Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129634 times)

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #775 on: October 28, 2015, 11:47:57 AM »
 :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: November 30, 2015, 09:17:27 PM »
http://www.mic.com/articles/129329/a-former-planned-parenthood-employee-tweeted-this-list-of-acts-of-terrorism-she-survived?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social#.lUlc8nSyE

Most of that stuff ranges from pretty bad to downright evil, (on par with slaughtering unborn human life). She probably could have left out the part about "surviving" stink bombs. I think most of us survived a few of those in high school. But yeah, I'd also say most of it qualifies as terrorism.

But just to put things in perspective, there are 11 recorded killings associated with anti-abortion violence in the US. 22 others have been wounded. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

By contrast, in just one act of domestic terrorism, which we were assured was just "workplace violence," Major Nidal Hassan killed 13 and wounded 32.

So no, I wouldn't say there is an epidemic of anti-abortion terrorism.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: November 30, 2015, 09:34:38 PM »
ksuw, how are you not morally ok with people killing abortion doctors (and really the women getting abortions as well)?  seems disingenuous to equate abortion in america to the holocaust, but not be ok with stopping the people responsible by physical force.

just wondering, thanks

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: November 30, 2015, 10:20:42 PM »

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: December 01, 2015, 10:06:33 AM »
Known person smarter than everyone at Foxnews, Rachel Maddow, did a great piece last night on the terrorist threats abortion doctors face and how Ted Cruz embraces the support of said domestic terrorists.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 01, 2015, 11:27:51 AM »
ksuw, how are you not morally ok with people killing abortion doctors (and really the women getting abortions as well)?  seems disingenuous to equate abortion in america to the holocaust, but not be ok with stopping the people responsible by physical force.

just wondering, thanks
I can't speak for KSUW, but for me, it's pretty simple: I am not in favor of anyone taking anyone else's life. 

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 01, 2015, 11:34:31 AM »

just wondering, thanks
I can't speak for KSUW, but for me, it's pretty simple: I am not in favor of anyone taking anyone else's life.

You're fairly consistent here, but ksuw is pro death penalty and def on the "turn the middle east to glass" side, so I don't think your answer applies to him.

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 01, 2015, 12:55:29 PM »
People who kill abortion doctors are not terrorists.  They are evil nuts.  Pro life means valuing all life.  Taking the life of the abortionist puts that person on the same plane as the abortionist.  Some people are inflamed beyond rational by the sick disregard that the hamburger or bust crowd has for life in the womb.  All they want is either foolproof birth control for their rabbit sex orgies or a legal tool for eugenics.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: December 01, 2015, 02:24:46 PM »

just wondering, thanks

You're fairly consistent here, but ksuw is pro death penalty and def on the "turn the middle east to glass" side, so I don't think your answer applies to him.

It's an interesting philosophical question I've considered before. First, as you allude to above, I do not believe it is always immoral to kill human life. War is not always immoral, nor is the death penalty, nor is killing as absolutely necessary to defend yourself or others.

So let's start with when I believe that killing another human life is moral, and then use that to answer your question. I believe that killing a human life is moral if it is absolutely necessary to protect against the loss of your own life or the lives of others (self-defense), when there is a reasonable chance that such killing, and only killing, will prevent a greater loss of life and/or suffering (some wars), and as justice through a fair and impartial legal system.

In my opinion, anti-abortion violence doesn't fit in any of these categories. Let's start with the easy one - it certainly isn't justice through a fair and impartial legal system. But in my opinion anti-abortion violence doesn't fit in the other categories either, because (1) killing one abortionist isn't likely to save many innocent lives, if any (the women will almost certainly abort, anyway), and (2) there are peaceful and more effective means of preventing abortion. I don't think anyone can seriously disagree that the peaceful pro-life movement (which is the vast majority), aided by advances in imaging technology, have been far more successful in shifting public opinion and reducing abortion than violence.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 01, 2015, 02:33:35 PM »
So you would have let the nazi's operate for 40 years just hoping that the nazi's would change their mind?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 01, 2015, 02:37:22 PM »

just wondering, thanks

It's an interesting philosophical question I've considered before. First, as you allude to above, I do not believe it is always immoral to kill human life. War is not always immoral, nor is the death penalty, nor is killing as absolutely necessary to defend yourself or others.

So let's start with when I believe that killing another human life is moral, and then use that to answer your question. I believe that killing a human life is moral if it is absolutely necessary to protect against the loss of your own life or the lives of others (self-defense), when there is a reasonable chance that such killing, and only killing, will prevent a greater loss of life and/or suffering (some wars), and as justice through a fair and impartial legal system.

In my opinion, anti-abortion violence doesn't fit in any of these categories. Let's start with the easy one - it certainly isn't justice through a fair and impartial legal system. But in my opinion anti-abortion violence doesn't fit in the other categories either, because (1) killing one abortionist isn't likely to save many innocent lives, if any (the women will almost certainly abort, anyway), and (2) there are peaceful and more effective means of preventing abortion. I don't think anyone can seriously disagree that the peaceful pro-life movement (which is the vast majority), aided by advances in imaging technology, have been far more successful in shifting public opinion and reducing abortion than violence.

So then you would be ok with aborting baby Hitler? (Sorry if this has already been discussed in the Jeb Bush thread.)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 01, 2015, 02:44:50 PM »
It's very telling that some equate abortion with the work of Hitler and the Nazis.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 01, 2015, 02:52:12 PM »

just wondering, thanks

So then you would be ok with aborting baby Hitler? (Sorry if this has already been discussed in the Jeb Bush thread.)

I suppose that question will become relevant once we invent time travel (or maybe they already have but they're just not telling us?!?!), but until that time, it is irrelevant.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 01, 2015, 02:53:58 PM »
It's very telling that some equate abortion with the work of Hitler and the Nazis.

Only when they think it serves their argument.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 01, 2015, 02:58:42 PM »

Only when they think it serves their argument.

Yes, very telling indeed

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 01, 2015, 03:02:32 PM »
Some (fsd) equate condoms with nazi's  :sdeek:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 01, 2015, 04:10:29 PM »
'bias' post is cloaked in mystery

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 01, 2015, 04:16:25 PM »

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 01, 2015, 05:51:25 PM »

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 01, 2015, 07:02:18 PM »
People who kill abortion doctors are not terrorists.

Really? I think one could certainly argue that people who arm themselves to the teeth and walk into public places full of unsuspecting people and open fire with the intent to kill shitloads of people because of some perverted interpretation of religion are indeed terrorists. That's inflicting terror. That's what terrorism is.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:05:58 PM by SkinnyBenny »
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #798 on: December 01, 2015, 10:49:14 PM »
Known person smarter than everyone at Foxnews, Rachel Maddow, did a great piece last night on the terrorist threats abortion doctors face and how Ted Cruz embraces the support of said domestic terrorists.

:lol:  this is great

Who hacked Edna's account?
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 02, 2015, 07:33:04 AM »

:lol:  this is great

Who hacked Edna's account?
It's the equivalent of him making a 3/4 court shot.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.