Author Topic: You can pretty much pin the refugee crisis in Syria and Libya . . . into Europe  (Read 10690 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Blaming Obama more than Assad for the issues in Syria is more than just a little disingenuous.

I've never said Assad wasn't at fault.  Was there any kind of max  exodus from Syria prior to the ridiculous attempt(s) to overthrow the Assad regime?   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
No one can explain the endgame in all of this.   Primarily because it's an ugly reality that turns the so call war on terrorism on its ear.

Just Say No to Regime Change:  Unless a Democrat is President

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Rush is agreeing 100 percent with dax at this very moment. Even pulled out a "leftist progressive regime" during the rant

Grats dax  :thumbs:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/ex-intel-officials-pentagon-report-proves-us-complicity-in-isis-fabef96e20da

I wouldn't know lib, I don't listen to Rush.   But here's the deal, it's people that would generally be considered highly left leaning in their politics who are busting this story open, or trying to.   They're mainly in the foreign media, which is sad.  Very sad.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And oldie that I've posted before, but ringing true more than ever.

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/11/28/glenn_greenwald_is_obama_fulfilling_the

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The C.I.A.’s contribution to Qaeda’s bottom line, though, was no well-laid trap. It was just another in a long list of examples of how the United States, largely because of poor oversight and loose financial controls, has sometimes inadvertently financed the very militants it is fighting.

Yep, inadvertently.  Who knew, oops.   :dunno:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/15/world/asia/cia-funds-found-their-way-into-al-qaeda-coffers.html?_r=1

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Thanks for the education Dax.  It is a sorry state of affairs that doesn't seem to resonate with people in the US.   The dead kid in the sand has triggered an awkening.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is also giving rise to Nationalism in places like Germany.

was this a for serious part of your post?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is also giving rise to Nationalism in places like Germany.

was this a for serious part of your post?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/german-farright-extremists-clash-with-police-in-protest-outside-dresden-refugee-camp-10415880.html

Dax we all know his point is that nationalism in Germany has been around for nearly 100 years. This very very recent refugee crisis has nothing to do with a rise in nationalism.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
I thought nationalism in Germany has been fairly frowned upon since a certain event
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Blaming Obama more than Assad for the issues in Syria is more than just a little disingenuous.

I've never said Assad wasn't at fault.  Was there any kind of max  exodus from Syria prior to the ridiculous attempt(s) to overthrow the Assad regime?

Do you really think Syrians would have just sat there while Assad committed atrocities and gassed his own people without trying to get out? It's obvious that we don't have an answer for how to deal with Assad, we don't have an answer for how to deal with ISIS, and we don't have an answer for how to deal with the refugee crisis. Yes, the Obama administration are the decision makers now, but this would have happened no matter who was in charge.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I thought nationalism in Germany has been fairly frowned upon since a certain event

it is extremely frowned upon, but i guess this 200 person rally or whatever turns that completely on its head

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
So I guess there's nothing to worry about then huh MIR?

Oh just the goose stepping guys.  I mean golly, why worry about the Nazi salute guys outside the refugee camp full of Muslims (albeit the Nazi's did collaborate with some Muslim factions during that thing).

Hey, when Hitler and that whole thing got started.   Weren't those parades and masses of people they had like on day one amazing.  It was like, blam, HERE's HITLER!! He was a huge hit!!  I mean an instant smash.   That stuff about smokey back room bars and secret clandestine meetings held amongst a few people in places found in dark alleys is just pure Hollywood BS. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Do you really think Syrians would have just sat there while Assad committed atrocities and gassed his own people without trying to get out? It's obvious that we don't have an answer for how to deal with Assad, we don't have an answer for how to deal with ISIS, and we don't have an answer for how to deal with the refugee crisis. Yes, the Obama administration are the decision makers now, but this would have happened no matter who was in charge.

Quit being an apologist for this administration and war mongers like McCain. If you actually did the research you would understand full well the the United States and the West are the primary instigators in Assad's atrocious responses.   Plus foreign entities have questioned the validity of the gas attacks believing it was done by rebel factions in order to try and incite more direct military action by the West.   

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
DNR any of this.

But that toddler picture going around this week might be the worst thing ever:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Quit being an apologist for this administration and war mongers like McCain. If you actually did the research you would understand full well the the United States and the West are the primary instigators in Assad's atrocious responses.   Plus foreign entities have questioned the validity of the gas attacks believing it was done by rebel factions in order to try and incite more direct military action by the West.

Nice strawman, you just argued a point I did not even attempt to make. Of course the United States is to blame, along with the rest of the modernized western world. I have no idea why you are putting this at the feet of Obama or McCain for that matter, the issue is much more complicated and historic than those two gentlemen.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You can pretty much pin the refugee crisis in Syria and Libya . . . into Europe
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2015, 05:12:41 AM »
What other government does the U.S. have, that can be blamed? Numerous media sources have documented that all or nearly all of the forces  trying to overthrow Assad are from outside the country.   

McCain and this administration are the driving force behind U.S. Involvement. 

The U.S. was in the drivers seat for the entirety of the Libyan campaign, which has torn that country to shreds and the U.S. used Libya to recruit forces and send arms to Syria.

Quit apologizing for them.   U.S. Political and military planners k new their policies would give rise to ISIS, but they went forward with them anyway.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 05:16:23 AM by sonofdaxjones »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What other government does the U.S. have, that can be blamed? Numerous media sources have documented that all or nearly all of the forces  trying to overthrow Assad are from outside the country.   

McCain and this administration are the driving force behind U.S. Involvement. 

The U.S. was in the drivers seat for the entirety of the Libyan campaign, which has torn that country to shreds and the U.S. used Libya to recruit forces and send arms to Syria.

Quit apologizing for them.   U.S. Political and military planners k new their policies would give rise to ISIS, but they went forward with them anyway.

So do nothing and watch genocide?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You don't bring in people more ruthless than the existing regime to "prevent genocide".   Come on man.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You're playing the result, that man was gassing his own people by the thousands. They knew arming those people would be problematic, they didn't anticipate ISIS.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You're playing the result, that man was gassing his own people by the thousands. They knew arming those people would be problematic, they didn't anticipate ISIS.

They "anticipated ISIS" as far back as four and five years ago.

The gas attacks happened after the start of the civil war.   Now, who armed the so called freedom fighters so they could start the civil war?

Remember, regime change was desired by the so called neo-cons as far back as 15 plus years ago, and the Obama administration and friends are trying to carry it out.

Also, let's again establish that Libya is solely on this administration.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
DNR any of this.

But that toddler picture going around this week might be the worst thing ever:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link?

Offline stunted

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I just started following this stuff. What multicultural society has actually worked out? Besides the ones that take the best and brightest from other countries? Why is diversity good? Growing up in the US this stuff was pushed on us all the time, so I had always believed it. But then you hear of the huge fail that is going on in Europe, it really makes you think. Googling "why is diversity good" comes up with some generic, feel-good sounding answers without anything concrete. The US and Canada are cited as success, but as mentioned before, the benefits of diversity in come from taking the smart ones.