Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 127853 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #1600 on: August 17, 2017, 01:31:07 PM »
As long as it's not mandatory then I have absolutely no problem with this

Well of course anyone who is pro-choice would feel this way.  The law described in Iceland does not sound any different than the laws here, which is exactly what makes the headline disturbing.  It is basically like seeing a headline in the US saying "Doctors in Iceland discover procedure that nearly eliminates the risk of babies being born with Down Syndrome."

It's a non-remarkable story that is trying to sound like they found a cure for a disease.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 17, 2017, 04:48:55 PM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/iceland-downs-syndrome-no-children-born-first-country-world-screening-a7895996.html?amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Planned Hamburger Nazis.  Nazis' goal was to eradicate all inferior humans from the human race.  Will the rabid mob of Nazi eliminatin zealots attack Planned Hamburger? Do elephants fly Cessna planes?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: December 12, 2017, 07:36:48 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/california/2017/12/11/7-8-million-settlement-biomedical-companies-accused-profiting-fetal-tissue-sales/
This vidicates pro life groups accusations that Planned Hamburger was selling aborted fetuses to biomedical butcher shops.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: December 12, 2017, 08:32:04 AM »
I really don't get the reasoning for people believing the sale of fetal body parts should be illegal.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #1604 on: December 12, 2017, 09:08:59 AM »
I really don't get the reasoning for people believing the sale of fetal body parts should be illegal.

It’s the same reason the sale of all body parts is illegal. The government wants to discourage the creation of a market for body parts so that folks are not encouraged to go hacking themselves (or others) apart to make a buck. I’m personally in favor of the current policies.  It would just be too much for me to have a market where a woman as a career keeps getting pregnant for the sole purpose of aborting the fetus and selling the parts. Either donate it or nothing.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: December 12, 2017, 09:11:11 AM »
The women aren't selling the parts in these cases, and the parts are being used to find cures for diseases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 12, 2017, 09:16:01 AM »
The women aren't selling the parts in these cases, and the parts are being used to find cures for diseases.

I’m just explaining to you why the selling of human body parts is illegal.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: December 12, 2017, 09:35:08 AM »
Also, if the sale was legalized only for the exact context you give above, then you would still have to closely monitor the transactions to make sure the women were not receiving some kick back from the medical provider. Otherwise it’s like a more disgusting version of a prostitution ring.

On the other hand, if you eliminate the financial incentives, wouldn’t it make it more likely the provider is willing to turn over the materials to researchers since they could not get into bidding wars with others?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 12, 2017, 09:40:03 AM »
So, the Republicans have control of the Senate, the House, the Executive branch and the Supreme Court.... we should see a law to make abortion illegal any day now, right?  I mean, being pro-life is a huge part of the GOP platform and an issue that has won them a LOT of elections.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 12, 2017, 09:53:49 AM »
Republicans still don’t really control the Supreme Court. One more conservative justice and it would be a possibility though. In that case I think you could expect them to walk back the current doctrine but they’re not going to overturn Roe v Wade completely.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 12, 2017, 11:39:11 AM »
Also, if the sale was legalized only for the exact context you give above, then you would still have to closely monitor the transactions to make sure the women were not receiving some kick back from the medical provider. Otherwise it’s like a more disgusting version of a prostitution ring.

On the other hand, if you eliminate the financial incentives, wouldn’t it make it more likely the provider is willing to turn over the materials to researchers since they could not get into bidding wars with others?

I think it would be much less likely. It is probably a lot cheaper to incinerate the parts than it is to preserve them without any way to recoup costs.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 12, 2017, 11:55:14 AM »
You understand there is a difference between selling the parts and labs paying the cost to preserve and ship them right?

If they are willing to pay for the parts why wouldn’t they be willing to have someone on site ready to take them whenever an abortion is performed? Then the medical provider doesn’t have to even incur the cost of disposal. Win win.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 12, 2017, 12:41:46 PM »
You understand there is a difference between selling the parts and labs paying the cost to preserve and ship them right?

If they are willing to pay for the parts why wouldn’t they be willing to have someone on site ready to take them whenever an abortion is performed? Then the medical provider doesn’t have to even incur the cost of disposal. Win win.

I’m sure the current market-based approach is a lot more efficient than your proposed regulation would be.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 12, 2017, 12:55:53 PM »
I think if you look at my prior commentary you will see that efficiency is not my concern.

Now if your original statement was that you just don’t understand how making the sale of fetal body parts illegal would make the process more efficient then I’d say we have some common ground.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 19, 2017, 05:49:57 PM »
US. District Judge Tanya Chutkan of Washington, DC, an Obama appointee, issued a temporary restraining order that, as reported by the Washington Times, would allow the teens’ “constitutional right to decide whether to carry their pregnancies to term — including their right to change their minds regarding the same.”
THESE ARE ILLEGAL ALIENS.  AND JUDGE WANT TAXPAYER GUY TO PAY FOR THE ABORTIONS.  THESE AREN'T AMERICANS AND HAVE NO CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT.  ONE GIRL IS SO FAR ALONG THEY ARE GOING TO CUT THE BABY OUT SURGICALLY.

PLANNED HAMBURGER IS OVERJOYED,  DEAD MEAT FOR CHRISTMAS.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 22, 2018, 09:53:18 AM »
Trump has announced he is going to prohibit federal funding going to family planning clinics where abortions are done.  Aborations are legally available, but public money ain't paying for it.
Emily List meatpacking company is going beserk.  They are railing that we have to elect women who will protect.reproductive freedom.  Birth control access is about freedom.  Killing babies, conceived humans, is infanticide.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 24, 2018, 07:40:01 PM »
I mean, this is rough ridin' insane and completely inhumane. Please, some pro-lifer in this thread, explain to me how this is fair.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/8lufa5/texas_made_it_law_to_decline_insurance_coverage/
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: May 24, 2018, 09:08:59 PM »
I have a policy of not defending specific message board posters for the messages they post.

I only glanced the reddit post but was there anything verifiable in there?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 24, 2018, 10:27:22 PM »
https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59931244e4b09071f69cd82a/amp
Texas last year past a law saying insurance policies sold in Texas cannot have benefits that pay for elective abortions.  So the old buffaloes who want free unlimited abortions for birth control parade out the rape argument to try to get thier way.  Abortion is not illegal in Texas.  This is about who pays for it.  Why don't the buffaloes set up a private fund to help poor women.   No, they want society to pay for thier hamburger crusaude.  Nirvana would be socialize medicine.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 24, 2018, 11:07:32 PM »
As usual thanks for bringing the facts Reno.

From the article:
In debating the measure, Democrats argued that it is largely political theater, as relatively few plans in Texas cover abortion at this point. Nationally, estimates suggest that nearly 70 percent of women pay out of pocket for abortion services because their plans don’t cover the procedure or because they are unsure if they do.

I personally feel that abortions should be covered by insurance in the event of a diagnosis where the child has no chance to survive, but I don’t set the rates.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: May 27, 2018, 10:00:34 AM »
About fuckin time
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: July 01, 2018, 11:49:51 PM »
The Meat Mavens of Planned Hamburger are mooing and bawling like a pen of weaner calves.
Ripping children from the womb is their great joy, and then selling the mangled carcasses to medical discetors.
Well boss cows Trump has the votes to put on the Supreme Court a conservative who well could stop unfettered abortion.  Abortion will never be over turned, but by dang it will be restrictedso some kids can live.  Oh I forgot these same planned hamburger hoochies are crying for the little migrant children being ripped from their mother's arms by Trump.  They care awit about ripping babies from wombs.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 17, 2018, 09:26:48 AM »
Who is Chelsea Clinton's constituency?