Author Topic: EXTREME FOOTBALL INSIDER TIDBITS!  (Read 189631 times)

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
Re: EXTREME FOOTBALL INSIDER TIDBITS!
« Reply #1025 on: October 26, 2016, 11:09:51 AM »
Quote from: yoga-like_abana
does anyone dispute that?

i know skylar is good, and what you say may be correct. ertz is scared, he shows it every game (and i dont blame him having a few knee surgeries myself) if thompson isnt #1 coming out of the spring in 17 then i dont know what to think. its a bill thing "i want players with experience" well bill how can they get experience if you dont play them? if bill wanted to be in the here and now he cuts hubes makes skylar #2 and gets him in a few games.

and before some tuck comes in with the redshirt bullshit, he has burned several redshirts on young promising players to simply have a play here and there this year
:dunno:

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: October 26, 2016, 11:10:59 AM »
This whole Pett is Wally thing makes a lot of sense, you guys.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: October 26, 2016, 11:11:10 AM »
oh didn't read that.. good lord kslim....

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: October 26, 2016, 11:13:37 AM »
it would be really, really dumb to burn his redshirt
agreed, should have been on the two deep from the start of the season

is it really dumb to burn harris' redshirt for one play?
i don't know who that is, but probably.

it's dumb to burn someone's redshirt if you only need them for like <30 plays. Bazooks hasn't lost us any games this year.
jesus man let it go, he is terrible. not only that but i feel you missed my entire point
i think you're missing the point -- i'm saying that burning Thompson's redshirt (or not redshirting him) to serve as a backup or to get "a play here and there" would've been a huge waste.
if he is number 2 to start the season he would have been in 4 games (thats a guess and how many hubes has played in) so bill and to my point earler cant really use the well we want the guy with more experience excuse.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: October 26, 2016, 11:16:49 AM »
oh didn't read that.. good lord kslim....
you dont think having our qb of the future play now is a good thing? im not saying bring him in to start but why not make him the #2 when he (per "sources") is the best qb we have? especially in the non con

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: October 26, 2016, 11:18:05 AM »
no

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: October 26, 2016, 11:19:15 AM »
no
so you are happy with hubes as the #2?

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: October 26, 2016, 11:20:24 AM »
Ertz isn't running afraid of being injured anymore and hasn't in a month.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: October 26, 2016, 11:23:34 AM »
then why every time there is a blitz he over throws it ten yards? he doesnt set his feet and gets skiddish, it looks like he freaks out

i mean that in a serious way and think jesse is a good qb fwiw

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: October 26, 2016, 11:24:29 AM »
i'd rather have a full season of 5th year Thompson in 2020 than 30 plays of true freshman Thompson in 2016.

assuming that ertz is better than Thompson this year, this is a no-brainer.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: October 26, 2016, 11:29:16 AM »
i'd rather have a full season of 5th year Thompson in 2020 than 30 plays of true freshman Thompson in 2016.

do you remember when ck7 came in vs texas and mizzou? how did those 30 plays work out?

look im not itk about skylar so this could all be for not but if hubes sucks (obv) and delton (for whatever reason) wont see the field, why not see what the future holds? saying that as a hypothetical from the start of the season i am in no way saying burn his shirt now

and again ertz is the guy but with his injury crap who the eff knows

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 26, 2016, 11:29:36 AM »

Offline troubledscribe

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 26, 2016, 11:29:55 AM »
#FreeSkylar

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 26, 2016, 11:40:59 AM »
gopowerpett

Nope, try again
suck brick kid

No, I meant your nickname was awful. Missing the point again, idiot.
would you rather us call you wally from now on?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 26, 2016, 11:46:43 AM »

do you remember when ck7 came in vs texas and mizzou? how did those 30 plays work out?
and KU! 

in any event, klein had already redshirted by that point.  it didn't cost us anything to try him out against UT or Mizzou.  anyhow we're just going to have to disagree on this. 

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 26, 2016, 11:49:12 AM »

and KU! 

in any event, klein had already redshirted by that point.  it didn't cost us anything to try him out against UT or Mizzou.  anyhow we're just going to have to disagree on this.
and thats fine, i just look at guys like eason and hurt (georgia and bama respectively) and wonder what if. if we didnt have a qb that seems to get hurt a lot i wouldnt have even mentioned it

go cat

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 26, 2016, 11:51:50 AM »
then why every time there is a blitz he over throws it ten yards? he doesnt set his feet and gets skiddish, it looks like he freaks out

He isn't overthrowing anything anymore. And as I have said before I think his overthrow issues were more related to attempting to avoid getting picked, he's definitely afraid of that.

Afraid of being hit is different than afraid of being injured. I'm assuming every qb ever is afraid of being hit in the pocket, it hurts a lot, the good ones eventually develop the mechanics though to deal with delivering a good ball in anticipation of getting smashed. When he seemed earlier in the year to be afraid of being injured it manifested itself in very tentative running and in a reluctance to make plays with his feet.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 26, 2016, 11:57:51 AM »

He isn't overthrowing anything anymore. And as I have said before I think his overthrow issues were more related to attempting to avoid getting picked, he's definitely afraid of that.

Afraid of being hit is different than afraid of being injured. I'm assuming every qb ever is afraid of being hit in the pocket, it hurts a lot, the good ones eventually develop the mechanics though to deal with delivering a good ball in anticipation of getting smashed. When he seemed earlier in the year to be afraid of being injured it manifested itself in very tentative running and in a reluctance to make plays with his feet.
well if you say he isnt overthrowing passes anymore i have to disagree there, pressure up the middle and he chunks it just look at the pringle pass. actually there were a few that players bailed him out of iirc. (kinda pakd, have yet to see the game on tv)

i agree he is moving around in the pocket better so i guess thats a good sign.

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: October 26, 2016, 12:02:57 PM »
Pumped to hear that our stud QB recruit is only a little bit worse than our current god awful QB.   :drool:

Online MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: October 26, 2016, 12:19:02 PM »

well if you say he isnt overthrowing passes anymore i have to disagree there, pressure up the middle and he chunks it just look at the pringle pass. actually there were a few that players bailed him out of iirc. (kinda pakd, have yet to see the game on tv)

i agree he is moving around in the pocket better so i guess thats a good sign.

He floated that Pringle pass, his shoulder is not good right now, I don't think he's capable of an overthrow right now.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 26, 2016, 12:51:39 PM »

This. Good grief.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 26, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »

This. Good grief.
OH HEY!

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 26, 2016, 01:11:41 PM »
I'm skeptical Ertz is going to start every game this season, and I actually doubt he'll play every down of the ISU game.

Let's also not forget Ertz is going for his first career road victory this weekend.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 26, 2016, 01:36:49 PM »
Let's also not forget Ertz is going for his first career road victory this weekend.

He's playing at home, bro.

Offline Steffy08

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 26, 2016, 01:39:59 PM »

This. Good grief.

Me, too.

I might feel differently if we still has a decent shot at the conference championship this year(field goal verse WV), but we don't.  I think Ertz/Hubener/Delton can get us to 7-8 wins this year.