Author Topic: The Trump Candidacy  (Read 441389 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Candidacy
« Reply #3875 on: August 12, 2016, 11:35:14 AM »
Yea, I think there are plenty of ways to reach a critical mass of vaccination without the state having to get involved. Wouldn't be opposed to schools dealing with vaccines like they do hearing, eyesight, and lice checks though.

I think they do, don't they?

Not in my area.  They didn't when I was little and they don't now that my kids are there.  They do require you to get shots at the doc before enrolling, but don't take care of it at school.  I would think it an insurance/liability issue.   :dunno:

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: August 12, 2016, 11:39:14 AM »
Yeah, I don't necessarily think some rando at school should be giving kids vaccines. They should just make sure they are immunized before they enroll (which is what they do).

Speaking of things they check at school, do they still do those creepy scoliosis checks where the kids have to take their shirts off so some creepy adults can look at their spine?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3877 on: August 12, 2016, 11:52:54 AM »
Says his companies provide on site child care because he wants to take care of his employees and make them happy. Media contacts multiple hotels and resorts and they verify they have on site child care but it's for guests only and not available to employees  :lol:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: August 12, 2016, 12:44:50 PM »
Says his companies provide on site child care because he wants to take care of his employees and make them happy. Media contacts multiple hotels and resorts and they verify they have on site child care but it's for guests only and not available to employees  :lol:

haha

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3879 on: August 12, 2016, 12:47:46 PM »
You could ask him about that time he cured cancer and he would tell you about how happy he was to do it

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3880 on: August 12, 2016, 12:50:57 PM »

The media just keeps busting Donald's balls.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3881 on: August 12, 2016, 01:32:22 PM »

It's ok, guys. He was jk.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3882 on: August 12, 2016, 01:34:58 PM »
good joke

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: August 12, 2016, 01:46:08 PM »
He was just being sarcastic, meaning he actually thinks Obama is destroying ISIS.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: August 12, 2016, 01:49:49 PM »
I'm not taking MIR's side or anything, but when you go into public you assume the risk of going into public.  Sick people go into public all the time.  People with anti-immune disorders could get sick by things that both could and could not be vaccinated for. 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: August 12, 2016, 01:51:41 PM »
I'm not taking MIR's side or anything, but when you go into public you assume the risk of going into public.  Sick people go into public all the time.  People with anti-immune disorders could get sick by things that both could and could not be vaccinated for.

the difference is there is a 100% safe and effective (both results and cost) solution to diseases we have vaccines for

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: August 12, 2016, 01:58:26 PM »
I don't really have a strong opinion but lean more to mir too.

If we let people abuse their kids by instilling stupid religious attitudes, then letting them die from preventable diseases isn't much of a stretch.

Though the parents of kids that kill themselves from religious guilt or non-vaxxin' should be prosecuted for murder.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: August 12, 2016, 02:00:29 PM »
Why would you not want to vaccinate your children?  i guess I don't understand the opposition to doing it.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: August 12, 2016, 02:03:30 PM »

If we let people abuse their kids by instilling stupid religious attitudes, then letting them die from preventable diseases isn't much of a stretch.

Though the parents of kids that kill themselves from religious guilt or non-vaxxin' should be prosecuted for murder.

what would be an example of this that is on par with not vaccinating for polio

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: August 12, 2016, 02:05:03 PM »

you hear of one or two ppl in the midwest(International House of Prayer folks, usually) that end up with kid that dies every year or so because they don't believe in doctors and their treatment plan was to pray it away.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: August 12, 2016, 02:05:38 PM »
I'm sure there are a bunch of reasons people don't vaxx their kids, but "they don't want to" is a good enough reason (not to imply one should need a reasons).  This is still the US of A.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: August 12, 2016, 02:06:56 PM »

you hear of one or two ppl in the midwest(International House of Prayer folks, usually) that end up with kid that dies every year or so because they don't believe in doctors and their treatment plan was to pray it away.

that's a good example. is that what you meant lib7?

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: August 12, 2016, 02:07:21 PM »

Burning in hell for normal human behavior like masturbating, pre marital sex, and being gay.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: August 12, 2016, 02:08:37 PM »
Can we create a master thread for vaccination crap and move on to Trump not knowing what sarcasm is?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: August 12, 2016, 02:08:57 PM »
I'm sure there are a bunch of reasons people don't vaxx their kids, but "they don't want to" is a good enough reason (not to imply one should need a reasons).  This is still the US of A.

"They don't want to" isn't a good enough reason to starve your kids, though. There are limits to where you can apply that sort of thing to somebody else in the US of A, even if they are your children/property.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: August 12, 2016, 02:10:11 PM »

"They don't want to" isn't a good enough reason to starve your kids, though. There are limits to where you can apply that sort of thing to somebody else in the US of A, even if they are your children/property.

the vax thing goes even further, imo.  The starving example effects that one person's kid.  The vax thing can effect all of our kids.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: August 12, 2016, 02:11:13 PM »

They are free to do that, but there will be consequences

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: August 12, 2016, 02:14:25 PM »

Sure there are limits.  It's not like these people are breaking open doors to hospital rooms and schooing their non-vaxxed kids into private property to make others ill. 

The fact remains, when you go into public, you assume the risk of going into public. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: August 12, 2016, 02:16:22 PM »

Yep, survival of the fittest is my motto for public policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk