Author Topic: The Trump Candidacy  (Read 444644 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Candidacy
« Reply #2500 on: May 04, 2016, 10:58:19 PM »
I'm sadly old enough to remember when Ronald Reagan was going to start WWIII and everybody alive at the time was going to die, so that means some of you would have never been born.   When in reality, Ronnie may have turned out to be the most non interventionist president since WWII (Oh yeah, a nod to Whackadoodle who will chime in with some factoids that everyone knows about Central America, a place where more then one U.S. president has meddled).   

What about the Caribbean island he invaded that is roughly the same size as Lincoln, Nebraska? How many presidents have done that?

Well, give or take you can probably start with McKinley, that is if you're talking just the Caribbean.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: May 05, 2016, 12:39:23 AM »
searched the url and didn't find it
http://www.thegoparcade.com/
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: May 05, 2016, 01:13:39 AM »
Let's see invaded a small island in the Caribbean, Central America insurgency via the CIA, a bombing attack on Libya, a dumb arms for hostages deal, sending Marines to Lebanon on a peace keeping mission that was a disaster continued Carter's policy of arming mujaheddin.   

Harry Truman sided with pro Hitler thugs and put them in power in Greece, Korea (50,000 Americans dead).    Eisenhower Iran and several other brush fires, started down the path in Vietnam, a couple of CIA coups (not going to look them up now.   Kennedy Bay of Pigs, Vietnam.   Johnson Vietnam Escalation (50,000 American's dead),  Nixon bombing of Cambodia, started Vietnam draw down.   Ford, can't remember anything.   Carter let Iran fall then had a failed hostage rescue, and with Zbig started arming the mujaheddin in Afghanistan.   Bush I Panama, first gulf war.   Clinton cruise missile attacks in Iraq, illegal war in the Balkans.    Bush II Afghanistan and Iraq War II huge loss of life, endless war and started drone strike program.   Obama Afghan surge, expanded drone strikes in multiple countries, overthrow of Libyan government, extreme intervention in Syria creating a humanitarian disaster, idiotic support of Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, massive weapons sales to ME theocracies, confrontation with Russia, drew down Iraq forces, now sending forces back to Iraq. 

I'm sure I missed a few along the way, but those are the highlights.   Reagan looks pretty freaking tame in comparison. 

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: May 05, 2016, 02:30:19 AM »
Awake. Again. Damn trump.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: May 05, 2016, 09:03:38 AM »
Let's see invaded a small island in the Caribbean, Central America insurgency via the CIA, a bombing attack on Libya, a dumb arms for hostages deal, sending Marines to Lebanon on a peace keeping mission that was a disaster continued Carter's policy of arming mujaheddin.   

Harry Truman sided with pro Hitler thugs and put them in power in Greece, Korea (50,000 Americans dead).    Eisenhower Iran and several other brush fires, started down the path in Vietnam, a couple of CIA coups (not going to look them up now.   Kennedy Bay of Pigs, Vietnam.   Johnson Vietnam Escalation (50,000 American's dead),  Nixon bombing of Cambodia, started Vietnam draw down.   Ford, can't remember anything.   Carter let Iran fall then had a failed hostage rescue, and with Zbig started arming the mujaheddin in Afghanistan.   Bush I Panama, first gulf war.   Clinton cruise missile attacks in Iraq, illegal war in the Balkans.    Bush II Afghanistan and Iraq War II huge loss of life, endless war and started drone strike program.   Obama Afghan surge, expanded drone strikes in multiple countries, overthrow of Libyan government, extreme intervention in Syria creating a humanitarian disaster, idiotic support of Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt, massive weapons sales to ME theocracies, confrontation with Russia, drew down Iraq forces, now sending forces back to Iraq. 

I'm sure I missed a few along the way, but those are the highlights.   Reagan looks pretty freaking tame in comparison.

Dear God our foreign policy has been a disaster for 70 years.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: May 05, 2016, 09:24:29 AM »
Aren't there enough olds and racists in Florida?

Trump hates Israel though. That's a problem in Florida.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: May 05, 2016, 09:30:56 AM »
Aren't there enough olds and racists in Florida?

Trump hates Israel though. That's a problem in Florida.

Trump was the grand marshal at the Israeli Day Parade.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: May 05, 2016, 09:32:31 AM »
Nobody loves Israel more than Trump. Nobody.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: May 05, 2016, 09:34:07 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/back-donald-trumps-tumultuous-relationship-jewish-voters/story?id=37811413

One of the first jarring moments came in December when Trump, a Christian, addressed the Republican Jewish Coalition and likened himself to the Jewish businessmen in the room, saying, "I'm a negotiator, like you folks."

While he did receive applause when he said the room was filled with more people who had renegotiated deals than any other group he had addressed, the response was less positive when he went on to predict why he wouldn't receive the group's support.

"You’re not going to support me because I don’t want your money," Trump said.

"You don’t want to give me money and that’s OK. You want to control your own politician, that’s fine. ... I understand: five months ago, I was with you. Who is better than me?"

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: May 05, 2016, 09:35:42 AM »
Trump said if he were in talks with Israel and Palestine he wouldn't bitch slap the Palestinian until they agreed to GTFO. And this is a guy who is basically racist against the entire Middle East. He HATES Israel.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: May 05, 2016, 09:37:31 AM »
Trump said if he were in talks with Israel and Palestine he wouldn't bitch slap the Palestinian until they agreed to GTFO. And this is a guy who is basically racist against the entire Middle East. He HATES Israel.

I can't follow this logic.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: May 05, 2016, 11:06:05 AM »
A lot of rich Israeli Jews in South Florida are BFFs with the Don.

Source: A+
:adios:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: May 05, 2016, 11:41:20 AM »
On punishing abort'rs

He was asking me a theoretical, or just a question in theory, and I talked about it only from that standpoint. Of course not. And that was done, he said, you know, I guess it was theoretically, but he was asking me a rhetorical question, and I gave an answer. And by the way, people thought from an academic standpoint, and asked rhetorically, people said that answer was an unbelievable academic answer. But of course not, and I said that afterwards. Everybody understands that.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: May 05, 2016, 02:47:32 PM »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: May 05, 2016, 02:48:12 PM »
 :D

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: May 05, 2016, 02:57:07 PM »
:thumbs:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: May 05, 2016, 03:07:10 PM »
I love hispanics!!!!

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: May 05, 2016, 03:35:32 PM »
that part is very lol but "taco bowl" is off the charts

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: May 05, 2016, 03:44:52 PM »
On punishing abort'rs

He was asking me a theoretical, or just a question in theory, and I talked about it only from that standpoint. Of course not. And that was done, he said, you know, I guess it was theoretically, but he was asking me a rhetorical question, and I gave an answer. And by the way, people thought from an academic standpoint, and asked rhetorically, people said that answer was an unbelievable academic answer. But of course not, and I said that afterwards. Everybody understands that.

Absolutely amazing to read this stuff written out.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: May 05, 2016, 03:54:32 PM »
Paul Ryan saying he can't support Trump.  How bad does he want to be batman? 

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: May 05, 2016, 03:58:41 PM »
Paul Ryan should have come out and said he'd accept the nomination from the convention floor, then. He could have given Cruz/Kasich a boost.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: May 05, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »
Paul Ryan should have come out and said he'd accept the nomination from the convention floor, then. He could have given Cruz/Kasich a boost.

ryan and reibus or whatever the eff his name was effectively killed both cruz and kasich.  once voters learned that a vote for cruz or kasich was a vote for cruz or kasich, neither had a chance.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: May 05, 2016, 04:09:40 PM »

The Big Train

« Reply #2523 on: May 05, 2016, 04:24:10 PM »
Share before Facebook removes

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2524 on: May 05, 2016, 07:06:49 PM »
Look at this delicious hot dog. I love polaks!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd