Author Topic: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?  (Read 129290 times)

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Is Planned Hamburger more important than the entire good of America?
« Reply #375 on: September 24, 2015, 02:39:42 PM »
From the women I know:

Wasn't ready for a kid - 2
Family coerced her because the dad was black - 1 (very churchy pro-life people too)
Raped - 1

From the ones I know:

Too young to have a kid and financially unable to support - 2
Financially unable to support a second child - 1
Only one that I know of. Wasn't ready to be a mother. The child may or may not have been mine. She maintains she never cheated, I think she did.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 24, 2015, 02:40:28 PM »
From the women I know:

Wasn't ready for a kid - 2
Family coerced her because the dad was black - 1 (very churchy pro-life people too)
Raped - 1

From the ones I know:

Too young to have a kid and financially unable to support - 2
Financially unable to support a second child - 1
Only one that I know of. Wasn't ready to be a mother. The child may or may not have been mine. She maintains she never cheated, I think she did.
And just to clarify none of these cases were instances where they could have carried the baby to term and given it up for adoption?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 24, 2015, 02:42:15 PM »
Just to clarify, they didn't want to
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 24, 2015, 02:42:44 PM »

Good article comparing options between abortion and adoption.

http://www.americanadoptions.com/pregnant/deciding_between_abortion_or_adoption

Abortions range from hundreds to thousands of dollars, depending on your stage of pregnancy. Conversely, not only is adoption free, but you may also receive living expenses from the adoptive family to help you cover pregnancy-related expenses such as rent, food, utilities, transportation and more.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 24, 2015, 02:43:00 PM »
Yes, in the case I know of, she could have. That's not really the point though.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 24, 2015, 02:44:25 PM »
My personal belief is that a positive sex ed culture as opposed to the negative fear driven sex ed we currently have would lead to less teen pregnancy and thus less desire for abortions.

good news: this is already happening, and teen pregnancies and also abortions are down quite a bit since the 90s. i will find some data but i don't have the time right now

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 24, 2015, 02:45:31 PM »
Who will help me pay living expenses for yard dog to live with chlamydia for 9 months

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 24, 2015, 02:47:39 PM »
My personal belief is that a positive sex ed culture as opposed to the negative fear driven sex ed we currently have would lead to less teen pregnancy and thus less desire for abortions.

good news: this is already happening, and teen pregnancies and also abortions are down quite a bit since the 90s. i will find some data but i don't have the time right now

nvm, this took like 2 secs (i have no idea what this website is)

Between 1991 and 2013, the teen birth rate declined by an impressive 57% nationwide. It has declined in all 50 states and among all racial/ethnic groups.

https://thenationalcampaign.org/data/compare/1678

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 24, 2015, 02:47:54 PM »

Abortions range from hundreds to thousands of dollars, depending on your stage of pregnancy. Conversely, not only is adoption free, but you may also receive living expenses from the adoptive family to help you cover pregnancy-related expenses such as rent, food, utilities, transportation and more.

Some women choose abortion over adoption because it can be done confidentially. What they fail to realize is an adoption can also be completed confidentially, where her family, friends and community won’t know about it. Of course, hiding a pregnancy can be difficult, but adoption agencies like American Adoptions can help you by purchasing baggy clothing or providing a temporary out-of-town living situation. There is always a solution of keeping one’s pregnancy and adoption private.

LOL. They are going to buy you some baggy clothes so that your friends and family don't notice that you are pregnant.  :lol: :lol:

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 24, 2015, 02:48:15 PM »

That's definitely good to hear. I was in S.H.A.P.E. while I was at KState and you'd be surprised at how little many of the students we talked with understood about sex.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 24, 2015, 02:49:51 PM »

Some women choose abortion over adoption because it can be done confidentially. What they fail to realize is an adoption can also be completed confidentially, where her family, friends and community won’t know about it. Of course, hiding a pregnancy can be difficult, but adoption agencies like American Adoptions can help you by purchasing baggy clothing or providing a temporary out-of-town living situation. There is always a solution of keeping one’s pregnancy and adoption private.

LOL. They are going to buy you some baggy clothes so that your friends and family don't notice that you are pregnant.  :lol: :lol:

Hey if it works and you get a chance to give your baby up for adoption instead of killing it, it is definitely worth trying it.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 24, 2015, 02:50:45 PM »

:lol:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 24, 2015, 02:51:03 PM »

true story, a girl at my high school lied about being pregnant and played a basketball game the night she gave birth. :sdeek:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 24, 2015, 02:53:48 PM »

true story, a girl at my high school lied about being pregnant and played a basketball game the night she gave birth. :sdeek:

Did she really lie about being pregnant (like someone said "Are you pregnant?" and she said "No") or did she just not tell anyone?

Also, basketball jerseys are pretty tight.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 24, 2015, 02:54:24 PM »

LOL. They are going to buy you some baggy clothes so that your friends and family don't notice that you are pregnant. 

Girl at my highschool played softball all through her pregnancy. Intentionally slid everywhere.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2015, 02:54:59 PM »
also the "waiting families" photos are such a sad collection of white people. :frown:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 24, 2015, 02:56:49 PM »
I'll just sit back and let sys kick your ass on this one.

i'm not your personal fact-checker.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 24, 2015, 02:58:00 PM »
also the "waiting families" photos are such a sad collection of white people. :frown:

Curt & Sharla sure are doing a lot of fun things in those photos. All that will end when they adopt a kid.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 24, 2015, 03:00:11 PM »
Can adoption moms sell their babies to the highest bidder? seems like they should be able to on the free market (if they aren't already).

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 24, 2015, 03:00:37 PM »
I'll just sit back and let sys kick your ass on this one.

i'm not your personal fact-checker.

But I appreciate your help. And coming from someone who's pro-choice, too.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 24, 2015, 03:01:35 PM »
Also also, LOL @ yard dog talking to students about sex. :lol:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 24, 2015, 03:04:06 PM »
I would be interested in what kind of information yard dog was dishing out

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 24, 2015, 03:12:50 PM »
the old biblical story of sodomy and gonorrhea 

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 24, 2015, 03:18:21 PM »
I would be interested in what kind of information yard dog was dishing out

The normal S.H.A.P.E info. Did you ever get to see a S.H.A.P.E. presentation? Main things were promoting condom use. The main demonstration being the proper technique for putting a condom on and how to take it off and dispose of it (we used fake bananas). We had an activity where we went around the room and had people practice different things to tell their partners if they insisted on not using protection. We then did that thing where you pull a normal sized condom over your head and blow it up. Thus proving that no one is "too big for a condom". We encouraged getting tested since it was pretty cheap for students. Then we opened up the floor for questions. It was important to dispel myths like being on top meant the girl couldn't get pregnant due to gravity or that two condoms were better than one.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2015, 03:20:10 PM »
Ugh, condoms are the worst