Author Topic: The Lake (of the Ozarks)  (Read 29673 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Re: The Lake (of the Ozarks)
« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2015, 01:22:43 PM »
I don't know if I could ever have enough money to buy a vacation property.
I went to a beech house (non-lake) with a buddy of mine a couple of years ago. He owns the house and had not been to it in 2 years. I don't think he has been back since we went.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2015, 01:39:08 PM »
like, when some person asks me if I want to be in their weekly guys only poker game where we all bring our own six pack and I tell them there is literally no rough ridin' way I would ever get involved in something like that I assume it takes place at one of their lake houses

You'd be great at poker SD. You could throw out a huge bluff and be crapping your pants nervous but nobody would hear your teeth chattering bc of your baby canines.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2015, 01:51:50 PM »
like, when some person asks me if I want to be in their weekly guys only poker game where we all bring our own six pack and I tell them there is literally no rough ridin' way I would ever get involved in something like that I assume it takes place at one of their lake houses

You'd be great at poker SD. You could throw out a huge bluff and be crapping your pants nervous but nobody would hear your teeth chattering bc of your baby canines.
BAC, be leery of the slow play that SD may be making here. I could see him waltzing into FF16 and somebody trying to start a card game and SD saying, "Well, I guess, since it's for Fatty, deal me in." Then he cleans house and walks away with 5 large, but because he is SD, he'd just donate it back to FF.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2015, 02:12:50 PM »
It's good to see that this place hasn't changed since I've been gone.  Like Dobber's still totally trying to suck SD's dick.   

Also the lake of the ozarks is great if you like to get away for the occasional weekend (but not drive too far) and play some golf, do some fishing, cruise around in a big boat all day while drinking beer and then staying in a really nice lake house for free cause your dumbass friends thought it would be cool to buy all that crap. 

The beach is pretty cool too, but I can't drive there in less then three hours after work on Friday and be home for dinner on Sunday.   :dunno:
@lopakman

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2015, 02:22:06 PM »
This thread is why I can't figure The Lake out. I mean I make one to two trips a summer there... Stay with friends at their place or rent a place.... And I always have fun. Drinking and effing around in the water is good times. I could never bring myself to invest in a place down there as I'd be too tied down to heading to The Lake every weekend.

What I can't understand is so many huge boats and houses and every person down there looks like the homeless guy I pass on my walk to work.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2015, 02:32:26 PM »
It's good to see that this place hasn't changed since I've been gone.  Like Dobber's still totally trying to suck SD's dick.   

Also the lake of the ozarks is great if you like to get away for the occasional weekend (but not drive too far) and play some golf, do some fishing, cruise around in a big boat all day while drinking beer and then staying in a really nice lake house for free cause your dumbass friends thought it would be cool to buy all that crap. 

The beach is pretty cool too, but I can't drive there in less then three hours after work on Friday and be home for dinner on Sunday.   :dunno:
Hey dumbass, I said lake and boat people are losers well before SD said it. Not that I don't jump all over SD's nuts, but I am taking exception in this instance!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2015, 02:35:34 PM »

Hey dumbass, I said lake and boat people are losers well before SD said it. Not that I don't jump all over SD's nuts, but I am taking exception in this instance!
I formed my own opinion and shared that in about a half dozen posts before SD even weighed in on the subject.
Now that I have read the rest of your post, I am not surprised that you are a loser lake/boat person.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2015, 02:42:59 PM »
I was referring to this which has absolutely nothing to do with yours or SD's thoughts on the lake.  Thought you could have figured that out on your own, but I guess not.  Maybe you should check with SD next time before replying.  :eye:

BAC, be leery of the slow play that SD may be making here. I could see him waltzing into FF16 and somebody trying to start a card game and SD saying, "Well, I guess, since it's for Fatty, deal me in." Then he cleans house and walks away with 5 large, but because he is SD, he'd just donate it back to FF.

And good job replying to your own post   :lol:
@lopakman

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2015, 02:50:58 PM »
I was referring to this which has absolutely nothing to do with yours or SD's thoughts on the lake.  Thought you could have figured that out on your own, but I guess not.  Maybe you should check with SD next time before replying.  :eye:

And good job replying to your own post   :lol:
YOU SON OF BITCH!!!

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2015, 04:15:18 PM »
This thread is why I can't figure The Lake out. I mean I make one to two trips a summer there... Stay with friends at their place or rent a place.... And I always have fun. Drinking and effing around in the water is good times. I could never bring myself to invest in a place down there as I'd be too tied down to heading to The Lake every weekend.

What I can't understand is so many huge boats and houses and every person down there looks like the homeless guy I pass on my walk to work.
SERIOUS ANSWER ALERT - a lot of the guys with big houses and giant boats are self made midwesterners that really don't want to wear anything but tanks and flipflops. 

Tons of them are construction related business owners that started out as a typical hvac/electrician/builder or what have you and rode the Clinton economy construction boom to their White Midwestern nirvana of a 6 bd/4 bath + 3 well dock with some combo of a crusier, a go fast, a wakeboard boat, a bass boat and a handful of jet skis.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2015, 04:18:05 PM »
They also live to shoot fireball

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2015, 04:20:21 PM »

if you ran into me during a lake weekend you would think i was homeless also. it's just the costume we all put on

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2015, 04:21:52 PM »
They also live to shoot fireball
Oh yeah, the lake puts the fun in functional alcoholic

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2015, 04:34:47 PM »

if you ran into me during a lake weekend you would think i was homeless also. it's just the costume we all put on

Good point!  Hey a landlock state/region needs a good body of water...."The Lake" seems to fulfill that need.  Now let's get down there and crank some CCR and Kenny Chesney and pound some ML pounders!

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2015, 04:37:47 PM »
I HAVE been to the Niangua River Oasis (more than once) and loved it every time.
The ol NRO float trip. This is WTFantastic. Have been on several.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2015, 04:41:58 PM »
I HAVE been to the Niangua River Oasis (more than once) and loved it every time.
The ol NRO float trip. This is WTFantastic. Have been on several.

It was insufferable until we found that buying the "nice" double wide trailers above all the hillbilly campers wasn't expensive at all...then it was pretty fun.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2015, 04:43:20 PM »
I didn't say lake and boat people were losers fwiw. I said I hated lakes and they were gross.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2015, 04:49:04 PM »
Have you guys mentioned rockstates handy in this thread yet?

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
The Lake (of the Ozarks)
« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2015, 05:00:37 PM »
I didn't say lake and boat people were losers fwiw. I said I hated lakes and they were gross.
well this is where we part ways :sad:

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2015, 05:06:07 PM »
Hey guys, I'd probably go to the lake with some buds and have a great time.
This thread was just kind of timely for me this week. My buddy owns a boat and he was going to some lake in Maryland today. I was giving him crap all week about how shitty of a vacation it was going to be. Plus, his boat had a leak and he was worried about getting it fixed in time for the vacation.
I was kind of playing out my real life on gE. I don't even think lakes are gross like SD does!
Lopakman, you're still a loser!
:lol:
I wouldn't buy a lake house, beach house, boat, or time share though. That is for real.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2015, 06:23:46 PM »

:cheers:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2015, 09:40:57 PM »
Lake of the Ozarks is disgusting and horrible.  Table Rock (majestic pristine getaway for rich K-State grads) is one of the best lakes out there.  Have been going since I was a kid.  Great skiing lake and much less crowded.  Also the Corps of Engineers didn't allow trees to be pulled down near the water on Table Rock which keeps the silt out and keeps it looking like the forest it is.  Ozarks is a private late and the Corps couldn't control the deforestation which is a big reason why it's as gross as it is.

My parents just moved to their place at Table Rock full-time, going with the wife for a week tomorrow.   :excited:
emaw

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2015, 11:04:07 PM »
Table rock seems super boring with no docks or lakeside boozing locales

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile