Author Topic: EXTREME FOOTBALL INSIDER TIDBITS!  (Read 189625 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: EXTREME FOOTBALL INSIDER TIDBITS!
« Reply #1075 on: October 27, 2016, 11:45:34 AM »
I put stock in the fact that both Ertz and Thompson were not only very accomplished players (Gatorade player of the year in their states), but also won at a high level, leading their teams to state title games their senior years. I think they will be battling for the starting spot the next few years, and with all that Thompson accomplished in HS, he may unseat Ertz. He is Snyder's best QB recruit during 2.0 by far, and one of his best ever IMO.

Meanwhile Hubener was a part time QB for a mediocre 3A school and Delton was a slightly more accomplished 3 year starter for a decent 5A school that never made the playoffs during his HS career. They are great guys to have in here as depth, and while I'd like to see what Delton can do, I do not think he is (or ever will be) better than Ertz or Thompson. If he chooses to transfer, he probably ends up very low D1 or maybe even D2, perhaps back at home in Hays.

Offline POWL

• Combo-Fan
  • just sayin....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: October 27, 2016, 11:48:41 AM »
Another thing to remember regarding Alex's future; I can't remember LHC Bill Snyder ever unseating a returning quarterback. This second year as a starter thing that we're always hearing comes from the staff, they believe in that.

i believe you are right........Ell replaced Dunn in 02 (the Colorado game, maybe ???) ......Dunn was a returning qb, but not a returning starting qb.

Beems 2015 - "Honestly, I'd be surprised if this message board survived another five years."

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: October 27, 2016, 11:59:54 AM »
That's a QB battle, not an unseating.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: October 27, 2016, 12:25:43 PM »
do you guys not see my point now? as fan said we have one of the best qb prospects snyder and co have ever landed yet he might not see the field (as a regular) for 3 years yet we have a back up that sucks and another that apparently cant do whatever he needs to to be ahead of said crap back up.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: October 27, 2016, 12:30:30 PM »
do you guys not see my point now? as fan said we have one of the best qb prospects snyder and co have ever landed yet he might not see the field (as a regular) for 3 years yet we have a back up that sucks and another that apparently cant do whatever he needs to to be ahead of said crap back up.
where are you coming up with this?

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: October 27, 2016, 12:30:52 PM »
#FreeSkylar

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: October 27, 2016, 12:33:15 PM »

I don't mind the redshirt for Thompson in this situation though. I'm sure he's improved a lot just this fall that will benefit him in the future. The kid was playing HS football just a year ago and with all that Snyder puts on the QB position, I think redshirting this year is probably the best option. I won't be surprised at all if this staff forgoes the usual point of sticking with the 2nd year starter policy if Thompson is as good as it sounds like he might be.

Also, its fair to point out that the staff went away from the 2nd year starter scenario this season. Of course Hubener only got most of the starts last year because of injury and clearly they were never completely comfortable since we played a WR at the QB spot quite a bit, but still they just didn't hand Hubener the reigns because of experience. Granted, I think the only reason he is #2 now is because of that experience; if Delton and he were the same level I believe Delton would be the #2. As is, they clearly don't trust Delton as much, though it seemed to me they tried to push Delton into the #2 spot by playing him in mop up duty earlier this year before Hubener, but I could be reading too much into that.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: October 27, 2016, 12:34:43 PM »
where are you coming up with this?
ertz will get a medical redshirt, he played 1 play last year. so therefore he is technically a sophomore. by all accounts he will be our qb for the rest of this year and two years moving forward unless we have a new staff and or he completely falls apart.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: October 27, 2016, 12:39:55 PM »
at the end of the day im worried that one of our best qbs we have had here (potentially, i mean i could be completely wrong but i think we have heard enough about him to assume it) could get maybe 2 years as a starter. the thing i hate is that the coaches value experience so much but how the hell can the guy get experience if he doesnt get to play?

especially when he is better than the guys in front of him

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: October 27, 2016, 12:40:20 PM »
So, how sexy does Skylar look in his uni? Delton looks like hot sex, and Ertz/Hubes look like huge goobers.

This is a big deal.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: October 27, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »
at the end of the day im worried that one of our best qbs we have had here (potentially, i mean i could be completely wrong but i think we have heard enough about him to assume it) could get maybe 2 years as a starter. the thing i hate is that the coaches value experience so much but how the hell can the guy get experience if he doesnt get to play?

At the end of the day, these coaches want to win. If Thompson is as good as advertised he will win the job, probably next year, especially with how injury prone Ertz appears to be.

I just don't think any of these guys that many our fans want to celebrate (Sams, Banks, Delton) have been THAT good.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 27, 2016, 01:04:26 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 27, 2016, 01:05:34 PM »
Yea, but Alex wouldn't be third string if Hubes was a Sophomore (possibly not even a Junior).

How do you know that and better yet is how is that relevant to the conversation?

Last year when Hubes was a junior he got benched in favor of a WR. He's accumulated more starting experience since then which makes me think is the only thing keeping him ahead of Delton.

It's relevant because you mentioned how Delton is third string behind a sophomore instead of a senior. I'm saying Delton is not really that clear of a third string behind a sophomore. Hubes being a senior is the only thing keeping Delton from being second string.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: October 27, 2016, 01:14:59 PM »

At the end of the day, these coaches want to win. If Thompson is as good as advertised he will win the job, probably next year, especially with how injury prone Ertz appears to be.

I just don't think any of these guys that many our fans want to celebrate (Sams, Banks, Delton) have been THAT good.
Makes perfect sense.  I can't get over the fans(posters) who think we need to be chasing our young QB's away from the big bad old KSU coaches, because it's obvious they don't have their best interest in mind.  :Crazy: 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: October 27, 2016, 01:15:52 PM »
Yea, but Alex wouldn't be third string if Hubes was a Sophomore (possibly not even a Junior).

How do you know that and better yet is how is that relevant to the conversation?

Last year when Hubes was a junior he got benched in favor of a WR. He's accumulated more starting experience since then which makes me think is the only thing keeping him ahead of Delton.

It's relevant because you mentioned how Delton is third string behind a sophomore instead of a senior. I'm saying Delton is not really that clear of a third string behind a sophomore. Hubes being a senior is the only thing keeping Delton from being second string.

Yes, sort of like Adam Helm and El Roberson in 99. Helm just better pieces around him, so we could still win that game vs Iowa State.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 27, 2016, 01:17:35 PM »
I put stock in the fact that both Ertz and Thompson were not only very accomplished players (Gatorade player of the year in their states), but also won at a high level, leading their teams to state title games their senior years. I think they will be battling for the starting spot the next few years, and with all that Thompson accomplished in HS, he may unseat Ertz. He is Snyder's best QB recruit during 2.0 by far, and one of his best ever IMO.

Meanwhile Hubener was a part time QB for a mediocre 3A school and Delton was a slightly more accomplished 3 year starter for a decent 5A school that never made the playoffs during his HS career. They are great guys to have in here as depth, and while I'd like to see what Delton can do, I do not think he is (or ever will be) better than Ertz or Thompson. If he chooses to transfer, he probably ends up very low D1 or maybe even D2, perhaps back at home in Hays.

Can Alex transfer to a Juco as a RS sophomore?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: October 27, 2016, 01:20:36 PM »

Can Alex transfer to a Juco as a RS sophomore?

Pretty much the same route Banks is taking.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 27, 2016, 01:24:14 PM »
I really think the kid will see playing time next year.  Ertz will be like Gregory was by the end of this season.  His shoulder won't hold out and B. Joe is gone.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: October 27, 2016, 01:25:02 PM »

Makes perfect sense.  I can't get over the fans(posters) who think we need to be chasing our young QB's away from the big bad old KSU coaches, because it's obvious they don't have their best interest in mind.  :Crazy:
slow down there champ, i dont want any of our players to leave. i think delton is very talented and would like him to not waste 4 years at ksu as a 3rd string qb. i think he could see the field at another position

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: October 27, 2016, 01:27:44 PM »
What have you seen in Delton that makes you think he's "very talented" minus a few QB sneaks in garbage time?

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: October 27, 2016, 01:28:57 PM »
I did the research so you guys don't have to. Skylar looks hot AF in a football uniform.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: October 27, 2016, 01:29:17 PM »
What have you seen in Delton that makes you think he's "very talented" minus a few QB sneaks in garbage time?
i watched him a couple of times at hays, went to last years spring game and have seen him run in a few games this year. he seems pretty damn talented

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: October 27, 2016, 01:31:11 PM »
I don't know either, but I don't think he is garbage.  Like I said before, there is a very good chance he'll see playing time next year.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: October 27, 2016, 01:37:10 PM »
Everyone looks like a rockstar playing football in Western KS. It's #science. It does get tiring when fans bitch about 3rd string/back up QB's not getting opportunities because "eff this coaching staff, roar roar roar roar", call me a tuck, but these guys have been doing this for awhile. I trust their judgement on talent evaluation and who can win us games.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: October 27, 2016, 01:39:24 PM »
Everyone looks like a rockstar playing football in Western KS. It's #science. It does get tiring when fans bitch about 3rd string/back up QB's not getting opportunities because "eff this coaching staff, roar roar roar roar", call me a tuck, but these guys have been doing this for awhile. I trust their judgement on talent evaluation and who can win us games.
i have no clue what that is suppose to mean, we have thrived on people from western kansas

also we are all pieces of crap here and you quit goEMAW so what gives?