Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129347 times)

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #1250 on: March 07, 2016, 12:50:22 PM »

KSUW,

Why do you fight so passionately for the unborn, but want to abandon the less fortunate, living in this country?

Jesus told him this was the right way.

Even assuming he follows the Republican Party line, this is a terrible talking point for dems, btw.  Jesus was deliberate about separating government obligations from personal ones. Republicans have a higher rate of charitable giving overall. Just because you don't want the government to manage social causes doesn't mean you don't believe in or even support those causes.
You're totally missing the point and Jesus message about good governance.  Basically the governance you guys want is what Jesus railed against.

Pretty sure you are missing the point on this one. Jesus didn't rail against any type of government that I can think of. And I'm damn sure he didn't say anything suggesting that the principles he taught concerning love and generosity should be enforced by the government.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 07, 2016, 01:05:47 PM »

KSUW,

Why do you fight so passionately for the unborn, but want to abandon the less fortunate, living in this country?

Even assuming he follows the Republican Party line, this is a terrible talking point for dems, btw.  Jesus was deliberate about separating government obligations from personal ones. Republicans have a higher rate of charitable giving overall. Just because you don't want the government to manage social causes doesn't mean you don't believe in or even support those causes.
You're totally missing the point and Jesus message about good governance.  Basically the governance you guys want is what Jesus railed against.

Pretty sure you are missing the point on this one. Jesus didn't rail against any type of government that I can think of. And I'm damn sure he didn't say anything suggesting that the principles he taught concerning love and generosity should be enforced by the government.

The fact that you see it as "enforced by the government" is an issue. And we can just ignore all those passages where Jesus says he is coming for all those corrupt kings when the reckoning occurs.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 07, 2016, 01:10:38 PM »
Any governmental social program is supported by tax dollars, so yes it is enforced if you don't contribute. Your latter point simply goes back to personal responsibility. Abusing your office is entirely different from forcing people to participate in something you view as a worthy cause.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 07, 2016, 01:12:21 PM »

Maybe if we hadn't criminalized homosexuality in the past, nature would have avoided the overpopulation crisis that is now upon us.

What evidence is there that the planet is overpopulated? We pay farmers to not grow food. Even then, developed countries throw away more food than the poor countries consume. 95% of the land area in the US is undeveloped. You could take the entire population of the world and move them to the state of Texas and the population density would be the same as it is in New York City.

The world is not overpopulated. In fact, the reverse is true in many countries that depend on a greater share of government to care for society than we do here. China, Japan, and much of Europe is facing crisis due to lagging birth rates.

Just because we really haven't felt it yet in the U.S. dos not mean the problem doesn't exist.
https://news.vice.com/article/these-nations-are-about-to-start-running-out-of-water

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 07, 2016, 01:20:52 PM »

I was born and this what I am. An animal  existing. I asked not to be here but will get the most enjoyment that I can out of my life.

When natural selection no longer limits a population, other measure must be taken.

Quite selfish way to look at life. Within that limited mental purview, I would have to agree with you that man is a virus that should be exterminated for the good of the universe.

Fortunately, your view is not reality.

What separates man from the animals is the choice we make to do things that make life for other humans better.  No animal does that, outside of the mother-offspring demographic..which is quite limited.

Open your mind...you exist for more than just you. Humanity's future depends on people like you figuring out that basic concept.
This was a very nice retort. While I stand ardently opposed to you on this matter, I will ponder on it further and give more credence to your future posts.

Good day sir/ma'am. :)
Not my conversation, but I thought this was well said on both parts.  SdK, I agree with your counterpart that you exist for more than just you.  You influence several that you will never know about and potentially a limitless number.  Live well, my friend!
And Ptolemy, thanks for thoughtful insight!
Oh I absolutely agree with that sentiment about the lives we impact. The lives I impact. It has become even more noticeable as of late.

I am very much in favor of doing good works.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 07, 2016, 01:25:43 PM »
Just because we really haven't felt it yet in the U.S. dos not mean the problem doesn't exist.
https://news.vice.com/article/these-nations-are-about-to-start-running-out-of-water

Water does not get "used up." There is a finite amount of water on the planet. It has always existed in the current volume. If areas on the planet are lacking water supply, they simply need better means of distribution.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 07, 2016, 01:31:03 PM »
Innovation  :curse:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 07, 2016, 01:32:34 PM »
fwiw I have no idea what Ptolemy is talking about re. natural vs. unnatural.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 07, 2016, 01:48:50 PM »

It's a well known fact that many animals, particularly higher ordered mammals eff. And that not only dispels your point about nature/abortion/rough ridin', but to go further, if we were only to have sex to procreate our biological system would be built around "induced ovulators" and not people who can eff without the reduced chance of pregnancy.

Why does it feel good to eat food when we are hungry? Because our bodies need sustenance for the body to survive and thrive.  The same relationship exists between intercourse and procreation.  If we did not need to procreate to survive, sex would not feel good.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 07, 2016, 02:44:01 PM »
Time to outlaw braces and heart surgery, they aren't natural

Yeah, the "not natural" argument is a huge joke. Humans aren't meant to fly from New York to LA in six hours, but we do. We have air conditioners. We have medical treatments that now allow us to live to 80 instead of dying at 35. We watch television, mass produce motor vehicles, build skyscrapers, and just do tons of crap every day that isn't natural. The "natural vs. unnatural" argument is completely irrelevant unless you appropriate it to every aspect of life instead of just picking and choosing when to invoke it for the sake of a particular argument. If you ain't living life as Amish, stfu about outlawing something because it's "unnatural."
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: March 07, 2016, 02:45:45 PM »
fwiw I have no idea what Ptolemy is talking about re. natural vs. unnatural.

fwiw 'lemy doesn't either

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: March 07, 2016, 02:51:45 PM »
With 7B people on the planet, population control is just the next evolutionary step to preservie the species.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: March 07, 2016, 03:19:07 PM »

Water does not get "used up." There is a finite amount of water on the planet. It has always existed in the current volume. If areas on the planet are lacking water supply, they simply need better means of distribution.

Right, the "same" amount of water being used by more and more people as the population increases. No negative consequences.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: March 07, 2016, 03:23:50 PM »

KSUW,

The fact that you see it as "enforced by the government" is an issue. And we can just ignore all those passages where Jesus says he is coming for all those corrupt kings when the reckoning occurs.

stop talking to yourself, you rough ridin' psycho.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: March 07, 2016, 03:27:37 PM »

Right, the "same" amount of water being used by more and more people as the population increases. No negative consequences.

"We" are currently dumping treated wastewater into the ocean and rivers and such that exceeds current standards for drinking water.  People just need to get on board with drinking their own poo water.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: March 07, 2016, 03:32:44 PM »

Water does not go away. It simply gets used to perform a task, then it gets re-appropriated for the next user: carry away dirt when we wash, transfer heat, hydrate...etc. It matters not how many people there are.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: March 07, 2016, 03:35:03 PM »

Water does not go away. It simply gets used to perform a task, then it gets re-appropriated for the next user: carry away dirt when we wash, transfer heat, hydrate...etc. It matters not how many people there are.

OK, then when you get done using the water that you drank, why don't you just go ahead and take a shower in it?

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: March 07, 2016, 03:59:29 PM »
Actually, I do. We all do. It's called the hydrologic cycle.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: March 07, 2016, 04:05:05 PM »
'lemy is the 60yr old version of tbt

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: March 07, 2016, 04:22:50 PM »
Lemy is right on.  Drink it.  Whizz it.  Drink it. Whizz it.  On and on, just like the space staion.  I would favor bumping.off pets before aborting babies to control population.  If we limit.welfare benefits to.any family with more than 3 kids or to illegal trumpmagrunts.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: March 07, 2016, 06:20:16 PM »
Lemy is right on.  Drink it.  Whizz it.  Drink it. Whizz it.  On and on, just like the space staion.  I would favor bumping.off pets before aborting babies to control population.  If we limit.welfare benefits to.any family with more than 3 kids or to illegal trumpmagrunts.

Seems like that might increase abortions, not lower it.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: March 07, 2016, 09:59:26 PM »

KSUW,

I'm calling bullshit on republicans giving more, I've heard it before, never saw it proven though.

I also need a timeline point of clarification, but don't Christians believe Jesus was kicking it before Plato? How would he have any opinion about government?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: March 07, 2016, 10:06:28 PM »
How much of that charity is to dog shelters and cat rescues?  I am betting a bunch.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: March 07, 2016, 10:08:19 PM »
I would guess republicans donate way more to churches and that leads to a bunch.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile