Author Topic: Beer Connoisseurs  (Read 423593 times)

Offline jtksu

• definitely not a racist piece of shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Beer Connoisseurs
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2010, 05:01:34 PM »
Dogfish has some incredible IPAs.  rough ridin' great stuff.  :lick:

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2010, 05:04:25 PM »
BLVD's Unfiltered Wheat is my fav wheat beer.  The rest of theirs tastes like what most guys make in their garage. 

That is one of their worst beers, too.  Not surprising, CNS Casey.

:jerk:

If their wheat is bad, I need some suggestions on what to try.  Evidently I am missing out. 
It's not bad.  It's just one of their worst.

Try Bob's 47, Lunar Ale, Bully Porter, Dry Stout and Irish Ale - I believe all of those are seasonal except for the Bully Porter and Dry Stout.

However, those are nothing compared to the Tank 7 Farmhouse Ale or Saison-Bret.  Actually, anything in their "Smokestack Series" are above average/great beers.

We have diff tastes.  I have had all those.  I don't mind them, but they taste like the kit-made beer my bro makes.  Nothing special.

Their wheat is somewhat unique as far as wheats go, imo.

Prolly just an individual's taste diff.
Naw, I just think you are a dumbass.  Sorry bro. 

Says the guy who likes Bob's 47
Oh, hai:

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/boulevard-bobs-47-oktoberfest/119/
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/boulevard-unfiltered-wheat-beer/114/

JFC, my taste is bad.   :runaway:
Yeah.  Wheat is consistently rated the lowest out of the Blvd line up.
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2010, 05:09:22 PM »
I prefer a true unfiltered wheat.  Boulevard's process takes out some things that add a lot of flavor.  I guess they just assume that the mainstream market wouldn't like a cloudy beer through.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2010, 05:22:04 PM »
To be fair if ratebeer is like most beer rating sites it's way skewed toward super hoppy or super malty beers.  It's gotta be Imperial Blah or Super Pale blah blah.  People love to love "challenging" beers, whatever that's supposed to mean. 

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2010, 05:30:26 PM »
I'm guessing Piss doesn't know what a brewpub is.  And, have fun with your 3 month old Colorado beer, I'll enjoy my locally produced Rock Island Red.  
Yup, never been to a brew pub before.  Never spent days walking the Denver Convention Center at the Great American Beer Festival and meeting with and drinking the thousands of breweries available there.  Never sat down with Michael Jackson to discuss beer either, nor Jim Koch.  Never shared a cigar with Pete Slosberg and talked about the development of his brewery.  I have no rough ridin' idea what beer is and I certainly didn't finish the Barley Brewhouse Mug Club in 3 weeks.  Dumbass.

I prefer a true unfiltered wheat.  Boulevard's process takes out some things that add a lot of flavor.  I guess they just assume that the mainstream market wouldn't like a cloudy beer through.
Confirmed, you're a dumbass.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 24, 2010, 05:35:52 PM »
I'd love to hear you tell me how Boulevard produces a clear, yet unfiltered wheat.  And you being a barfly alcohol hardly qualifies you as an expert on brewpubs.  Especially when your response to what a brewpub is has absolutely nothing to do with them.

Offline DILLIGAF

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 24, 2010, 05:36:58 PM »
Pyramid (unfiltered) and Widmer both make distinctly different but good wheat.  
Bodington's and PBJ, never had that thought.   Blue Moon taste like it is about 25% milk to me.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2010, 05:37:50 PM »
I'd love to hear you tell me how Boulevard produces a clear, yet unfiltered wheat.  And you being a barfly alcohol hardly qualifies you as an expert on brewpubs.  Especially when your response to what a brewpub is has absolutely nothing to do with them.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2010, 05:39:05 PM »
Confirmed, you have no response.  It's like talking to BMW about football.  OMG pwned!!! Lol!!! 

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 24, 2010, 05:40:53 PM »
Blue moon is a hefeweizen.  It's a style of wheat I don't really care for.  Too much clove and banana for my taste.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2010, 05:46:27 PM »
Confirmed, you have no response.  It's like talking to BMW about football.  OMG pwned!!! Lol!!!  

Blue moon is a hefeweizen.  It's a style of wheat I don't really care for.  Too much clove and banana for my taste.
LOL :lol:

Blue Moon is a belgian style witbier, dumbass

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »
I prefer a true unfiltered wheat.  Boulevard's process takes out some things that add a lot of flavor.  I guess they just assume that the mainstream market wouldn't like a cloudy beer through.
Blind tiger makes a good raw wheat.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2010, 06:11:00 PM »
To be fair if ratebeer is like most beer rating sites it's way skewed toward super hoppy or super malty beers.  It's gotta be Imperial Blah or Super Pale blah blah.  People love to love "challenging" beers, whatever that's supposed to mean. 
BeerAdvocate is better. imo.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2010, 06:13:21 PM »
Blue moon is branded as a witbier but doesn't even use gruit, just flavoring agents.  It may well have at one time, but it doesn't now.  Even so, witbiers and hefeweizens are very similar anyway.  I guess, if I ever actually drank them, I would remember which type blue moon was.  Enjoy your orange slice!!!

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »
Saul- I've heard nothing but good stuff about Blind Tiger.  I'll be back in Topeka in a few weeks, so I'll definitely stop in there at that point.

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2010, 06:18:10 PM »
Saul- I've heard nothing but good stuff about Blind Tiger.  I'll be back in Topeka in a few weeks, so I'll definitely stop in there at that point.
I don't know what they are brewing right now but they should always have the raw wheat on tap.  The food sucks, so don't bother.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2010, 06:21:38 PM »
what do you guys like better, bud light or coors light? i fracking love bud light. coors light is horrible though. so is miller lite. michelob light is really good but kind of expensive. thoughts?

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2010, 06:22:17 PM »
what do you guys like better, bud light or coors light? i fracking love bud light. coors light is horrible though. so is miller lite. michelob light is really good but kind of expensive. thoughts?
I like Miller Chill and High Life.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2010, 06:25:35 PM »

ha ha, high life is cheap beer. i've had it a few times but i'd rather spend a little more and get a good beer like bud light. i was at a party last week and they ran out of bud light and only had bud. i got so mumped up. that crap was strong and it just totally snuck up on me.

Offline jtksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2010, 06:27:46 PM »
I actually love coors lt. I like to drink it in a can, while using my skoal coozy.  Seriously, skoal gives me all kinds of free crap, it's pretty badass.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2010, 06:38:42 PM »

ha ha, high life is cheap beer. i've had it a few times but i'd rather spend a little more and get a good beer like bud light. i was at a party last week and they ran out of bud light and only had bud. i got so mumped up. that crap was strong and it just totally snuck up on me.
Well I don't need a brand name beer to prove my self worth.

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2010, 06:50:08 PM »

This.  High Life!  The champagne of beer!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2010, 06:52:59 PM »

ha ha, high life is cheap beer. i've had it a few times but i'd rather spend a little more and get a good beer like bud light. i was at a party last week and they ran out of bud light and only had bud. i got so fracked up. that crap was strong and it just totally snuck up on me.

guess you guys don't like making out with girls, huh?  :facepalm:

Offline Farley Grudge

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2010, 07:06:28 PM »

ha ha, high life is cheap beer. i've had it a few times but i'd rather spend a little more and get a good beer like bud light. i was at a party last week and they ran out of bud light and only had bud. i got so fracked up. that crap was strong and it just totally snuck up on me.

guess you guys don't like making out with girls, huh?  :facepalm:

Oh, for that I go all out and spring for Bud Light Lime!

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2010, 07:52:12 PM »
Drinking some Guinness tonight for the first time in about a year.  Not as good as I thought I remembered.