Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129901 times)

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #1225 on: March 07, 2016, 11:01:13 AM »
I apologize, I made the assumption your advocation for anti-abortion was rooted in religion. You can make the case that it isn't, which may be the case, but I have to believe that a small part of it is. If that's the case and you believe in a higher being then I think that belief is just as justified as the belief that there may be other life in the universe.

Belief in a higher power is unrelated to whether we should allow killing of our most vulnerable unborn. Such an act is contrary to nature. Sex feels good because nature needs us to procreate in order for the species to survive and thrive. Another aspect that raises us up over lower forms of life is we are the only ones that choose when to engage in the procreative act. The problem that has risen in that evolutionary process is we have attempted to separate the pleasure of the act from the procreative aspect through various unnatural means (contraception and abortion). Nature has never intended that to occur.  We're still working on it.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 07, 2016, 11:23:20 AM »
I apologize, I made the assumption your advocation for anti-abortion was rooted in religion. You can make the case that it isn't, which may be the case, but I have to believe that a small part of it is. If that's the case and you believe in a higher being then I think that belief is just as justified as the belief that there may be other life in the universe.

Belief in a higher power is unrelated to whether we should allow killing of our most vulnerable unborn. Such an act is contrary to nature. Sex feels good because nature needs us to procreate in order for the species to survive and thrive. Another aspect that raises us up over lower forms of life is we are the only ones that choose when to engage in the procreative act. The problem that has risen in that evolutionary process is we have attempted to separate the pleasure of the act from the procreative aspect through various unnatural means (contraception and abortion). Nature has never intended that to occur.  We're still working on it.

Pretty much everything you just typed came off as super religi, fyi
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 07, 2016, 11:26:07 AM »

As resources become more scarce on Earth do you think nature will respond by causing more people to be born homosexual? This is a question I have legitimately pondered.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 07, 2016, 11:34:47 AM »

As resources become more scarce on Earth do you think nature will respond by causing more people to be born homosexual? This is a question I have legitimately pondered.

Maybe if we hadn't criminalized homosexuality in the past, nature would have avoided the overpopulation crisis that is now upon us.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 07, 2016, 11:52:59 AM »

Maybe if we hadn't criminalized homosexuality in the past, nature would have avoided the overpopulation crisis that is now upon us.

What evidence is there that the planet is overpopulated? We pay farmers to not grow food. Even then, developed countries throw away more food than the poor countries consume. 95% of the land area in the US is undeveloped. You could take the entire population of the world and move them to the state of Texas and the population density would be the same as it is in New York City.

The world is not overpopulated. In fact, the reverse is true in many countries that depend on a greater share of government to care for society than we do here. China, Japan, and much of Europe is facing crisis due to lagging birth rates.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: March 07, 2016, 11:54:37 AM »

China, Japan, and much of Europe is facing crisis due to lagging birth rates.

Because of the gays?

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: March 07, 2016, 11:56:14 AM »

Interesting point. Nature may have created the immune deficiency virus in response to the threat that homosexual activity placed on the survival of the species, but evidence is sparse in either direction.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: March 07, 2016, 11:58:22 AM »
Are clothes natural? Cars? Houses?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: March 07, 2016, 12:01:49 PM »

Yes. No. Yes.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: March 07, 2016, 12:03:42 PM »
Clothes and houses aren't natural

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: March 07, 2016, 12:14:49 PM »

Depends on your definition of nature. Some have an agenda that man is a virus on the planet, even though we came from it. Clothes are simply a means for protecting our bodies from the elements. Cars are an extension from bipedalism to allow for more efficiency and productivity in travel. Houses are the extension of caves, which are most certainly natural in any sense of the definition.

So yes, all are natural.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: March 07, 2016, 12:16:58 PM »

Pretty much everything you just typed came off as super religi, fyi

That comes from you, not from the words.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: March 07, 2016, 12:17:20 PM »
Why is contraception and abortion not natural then? They are solutions to a problem,  same as clothes, cars, and houses.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: March 07, 2016, 12:20:20 PM »
Contraception is an extension of pulling out.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: March 07, 2016, 12:20:56 PM »
Time to outlaw braces and heart surgery, they aren't natural

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: March 07, 2016, 12:24:18 PM »
Almost nothing humans do is natural.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: March 07, 2016, 12:33:02 PM »

Belief in a higher power is unrelated to whether we should allow killing of our most vulnerable unborn. Such an act is contrary to nature. Sex feels good because nature needs us to procreate in order for the species to survive and thrive. Another aspect that raises us up over lower forms of life is we are the only ones that choose when to engage in the procreative act. The problem that has risen in that evolutionary process is we have attempted to separate the pleasure of the act from the procreative aspect through various unnatural means (contraception and abortion). Nature has never intended that to occur. We're still working on it.
Wrong on both counts.  It's like you're intentionally shrouding yourself in ignorance.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: March 07, 2016, 12:33:28 PM »
Why is contraception and abortion not natural then? They are solutions to a problem,  same as clothes, cars, and houses.

Contraception is most certainly natural. Nature's form of contraception is the cycle of fertility (and aging, of course, except in the cases of Raquel Welch and Sofia Loren!). Nature's form of abortion is miscarriage. However, nature cannot perceive procreation in and of itself as a problem.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: March 07, 2016, 12:35:00 PM »
Wrong on both counts.  It's like you're intentionally shrouding yourself in ignorance.

I'm still trying to fathom the resource in your counter argument. This may take a day or two, so please be patient.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: March 07, 2016, 12:38:39 PM »
How is a condom any more unnatural (to idiots like you) than a t-shirt?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: March 07, 2016, 12:40:05 PM »

KSUW,

Why do you fight so passionately for the unborn, but want to abandon the less fortunate, living in this country?

Jesus told him this was the right way.

Even assuming he follows the Republican Party line, this is a terrible talking point for dems, btw.  Jesus was deliberate about separating government obligations from personal ones. Republicans have a higher rate of charitable giving overall. Just because you don't want the government to manage social causes doesn't mean you don't believe in or even support those causes.
You're totally missing the point and Jesus message about good governance.  Basically the governance you guys want is what Jesus railed against.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 07, 2016, 12:41:31 PM »
I feel like we are close to a "condoms are genocide" type moment for 'lemy

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 07, 2016, 12:43:27 PM »

Dude, other animals build houses. And clothes are a no-brainer. It's like "hey, that bear looks warm with all that fur, I should get me some of that to wear." If hunting for food is natural, wearing a pelt would be too.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 07, 2016, 12:44:06 PM »

Dude, other animals build houses. And clothes are a no-brainer. It's like "hey, that bear looks warm with all that fur, I should get me some of that to wear." If hunting for food is natural, wearing a pelt would be too.

Humans grow hair.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 07, 2016, 12:48:17 PM »

I'm still trying to fathom the resource in your counter argument. This may take a day or two, so please be patient.

It's a well known fact that many animals, particularly higher ordered mammals eff. And that not only dispels your point about nature/abortion/rough ridin', but to go further, if we were only to have sex to procreate our biological system would be built around "induced ovulators" and not people who can eff without the reduced chance of pregnancy.