Author Topic: people  (Read 10836 times)

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: people
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2015, 01:20:06 PM »
Guys, I love small talk with strangers. Am I just a weirdo? But sometimes I get super irritated by it too so who knows

Small talk is kinda nice in very small doses but when I've had my fill I have to stop myself from just walking away in the middle of that person's sentence. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2015, 01:27:46 PM »
Guys, I love small talk with strangers. Am I just a weirdo? But sometimes I get super irritated by it too so who knows

I hate small talk with anyone. And by "small talk" I am not talking about pleasantries like just saying Hi or Have a nice day.

Small talk might be more scary than mayo covered pickles. I hate that random idiots think they have some sort of permission to talk to me like I'm a friend. It's basically rape and should be prosecuted as such

if you walk away from an unwanted smalltalk convo, KSUW is going to call you a murderer

Offline mhkpasa

• Katpak'r
  • Let's go get a couple bowls of loudmouth soup
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2015, 01:37:28 PM »
well, he probably didn't watch the video

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2015, 01:38:16 PM »
maybe i don't really dislike them but I'm definitely apathetic towards them. Like i don't feel like i have any reason to talk to most people or whatever. also, sometimes at work after I've had to talk a lot during the day, I'll tell the other work people that I'm talked out and have already used all of my words and not to bug me. Is that weird? i mean it's seems like a normal/reasonable request.

you and i are pretty much the same person, rick daris.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2015, 01:41:27 PM »
OMG, I hate really dislike overly attentive waitresses. I also hate when they phrase things like they are part of your dining party. "What will we be having tonight? How was our meal? Did we save room for dessert?"

There is a fine line of just the right amount of attentiveness to make me really happy. Like, take my order in a timely fashion but if I need more time to decide then you better give me more time and not come back after only 30 seconds. And make sure that my drink never gets empty but don't come ask me how I am doing a million times.

there is never a reason for a waitperson to ask how a diner is doing.  never.  also, there is never any reason to ask if they are enjoying the food.

"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2015, 01:46:38 PM »
I hate small talk, but I really enjoy getting to know people. Everyone's story is fascinating. I've probably become more social and outgoing as I've aged. But I'm also fine not getting to know people.

I'm just really content, ya know?

The Big Train

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2015, 01:48:01 PM »
small talk is the rough ridin' worst and I hate it

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2015, 01:51:03 PM »
Maybe I am moody, or at best inconsistent, but sometimes I really like it and sometimes I keep my earbuds in everywhere I go. 

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2015, 01:54:49 PM »
I hate small talk, but I really enjoy getting to know people. Everyone's story is fascinating. I've probably become more social and outgoing as I've aged. But I'm also fine not getting to know people.

I'm just really content, ya know?

i don't mind small talk, as long as it stays small and is time and place appropriate.  i also don't mind listening to people (unless i'm doing something, obvs).  what i hate is when i'm expected to talk.

i'm pretty content too, i think.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2015, 01:56:53 PM »
Like, elevator talk is just awful. I'm terrible at it.

I also have difficulty starting conversations at a party or something. Which sucks, because like I said I enjoy hearing peoples' stories.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2015, 02:00:04 PM »
felt bad about not being sad. thought maybe I was a sociopath for awhile.

i feel like this in the mass murder pit threads.  except i usually just assume i'm more honest than other posters.

The Big Train

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2015, 02:00:23 PM »

I also have difficulty starting conversations at a party or something. Which sucks, because like I said I enjoy hearing peoples' stories.

when i met you at FF14 i introduced myself and you told me to eff off

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2015, 02:01:24 PM »
felt bad about not being sad. thought maybe I was a sociopath for awhile.

i feel like this in the mass murder pit threads.  except i usually just assume i'm more honest than other posters.

I think you're very rational in those threads.

we talked about soccer you goof. :lol:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2015, 02:02:27 PM »
everyone always makes fun about talking about the weather as an example of small talk being stupid.  i love talking about the weather.  if i could trust people to stick to weather related topics, i'd be much more enthusiastic about talking to strangers and casual acquaintances.

The Big Train

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2015, 02:04:30 PM »

we talked about soccer you goof. :lol:

i know i was kidding  :lol:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2015, 02:05:16 PM »
I think I hate small talk because I don't think these people really care about anything I am going to say. They are just thinking "I don't care at all about what she is saying." That's probably because I don't care what they are saying either.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2015, 02:08:57 PM »

I think that if I was talking to someone about their life story or something significant that happened in their life, that would be ok but how do you get into a conversation like that with someone you just met? It seems too personal for someone you don't know.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2015, 02:09:11 PM »
question for psych cats: if you're worried you may be a sociopath would it even be possible to be a sociopath?

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2015, 02:12:51 PM »

I think that if I was talking to someone about their life story or something significant that happened in their life, that would be ok but how do you get into a conversation like that with someone you just met? It seems too personal for someone you don't know.

yeah, I usually try to ask them where in the neighborhood they live (most parties I go to are in my neighborhood), how they like it, how long they've been there, etc., which can lead into how they got there and what they did before. I try to enjoy the convo even if it's someone I don't like.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »
question for psych cats: if you're worried you may be a sociopath would it even be possible to be a sociopath?

I'm pretty sure that most sociopaths know that they are sociopaths. The thing is that they don't worry about and aren't bothered by it so by definition, if you think you might be one and it worries you, then you aren't.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2015, 02:19:28 PM »

yeah, I usually try to ask them where in the neighborhood they live (most parties I go to are in my neighborhood), how they like it, how long they've been there, etc., which can lead into how they got there and what they did before. I try to enjoy the convo even if it's someone I don't like.

This is the adult version of what highschool did you go to and oh do you know _________ that every college freshman and sophomore employ.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2015, 02:22:10 PM »

This is the adult version of what highschool did you go to and oh do you know _________ that every college freshman and sophomore employ.

yes, it is in a way.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2015, 02:22:29 PM »
gE: where the socially awkward cat fans go to bbs

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2015, 02:25:00 PM »
One thing is for certain, the older I get the less I care what other people think about me.  This makes my life much more enjoyable.  Except for the people I care about, I care what they think about me most of the time. 

Also, if I don't know you don't talk to me if your standing next to me in the urinal.   :curse:
@lopakman

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2015, 02:26:04 PM »

I'm pretty sure that most sociopaths know that they are sociopaths. The thing is that they don't worry about and aren't bothered by it so by definition, if you think you might be one and it worries you, then you aren't.

what if you're just curious about whether you are or aren't, but it doesn't really worry you?