Author Topic: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike  (Read 92721 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: I think the Missouri football players just went on strike
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2015, 10:00:02 AM »
It def will be now, I guess.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2015, 10:01:30 AM »
good one, CNS.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Mizzou Football
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2015, 10:11:56 AM »
This may be only the beginning.  I am hopeful that black players and people of color, across the nation including pro sports show their solidarity in stopping the sill racism in this country once and for all.  Personally I would like to see a season where there was no black participation in all level of sports, to give the US an idea of where we would be without black athletes and black people.  Sorry for the rant.

lol, were you attempting to be clever? Nothing is forcing you to watch, seems like you need to be entertained by black people a hell of a lot more than black people need you; you certainly won't be missed.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2015, 10:19:35 AM »
Wait two random dudes said the n word, so everybody goes after the missouri system president? What did I miss?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 10:21:23 AM »
Wait two random dudes said the n word, so everybody goes after the missouri system president? What did I miss?
it's more complicated than that.  read MIR's stories.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Functianalyst

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Mizzou Football
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2015, 10:53:27 AM »
This may be only the beginning.  I am hopeful that black players and people of color, across the nation including pro sports show their solidarity in stopping the sill racism in this country once and for all.  Personally I would like to see a season where there was no black participation in all level of sports, to give the US an idea of where we would be without black athletes and black people.  Sorry for the rant.

lol, were you attempting to be clever? Nothing is forcing you to watch, seems like you need to be entertained by black people a hell of a lot more than black people need you; you certainly won't be missed.
You idiot it's not about watching black players, it's about watching your team compete.  If you think that K-State can compete without black players, post that for all to see. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2015, 11:09:03 AM »
The students don't really have a clear message out, so their efforts sort of come across as silly - like the gravely significant issue at hand is being able to have a pleasant campus experience. But, you know, they're students.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2015, 11:13:50 AM »
it's more complicated than that.  read MIR's stories.

It's also worth noting that this issue apparently isn't new and seems to be systematic, this is just apparently the last straw and there are people around that refuse to accept the status quo. David Ubben, he's a Mizzou grad, and Kim English's twitter feeds are  :sdeek: with stories of the stuff that has been happening there.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2015, 11:17:36 AM »
The students don't really have a clear message out, so their efforts sort of come across as silly - like the gravely significant issue at hand is being able to have a pleasant campus experience. But, you know, they're students.

Ummmm, seems clear to me, they did have a list of eight demands. Did you read those articles and couldn't figure out that their issue is that the administration has been silent on historical and systematic racism and now the solution is the removal of said administration?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2015, 11:24:15 AM »
good way to get a lot of attention, feel like they're changing the world, etc.

there's other minority groups that faced a lot of hardship and racism. but they didn't complain, worked hard, and shock - they created a better life for themselves and future generations.

Yep, lots of other groups in the United States that were enslaved, subject to overt discrimination for the next 100 years specifically designed to keep them poor, socially subservient and educationally inferior.

What are you even talking about?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2015, 11:29:23 AM »
Ugg. More grievance mongering on campus run amok. And the usual suspects just lap it up. When are you fools going to realize that we should expect more of college students than to behave like perpetual petulant adolescents? So some self-absorbed, melodramatic, zealot with a likely mental disorder is starving himself because his feelings are hurt. Do you not see how deranged his solution and demands are?

This is just another extension of the epidemic of ridiculous, over the top PC outrage gripping college campuses. The only way to stop it is to denounce it. Instead we pander to it with fawning media coverage.

Finally, a swastika made out of human crap? It's certainly possible that this could be a genuine "hate crime," but how many fake ones is it going to take before we treat these with skepticism?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2015, 11:32:20 AM »

Ummmm, seems clear to me, they did have a list of eight demands. Did you read those articles and couldn't figure out that their issue is that the administration has been silent on historical and systematic racism and now the solution is the removal of said administration?

So, the gravely significant issue at hand is having an administration that says things the students think it should say?

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »

So, the gravely significant issue at hand is having an administration that says things the students think it should say?
:rolleyes:

Care to take a stab at clearly stating why they're pissed? It isn't easy.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2015, 11:52:41 AM »
It takes ever heightend levels of outrage to get attention in Outraged Nation.  So much so that real issues are just getting drowned out.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2015, 11:56:05 AM »
Their demands all seem fairly reasonable, except maybe having the president resign.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2015, 11:56:41 AM »
It takes ever heightend levels of outrage to get attention in Outraged Nation.  So much so that real issues are just getting drowned out.
What are the "real issues" getting drowned out?

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2015, 11:58:21 AM »

It seems to just be the normal list of BLM grievances. I saw specific reference to Michael Brown / Ferguson. That's your first warning flag. If you're still holding to the belief that Michael Brown was an innocent person trying to surrender, gunned down for being black, despite all evidence to the contrary, you're a nut.

Also, I appreciate that chum is demonstrating some scepticism ITT.  :cheers:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2015, 11:58:43 AM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2015, 11:59:41 AM »
Wait, Pinkel supporting this? Wow.

https://twitter.com/GaryPinkel/status/663410502370856960

Doesn't he have a weekly segment on Kietz's show?  How amazing will that be?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2015, 12:01:45 PM »
cRusty, this publicity stunt will get days upon days worth of play in every news outlet in the country, while one human tragedy after another caused by actual real issues will get ignored.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2015, 12:03:34 PM »

cRusty, this publicity stunt will get days upon days worth of play in every news outlet in the country, while one human tragedy after another caused by actual real issues will get ignored.

I asked what you consider to be the "real issues"

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 08, 2015, 12:05:16 PM »

It seems to just be the normal list of BLM grievances. I saw specific reference to Michael Brown / Ferguson. That's your first warning flag. If you're still holding to the belief that Michael Brown was an innocent person trying to surrender, gunned down for being black, despite all evidence to the contrary, you're a nut.

Also, I appreciate that chum is demonstrating some scepticism ITT.  :cheers:

There was no reference to Ferguson in their demands.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 08, 2015, 12:06:43 PM »
so will there just be no game on saturday?  i wonder what the SEC would've done if it was a conference game. 

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2015, 12:10:46 PM »
How long will it take for Butler to starve to death?  I've heard of at least 30 day water fasts, unless he's some kinda puss, he should be able to go longer.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2015, 12:18:58 PM »

They didn't say anything though, it took a guy starving himself to death to even get boilerplate