Author Topic: The Trump Candidacy  (Read 444312 times)

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Candidacy
« Reply #1800 on: March 04, 2016, 01:26:40 PM »
the entire idea of the wall is so amazingly absurd. I'm posting this here instead of the wall thread because I don't want to ruin the awesome stuff the wall thread has going on.
And the wall isn't even number 1 most absurd thing as far as his immigration plan is concerned.  I think that distinction belongs to his plan to round up the illegals like we're the damn brownshirts and ship them south.

Yeah he's not actually going to do that. This is probably what he told the NYT off the record and it's why he refuses to authorize the NYT to release the audio.

It's also why, as a politician, you should never treat off the record interviews like their actually off the record.

He said pretty clearly last night that he still isn't a politician. 

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 04, 2016, 01:27:37 PM »
Yesterday I learned that a close friend of mine is starting to become a trump supporter. I'm very upset

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 04, 2016, 01:34:43 PM »
Yesterday I learned that a close friend of mine is starting to become a trump supporter. I'm very upset

They're all around us. A number of people in my neighborhood are Trump supporters. These are reasonably intelligent, successful people. The best I can figure, they don't follow politics closely enough to understand how phony he is, and they're kinda going with a "burn it all down" mentality.

Or as Lib7 would say - they're obviously yuuuge racists.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: March 04, 2016, 01:36:18 PM »
It's obviously the first thing you should look into when you learn someone is a trump supporter
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 04, 2016, 01:43:43 PM »

They're all around us. A number of people in my neighborhood are Trump supporters. These are reasonably intelligent, successful people. The best I can figure, they don't follow politics closely enough to understand how phony he is, and they're kinda going with a "burn it all down" mentality.

Or as Lib7 would say - they're obviously yuuuge racists.
This dude follows politics, but is a libertarian/just wants a shakeup in DC. Thinks trump is the only candidate that will deliver that. Funny thing is he still somewhat likes Bernie too.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: March 04, 2016, 01:45:44 PM »
That guy isn't much of a libertarian, then.

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: March 04, 2016, 01:50:44 PM »
Can someone just compile a video of Trump saying incredibly vulgar things so that I can send it to my very Christian mother?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: March 04, 2016, 01:53:57 PM »
You guys should read that Intercept piece. He's basically taking Republican policy just one step further while speaking without a filter. When you think about it, it's amazing people are so scared of what he would do.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: March 04, 2016, 01:56:12 PM »
Which of his policies are crazy to the republican party?

Build a wall to keep out illegals?

Starting unnecessary wars?

Torturing prisoners of war?

Killing the families of suspected terrorists?

I mean, Obama pretty much does all of that crap, just a lightweight version.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 04, 2016, 01:57:31 PM »
You guys should read that Intercept piece. He's basically taking Republican policy just one step further while speaking without a filter. When you think about it, it's amazing people are so scared of what he would do.

i read it.  i don't think there is anything amazing about party leaders seeing some uncontrollable populist running hog wild on themes that they carefully exploited to get votes they otherwise may not have been able to gather and being scared by it.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: March 04, 2016, 02:02:16 PM »
The establishment doesn't hate Trump because he is an extremist or "tells it like it is." He has always done that. The establishment hates Trump because he is starting to make a huge number of people wonder whether they are even Republicans anymore.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: March 04, 2016, 02:04:07 PM »

i read it.  i don't think there is anything amazing about party leaders seeing some uncontrollable populist running hog wild on themes that they carefully exploited to get votes they otherwise may not have been able to gather and being scared by it.

I'm thinking more of the average republican voter that is seemingly repulsed at Trump. It's what they've been voting for.

I understand why party leadership is acting repulsed.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 04, 2016, 02:05:34 PM »
Can someone just compile a video of Trump saying incredibly vulgar things so that I can send it to my very Christian mother?

Just have her follow him on twitter.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: March 04, 2016, 02:11:38 PM »

I'm thinking more of the average republican voter that is seemingly repulsed at Trump. It's what they've been voting for.

I'm assuming you are trying to make a subtle dig regarding the perceived intelligence/ decency of a typical Republican voter.

I think there are plenty of reasons to not like Trump even if most of his policy proposals follow the party line.  He shows a fundamental misunderstanding of a lot of the things he talks about, he lies constantly about things that are easily proven false, and he regularly makes rude and insulting comments often without any provocation.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: March 04, 2016, 02:14:26 PM »

I'm assuming you are trying to make a subtle dig regarding the perceived intelligence/ decency of a typical Republican voter.

I think there are plenty of reasons to not like Trump even if most of his policy proposals follow the party line.  He shows a fundamental misunderstanding of a lot of the things he talks about, he lies constantly about things that are easily proven false, and he regularly makes rude and insulting comments often without any provocation.

It's a dig at the republican platform, for sure.

So #nevertrump, to you, is mostly about him being a rude liar?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1815 on: March 04, 2016, 02:18:56 PM »

I only vote for RINOs, though.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: March 04, 2016, 02:24:28 PM »

I would just say more broadly it is about being a horrible representative of what the party stands for. It is alienating to a bunch of people, not just the hard core establishment.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: March 04, 2016, 02:33:46 PM »

I would just say more broadly it is about being a horrible representative of what the party stands for. It is alienating to a bunch of people, not just the hard core establishment.

yeah, is he alienating people by being rude?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: March 04, 2016, 02:35:54 PM »
By being an unqualified and horrible person for the party that typically promotes religious values (and, quite frankly, meritocracy).

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: March 04, 2016, 02:36:44 PM »
He's not alienating the awful racists that get pandered to every election, if that's who you are referring to, mighigancat. That's why he's winning.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: March 04, 2016, 02:36:58 PM »
Yeah the rudeness is a funny thing.  I think it helps him more than it hurts him.  And the problem is that people mistake his "rudeness" for "genuineness."  But being a dick doesn't make you any more genuine than being civil does, it just makes you a dick.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: March 04, 2016, 03:05:29 PM »
Trump isnt winning a general, no matter what anybody tells you about YUGE white turnout.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/03/donald-trump-needs-7-of-10-white-guys-213699?o=2
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 03:26:59 PM by chuckjames »

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: March 04, 2016, 03:10:01 PM »
If I'm on team #BID, which candidate should I vote for? 
@mikec2w

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: March 04, 2016, 03:16:28 PM »
If I'm on team #BID, which candidate should I vote for?

It sort of depends on why you want to #BID.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: March 04, 2016, 03:17:53 PM »

lol, that logic puts no value on moderation and reduces the world down into binary decisions

There is no value in moderation when it comes to torture or starting bogus wars IMO. Like, what would you consider to be moderate torture?