of those "systemic" "institutional" type arguments?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2015, 10:23:44 AM »
Is it even known if any of these alleged incidents (with the exception of the crapstika) was even perpetrated by an individual or individuals that the University has any control over, like at all??

What a potential slippery slope.  A university forced to resign because of alleged racial incidents perpetrated by individuals of unknown identity?? 

The Big Train

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 09, 2015, 10:28:36 AM »
Shocking!

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2015, 10:58:56 AM »
This is all too mumped up for my mind to consider.

Offline kstate16

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 09, 2015, 11:00:47 AM »
Reading more into it, seems like this wasn't even close to being an only race issue.  Their administration has been alienating their students for years.  However, I fail to see how their chancellor is getting off scott free.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 09, 2015, 11:06:42 AM »
Reading more into it, seems like this wasn't even close to being an only race issue.  Their administration has been alienating their students for years.  However, I fail to see how their chancellor is getting off scott free.

I mean I said that from the start but our resident dumbfucks just couldn't lay off of the race dog whistle.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 09, 2015, 11:09:57 AM »
It apparently doesn't take much to force resignation in the MU System.

Step 1:  Allege racial slurs from unknown individuals on campus or from unknown individuals in passing automobiles

Step 2:  Have a racial incident perpetrated on campus by individuals of unknown affiliation/race etc. etc.

Step 3:  Protest and force resignations

On the topic of college administration alienation of the student body.  You could almost force the resignation of nearly every college administration based on the perception of some or many on various campuses.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 09, 2015, 11:10:11 AM »
Rush's top story  :excited:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 09, 2015, 11:10:27 AM »
Congrats angry PCtards. You've collected another scalp.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 09, 2015, 11:12:24 AM »

Step 1:  Allege racial slurs from unknown individuals on campus or from unknown individuals in passing automobiles

Step 2:  Have a racial incident perpetrated on campus by individuals of unknown affiliation/race etc. etc.

On the topic of college administration alienation of the student body.  You could almost force the resignation of nearly every college administration based on the perception of some or many on various campuses.

customer is always right
free market
etc. etc.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 09, 2015, 11:13:05 AM »

customer is always right
free market
etc. etc.

Nice strawman

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 09, 2015, 11:13:20 AM »
 :love:

When he was appointed MU system president on Feb. 15, 2012, curators hailed him as a hometown hero who could run the university like a tech company.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/11/09/with-1-million-at-stake-u-of-missouris-president-now-taking-protests-seriously/

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 09, 2015, 11:16:04 AM »
Ugg. More grievance mongering on campus run amok. And the usual suspects just lap it up. When are you fools going to realize that we should expect more of college students than to behave like perpetual petulant adolescents? So some self-absorbed, melodramatic, zealot with a likely mental disorder is starving himself because his feelings are hurt. Do you not see how deranged his solution and demands are?

This is just another extension of the epidemic of ridiculous, over the top PC outrage gripping college campuses. The only way to stop it is to denounce it. Instead we pander to it with fawning media coverage.

Finally, a swastika made out of human crap? It's certainly possible that this could be a genuine "hate crime," but how many fake ones is it going to take before we treat these with skepticism?

What should we be skeptical about?

You should be skeptical about the motivations behind painting a swastika on the wall out of human crap. Sounds like a hoax, as opposed to something genuinely motivated by anti-black (or anti-semitic?) racism. It's the sort of thing a crazy person would do, not unlike going on hunger strike to oust a college president because he wasn't sypatheitc enough to the riots in Ferguson.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.