Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129348 times)

The Big Train

Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #1200 on: March 06, 2016, 08:09:01 AM »

Hey KSU, in case you forgot, I don't think any living thing as any more right to life than anything else. We slaughter life over and over and over. We humans are not special. Life, death, it makes not matter. Earth will live on long after us much as it did before us.

Humans ARE special. We are at the top of the food chain. Humanity sets the table for the future.

Animals live only for their own individual survival.

Human's choose who will continue, for the betterment of all.

Life is very common across the universe, it's too big and too vast for it not to be.  To think we are special means you think the earth is flat and the sun revolves around the earth. Which we know is false.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 06, 2016, 08:34:08 AM »
I'm not necessarily suggesting people would go to war specifically over the abortion issue, but more like the holocost it would probably just come down to which ideology survives longer.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 06, 2016, 11:38:30 AM »
This idea that excising a future cancer from a woman's body is any great matter is absurd.

So...YOU were a "cancer" in your mother's body, how is it that you are alive slamming away here?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 06, 2016, 11:53:55 AM »
This idea that excising a future cancer from a woman's body is any great matter is absurd.

So...YOU were a "cancer" in your mother's body, how is it that you are alive slamming away here?
I was born and this what I am. An animal  existing. I asked not to be here but will get the most enjoyment that I can out of my life.

When natural selection no longer limits a population, other measure must be taken.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 06, 2016, 08:46:09 PM »
KSUW,

Why do you fight so passionately for the unborn, but want to abandon the less fortunate, living in this country?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 06, 2016, 09:07:50 PM »
KSUW,

Why do you fight so passionately for the unborn, but want to abandon the less fortunate, living in this country?

Jesus told him this was the right way.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 06, 2016, 09:49:18 PM »

KSUW,

Even assuming he follows the Republican Party line, this is a terrible talking point for dems, btw.  Jesus was deliberate about separating government obligations from personal ones. Republicans have a higher rate of charitable giving overall. Just because you don't want the government to manage social causes doesn't mean you don't believe in or even support those causes.

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 06, 2016, 10:30:31 PM »

KSUW,

Even assuming he follows the Republican Party line, this is a terrible talking point for dems, btw.  Jesus was deliberate about separating government obligations from personal ones. Republicans have a higher rate of charitable giving overall. Just because you don't want the government to manage social causes doesn't mean you don't believe in or even support those causes.

As were the founding fathers of this country.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 06, 2016, 11:02:43 PM »

Life is very common across the universe, it's too big and too vast for it not to be. 

Your proof of the commonality of life across the universe is...?

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 06, 2016, 11:09:10 PM »

I was born and this what I am. An animal  existing. I asked not to be here but will get the most enjoyment that I can out of my life.

When natural selection no longer limits a population, other measure must be taken.

Quite selfish way to look at life. Within that limited mental purview, I would have to agree with you that man is a virus that should be exterminated for the good of the universe.

Fortunately, your view is not reality.

What separates man from the animals is the choice we make to do things that make life for other humans better.  No animal does that, outside of the mother-offspring demographic..which is quite limited.

Open your mind...you exist for more than just you. Humanity's future depends on people like you figuring out that basic concept.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 06, 2016, 11:22:26 PM »
Outlawing abortion is a choice to make life for other humans worse
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 06, 2016, 11:23:04 PM »

Quite selfish way to look at life. Within that limited mental purview, I would have to agree with you that man is a virus that should be exterminated for the good of the universe.

What separates man from the animals is the choice we make to do things that make life for other humans better.  No animal does that, outside of the mother-offspring demographic..which is quite limited.

Open your mind...you exist for more than just you. Humanity's future depends on people like you figuring out that basic concept.
This was a very nice retort. While I stand ardently opposed to you on this matter, I will ponder on it further and give more credence to your future posts.

Good day sir/ma'am. :)

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 06, 2016, 11:41:00 PM »

Life is very common across the universe, it's too big and too vast for it not to be. 

Your proof of the commonality of life across the universe is...?

Your proof of God  :lol:

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 06, 2016, 11:48:25 PM »

Where did I demand belief in God that you should question me so?

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 06, 2016, 11:53:08 PM »

Where did I demand belief in God that you should question me so?

I apologize, I made the assumption your advocation for anti-abortion was rooted in religion. You can make the case that it isn't, which may be the case, but I have to believe that a small part of it is. If that's the case and you believe in a higher being then I think that belief is just as justified as the belief that there may be other life in the universe.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: March 07, 2016, 07:37:19 AM »

KSUW,

Similarly, just because you don't want the government to punish people who have abortions doesn't mean you want people to go get more of them or would even ever get one yourself.

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: March 07, 2016, 08:11:51 AM »
Abortion discussions are the worst.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 07, 2016, 08:40:44 AM »

This was a very nice retort. While I stand ardently opposed to you on this matter, I will ponder on it further and give more credence to your future posts.

Good day sir/ma'am. :)
Not my conversation, but I thought this was well said on both parts.  SdK, I agree with your counterpart that you exist for more than just you.  You influence several that you will never know about and potentially a limitless number.  Live well, my friend!
And Ptolemy, thanks for thoughtful insight!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 07, 2016, 09:31:54 AM »

Similarly, just because you don't want the government to punish people who have abortions doesn't mean you want people to go get more of them or would even ever get one yourself.

Absolutely. However, for anyone who believes life begins at some point before birth, it would be hypocritical to believe murder should be illegal but not abortion after that point (without exceptions at least).

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 07, 2016, 09:35:16 AM »

Absolutely. However, for anyone who believes life begins at some point before birth, it would be hypocritical to believe murder should be illegal but not abortion after that point (without exceptions at least).

Not really. I think people who murder other living people outside of the womb are a much greater threat to society at large than somebody who murders their own unborn child.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 07, 2016, 10:06:01 AM »

Not really. I think people who murder other living people outside of the womb are a much greater threat to society at large than somebody who murders their own unborn child.

Ah, a libertarian I see. I guess I see your point there, but it's kind of begging the question. I think a marijuana vendor in Colorado is much less of a threat to society than a dealer in New Mexico or Texas. One of them is willing to break the law, the other doesn't have to.

Besides, if we are talking a murderer's level of danger to society, I think there is some pretty good evidence that murder has one of the lowest rates of repeat offenses (I remember hearing this in a criminal justice seminar but not sure how time behind bars was taken into account). Maybe not quite as dangerous as you might expect.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 07, 2016, 10:23:32 AM »

I guess you haven't seen this video.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 07, 2016, 10:43:55 AM »

Ah, a libertarian I see. I guess I see your point there, but it's kind of begging the question. I think a marijuana vendor in Colorado is much less of a threat to society than a dealer in New Mexico or Texas. One of them is willing to break the law, the other doesn't have to.

Besides, if we are talking a murderer's level of danger to society, I think there is some pretty good evidence that murder has one of the lowest rates of repeat offenses (I remember hearing this in a criminal justice seminar but not sure how time behind bars was taken into account). Maybe not quite as dangerous as you might expect.

I agree that the dealer in New Mexico or Texas is a greater threat. That is an argument for legalization. And yeah, we probably punish most murderers too harshly.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 07, 2016, 10:51:09 AM »
:cheers:

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 07, 2016, 10:54:38 AM »

I guess you haven't seen this video.
[/quote]

Yeah, that "animals are our friends" notion did not work out so well for Timothy Treadwell.