Author Topic: The Trump Candidacy  (Read 434727 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Candidacy
« Reply #2100 on: March 16, 2016, 09:32:58 AM »
Would Trump's election shake global confidence in the USA, economically?

You have to be very aware of ppl that are unpredictable.  It would effect all our relationships(good and bad) at least a little.

Again, Brittan has been mulling over actually banning Trump from entering their country for about a year now.  That is the guy that is about to be elected the actual leader of our country.  One that is seen at that level by one of our greatest allies.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: March 16, 2016, 09:33:12 AM »
I originally thought I could stomach voting trump over Hilary because I thought Trump was just posturing and would basically turn out to be a moderate in the general.  I'm not so sure anymore what exactly he will actually do which means I just can't do it even knowing how awful Hilary is.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: March 16, 2016, 09:35:33 AM »
I hate the idea of the Repubs brokering a convention. It feels like it takes the ppl out of the system to me.  However, you almost have to hope for the ppl to be taken out of the system if they want a Trump.  I mean, I don't, but still.  WTF is going on anymore?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: March 16, 2016, 09:40:55 AM »
If this makes it to a brokered convention, the scenario in my mind is saying "ok Trump supporters, good for you but you're not Republicans. Just go make your own party and GTFO."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: March 16, 2016, 09:42:51 AM »
Also, when most people are registered as independents why is it such a given that a 3rd party candidate has no chance? It's like the people already don't have a voice or at least they think they don't.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: March 16, 2016, 09:54:49 AM »

I hate the idea of the Repubs brokering a convention. It feels like it takes the ppl out of the system to me.  However, you almost have to hope for the ppl to be taken out of the system if they want a Trump.  I mean, I don't, but still.  WTF is going on anymore?

But isn't the real "system" just the general election?  We have contested primaries, but is there really anything stopping a party from picking one candidate from the start?
:adios:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: March 16, 2016, 09:59:45 AM »
Also, when most people are registered as independents why is it such a given that a 3rd party candidate has no chance? It's like the people already don't have a voice or at least they think they don't.
Money

Until a third party starts earning the way the d's and r's do, they have no chance.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: March 16, 2016, 10:17:27 AM »

Money

Until a third party starts earning the way the d's and r's do, they have no chance.

Bernie Sanders raised money by getting like a million donations of $27 each. The only reason a third party couldn't do the same is because there is some kind of mass hysteria among the public who think a third party cannot raise money or otherwise have a chance to win.

You could literally have 10-20 million people who would consider donating to/ voting for a guy like Gary Johnson but don't do it because they are afraid of throwing their vote/money away.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2108 on: March 16, 2016, 10:22:09 AM »
I originally thought I could stomach voting trump over Hilary because I thought Trump was just posturing and would basically turn out to be a moderate in the general.  I'm not so sure anymore what exactly he will actually do which means I just can't do it even knowing how awful Hilary is.

A critical analysis of hill makes me wonder if your preconceptions are correct. There is a large public record of hill taking the exact opposite pozition on literally every issue she is currently planking on, with some of these switcheroos rather fresh.  Common sense would dictate that she is also highly unpredictable.

While the Donald certainly seems volatile, I wonder if his actual business practices may indicate a more consistent and predictable behavior pattern. Perhaps he is the candidate that affords more certainty.

This is truly a hobson's choice.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #2109 on: March 16, 2016, 10:23:02 AM »

Money

Bernie Sanders raised money by getting like a million donations of $27 each. The only reason a third party couldn't do the same is because there is some kind of mass hysteria among the public who think a third party cannot raise money or otherwise have a chance to win.

You could literally have 10-20 million people who would consider donating to/ voting for a guy like Gary Johnson but don't do it because they are afraid of throwing their vote/money away.

Buy a calculator, bro
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: March 16, 2016, 10:24:48 AM »

Money

That is a small amt of the money.  The PAC money is huge.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: March 16, 2016, 10:29:49 AM »

Money

Yea the Ds are gonna spend in the range of a One Billion dollars (Dr. Evil voice). The party apparatus is also huge for getting out vote and such.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: March 16, 2016, 10:32:33 AM »
If this makes it to a brokered convention, the scenario in my mind is saying "ok Trump supporters, good for you but you're not Republicans. Just go make your own party and GTFO."

Yeah, and hopefully that would happen. The republican party is better off without Trump and his supporters.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: March 16, 2016, 10:35:25 AM »
$270 to $500 million would be a pretty decent amount of private money, and I don't see why an independent candidate would necessarily not have the support of any super PACs or other businesses.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: March 16, 2016, 10:45:07 AM »
Lot of uneasiness in the pit this morning  :users:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2115 on: March 16, 2016, 11:35:07 AM »
Gonna be sad when all the lemmings line up for HFP2016 who is every bit as unelectable as Trump if not more so.

:lol: things a mindless partisan says

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: March 16, 2016, 11:45:48 AM »
Hillary seems pretty predictable IMO. She's going to walk the party line and create waste by enriching herself and her friends in the process. Basically, politician stuff. With Trump I literally don't know if he is going to start a war with Mexico on day 1 or if he is going to start it on day 15.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: March 16, 2016, 11:48:26 AM »
Agreed,  he's too unpredictable. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: March 16, 2016, 12:13:25 PM »
Let's restart this bitch. We get Colin Powell and you guys can take Biden.  :comeatme:

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: March 16, 2016, 01:54:31 PM »
Let's restart this bitch. We get Colin Powell and you guys can take Biden.  :comeatme:

Nah..we will take a Trump v Hillary and let the cards fall where they do.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: March 16, 2016, 02:24:32 PM »

trump & sanders, if nothing else, have proven that you don't need enormous quantities of money to run for national political office.  and that having enormous quantities of money is not an insurmountable advantage.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: March 16, 2016, 02:28:50 PM »

trump & sanders, if nothing else, have proven that you don't need enormous quantities of money to run for national political office.  and that having enormous quantities of money is not an insurmountable advantage.

To a certain extent.  I would imagine that most of the money that will be spent in this campaign has yet to be spent, though.

Online wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: March 16, 2016, 02:45:01 PM »
Twitter and Facebook have allowed candidates to circumvent traditional media and speak directly to the people.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: March 16, 2016, 02:58:00 PM »
Twitter and Facebook have allowed candidates to circumvent traditional media and speak directly to the people.

Both existed last pres election and yet a record was set on money spent.   :dunno:

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."