Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129949 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #1050 on: February 11, 2016, 09:16:45 PM »
KSUW do you think they will asked about people who humanize a fetus?  Or why reproductive is used instead of infanticide?   This is about women wanting to be just like men.  They hamburger devils are so damn ashamed of being  women.  They think they should be able to have the right to hedonist sex are have no consequences.  Women are more special than us scuzzy men.  Smart women embrace their specialness.  You can prevent unplanned pregnancy easily.

well said as always
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 11, 2016, 11:28:37 PM »
The abortion line is so well drawn there's really no reason to ask about it. Oh you're a democrat? You must support a woman's right to choose. Oh you're a republican? You must support a child's right to life.

Not to mention that, short of amending the constitution, it is really only the Supreme Court that could change anything at this point.

Offline Ptolemy

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 11, 2016, 11:47:02 PM »
The abortion line is so well drawn there's really no reason to ask about it. Oh you're a democrat? You must support a woman's right to choose. Oh you're a republican? You must support a child's right to life.

Not to mention that, short of amending the constitution, it is really only the Supreme Court that could change anything at this point.

Actually, all you need is to get a SCOTUS majority to overturn Roe vs. Wade. Abortion law would then revert to state control, where it should be.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 12, 2016, 12:59:18 PM »

There is absolutely a point to asking about abortion - Clinton and Sanders need to be nailed down on exactly how radical their views on abortion are. "If a woman has a doctor willing to perform an abortion, should that woman be legally allowed to get an abortion for any reason up to the moment of birth?" That is NARAL's position, which funds these candidates. I want to know if they agree. Actually, I know they agree, but I want them to have to admit that they agree.

But no, the media always focuses on trying to paint Republicans as the radicals on abortion because they believe life begins at conception (which it does) and we should err on the side of human life. Republicans have been asked about abortion in at least 4 of the debates so far. They're always presented with the "rape/incest/life of mother" litmus test, situations that are incredibly rare (particularly with Plan B). Abortion has not been asked once in any of the Dem debates.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 12, 2016, 01:11:31 PM »
That goes to my second point, though. Right now the "right to abortion" exists because of SCOTUS's (strained) interpretation of the constitution. If Roe v. Wade gets overturned then the legality of abortion depends on the states; the prez would have no say.

From an election stand point it really only matters whether they would appoint a Supreme Court justice who agrees or disagrees with the reasoning of Roe v. Wade, and I think that line is pretty clearly drawn between Republicans and Democrats.

I think the questions for Republicans are just as pointless, but it's somewhat understandable since abortion is a much bigger issue for pro-lifers than pro-choicers (stopping murder vs promoting women's right).

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 12, 2016, 01:27:01 PM »
Media  :curse:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: February 12, 2016, 02:21:50 PM »
That goes to my second point, though. Right now the "right to abortion" exists because of SCOTUS's (strained) interpretation of the constitution. If Roe v. Wade gets overturned then the legality of abortion depends on the states; the prez would have no say.

From an election stand point it really only matters whether they would appoint a Supreme Court justice who agrees or disagrees with the reasoning of Roe v. Wade, and I think that line is pretty clearly drawn between Republicans and Democrats.

I think the questions for Republicans are just as pointless, but it's somewhat understandable since abortion is a much bigger issue for pro-lifers than pro-choicers (stopping murder vs promoting women's right).

A president has much more influence on abortion than just appointing Supreme Court justices. They also appoint lower level judges which have a bigger influence on abortion than the SC's few opinions. Furthermore, this whole thread is about whether Planned Parenthood, that nation's biggest abortion provider, should continue to receive tax dollars. As we've seen, the president plays a role in that budget fight. Further, the president controls the administrative bureaucracy, which likewise has an influence on abortion providers.

Finally, one's views on abortion may have broader implications on character. There's a spectrum of pro-abortion supporters. On the one end are the folks who think abortion should be allowed only in certain cases or early in the pregnancy. I don't think they've thought deeply enough about the issue, but they're not crazy/evil. On the other end, you've got the "abortion for any reason, no matter when, as long as there's still a toe in the birth canal" NARAL Nazis. They're crazy/evil. Do you want a crazy/evil person in the White House? I don't.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 12, 2016, 02:25:09 PM »
 :lol:

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 12, 2016, 02:41:00 PM »
protip: women aren't special

This is ripe coming from you.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 12, 2016, 02:41:38 PM »
K-S-U-W is really bringing the crazy in this thread. Love the zeal. :love:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 12, 2016, 02:57:03 PM »
Is that really NARAL's stance?  :sdeek:

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 12, 2016, 02:57:18 PM »
Women are special.  I would not to pass a baby out my weasel.  Why do demean womanhood instead of celebrate.  My ol hillbilly ma pounded this into her boys.  KSUW gets it.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 12, 2016, 03:04:14 PM »
So your standard of normal is male? That seems pretty demeaning to women

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 12, 2016, 04:01:47 PM »

Am I wrong?

All people are special, because all people are uniquely made. Believing no one is special is a sad reality.

The "reverse sexism" concept that if girls want equal rights they should have to be equal in all manners seems like a Pub argument not an uber lib argument.

The Big Train

« Reply #1065 on: February 12, 2016, 04:27:47 PM »
So is ksuw calling me crazy here or what, he never responded to our convo from like 2 weeks ago

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 12, 2016, 04:29:07 PM »
So is ksuw calling me crazy here or what, he never responded to our convo from like 2 weeks ago

he is weirdly butthurt itt, like even more than usual

The Big Train

« Reply #1067 on: February 12, 2016, 04:32:40 PM »

he is weirdly butthurt itt, like even more than usual

I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when that Doritos commercial played during the super bowl

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 12, 2016, 04:51:10 PM »

Am I wrong?

All people are special, because all people are uniquely made. Believing no one is special is a sad reality.

The "reverse sexism" concept that if girls want equal rights they should have to be equal in all manners seems like a Pub argument not an uber lib argument.

Good grief  :facepalm:

The Big Train

« Reply #1069 on: February 12, 2016, 04:52:54 PM »
All people are special is the type of comment from participation medal upbringing smdh

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 14, 2016, 01:49:26 AM »
Human life is no more special than any other form of life. We all got here the same way. The only thing that is true is that earth will survive long after us.

#TheWesIsTheFuture

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 14, 2016, 09:10:57 PM »
Humans are.more important than other life forms and are superior.  I am glad that others agree life was created by God.

The Big Train

« Reply #1072 on: February 14, 2016, 09:14:56 PM »
Why would God create a species that kills all other species and itself in the process?

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 14, 2016, 09:36:50 PM »
I am a Christian. We are taught God created a perfect world in which man was its caretaker.  The fall into sin by men screwed that perfect world into choas. And death to.eat.came.about.  A fetus is hamburger to prolife people.  I think humans are special and it starts at conception and the blessing of a soul.

Online star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 14, 2016, 09:40:32 PM »
God damn God inventing sin and rough ridin' up our world  :curse: