Author Topic: The Trump Candidacy  (Read 434972 times)

Online Fedor

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Candidacy
« Reply #1525 on: March 02, 2016, 02:08:35 PM »
Wouldn't that be a terrible idea?  Basically split the Republican party in half and ensure a win for Hilary?

Not if he thinks Hillary would be a better president than Donald.

Hilary will already beat Donald, so why would he destroy the Republican party in the process?
Hilary might lose to Donald.

I don't think this is remotely possible.
We have only seen primary election Donald, who knows what general election Donald has in store.
I was wrong and I apologize. - michigancat 8/22/14

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: March 02, 2016, 02:12:35 PM »
Wouldn't that be a terrible idea?  Basically split the Republican party in half and ensure a win for Hilary?

Hilary will already beat Donald, so why would he destroy the Republican party in the process?

Trump has already destroyed the republican party. Romney would just be trying to salvage what is left of it.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: March 02, 2016, 02:15:48 PM »

We have only seen primary election Donald, who knows what general election Donald has in store.

We saw general election Donald last night. Very populist economic message. And not a lot of crazy, other than threatening the current speaker of the house. But alas ole Don has no time for checks and balances.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: March 02, 2016, 02:19:56 PM »

We saw general election Donald last night. Very populist economic message. And not a lot of crazy, other than threatening the current speaker of the house. But alas ole Don has no time for checks and balances.

Insert Chant or Dax post about Obama not respecting checks and balances either here--->

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: March 02, 2016, 02:28:53 PM »
The Trump/non-Trump Republican split is like 30/70. A reason for one to want to break away and destroy the Republican party as we know it is that one thinks it deserves deserves to be destroyed.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1530 on: March 02, 2016, 02:46:45 PM »
The accusation that [insert pub candidate here] is racist is the laziest, most predictable and typical comment from the left. Everyone except for their mindless idiot constituency is completely bored and deaf to the accusation. The left is the boy who cried wolf, the chicken who said the sky is falling. This a reason trump is doing well, people are tired of being attacked for not stepping into line without whatever crazy ass contrived issue the left is railing against.

In the case of Trump, I assume the racism accusations largely stem from his comments about the number of criminals illegally crossing the border into our country. That statement is undeniably true, and properly identifies a serious health, safety and welfare issue that is not being properly addressed by our federal government, and which federal government is actually obstructing the efforts of border states efforts to address.

Everyone is free to be distracted by the libtard  from real tangible issues. Just know that you effort to bigot and stereotype other people into becoming bigots in fact is failing before your eyes.

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: March 02, 2016, 02:50:10 PM »
The accusation that [insert pub candidate here] is racist is the laziest, most predictable and typical comment from the left. Everyone except for their mindless idiot constituency is completely bored and deaf to the accusation. The left is the boy who cried wolf, the chicken who said the sky is falling. This a reason trump is doing well, people are tired of being attacked for not stepping into line without whatever crazy ass contrived issue the left is railing against.

In the case of Trump, I assume the racism accusations largely stem from his comments about the number of criminals illegally crossing the border into our country. That statement is undeniably true, and properly identifies a serious health, safety and welfare issue that is not being properly addressed by our federal government, and which federal government is actually obstructing the efforts of border states efforts to address.

Everyone is free to be distracted by the libtard  from real tangible issues. Just know that you effort to bigot and stereotype other people into becoming bigots in fact is failing before your eyes.
I'm certainly right of center and I think Trump's rhetoric appeals to racists.  I don't think that's contentious, given the KKK dude's endorsement.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: March 02, 2016, 02:58:54 PM »
The word racist gets thrown around a lot, no doubt. But it clearly applies to Donald Trump. Do you think the KKK just goes around willy-nilly endorsing candidates? They do their homework.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: March 02, 2016, 03:02:09 PM »

who said that trump is racist? I certainly don't think he is and don't think he believes 90% of what he says. his pandering to the uneducated racists in attempt to get their vote is pretty obvious though and they are coming out to support him in droves.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:05:10 PM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: March 02, 2016, 03:07:56 PM »
I would be so pumped to vote for Mitt Romney (I)
:adios:

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: March 02, 2016, 03:08:27 PM »
(Given the horrible circumstances)
:adios:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: March 02, 2016, 03:13:12 PM »

I'm sure racism isn't a voting issue for the former KKK leader.  He is supporting Trump for economic policies or something.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: March 02, 2016, 03:14:05 PM »

who said that trump is racist? I certainly don't think he is and don't think he believes 90% of what he says. his pandering to the uneducated racists in attempt to get their vote is pretty obvious though and they are coming out to support him in droves.

Is there a line between pretending to be racist and being racist?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: March 02, 2016, 03:15:06 PM »

It can be used well for comedy
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: March 02, 2016, 03:16:49 PM »
Question for Chant, would you vote for Donald Trump over Barack Hussein Obama?

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: March 02, 2016, 03:21:55 PM »
Question for Chant, would you vote for Donald Trump over Barack Hussein Obama?
that's obviously true

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: March 02, 2016, 03:29:27 PM »

lol. literally the very first thing trump said after his campaign announcement was that immigrants crossing our southern border were rapists (with some, I assume, good people sprinkled in there). not "there's a bunch of people escaping cartel violence in mexico and central america (with some criminals sprinkled in there)." so who's stereotyping who?

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: March 02, 2016, 03:31:01 PM »
if a conservative does run as a third party independent, then Hillary should press Bernie to see if he'll be her vice right away.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: March 02, 2016, 03:31:23 PM »

It's the same line that bisects perception and reality.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: March 02, 2016, 03:34:52 PM »
Trump may just be pretending to be racist. If he is, it's not nearly as obvious as his pretending to be Christian is, though.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: March 02, 2016, 03:40:42 PM »
Trump may just be pretending to be racist. If he is, it's not nearly as obvious as his pretending to be Christian is, though.
"Last April, perhaps in a surge of Czech nationalism, Ivana Trump told her lawyer Michael Kennedy that from time to time her husband reads a book of Hitler's collected speeches, My New Order, which he keeps in a cabinet by his bed ... Hitler's speeches, from his earliest days up through the Phony War of 1939, reveal his extraordinary ability as a master propagandist," Marie Brenner wrote.
http://www.businessinsider.com/donald-trumps-ex-wife-once-said-he-kept-a-book-of-hitlers-speeches-by-his-bed-2015-8
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: March 02, 2016, 03:46:41 PM »
the completely made up Christian beliefs support Daris's hypothesis

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: March 02, 2016, 03:48:17 PM »
It was a great moment after the last debate when Trump was getting interviewed and claimed that the IRS was targeting him with audits due to his strong Christian beliefs.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1548 on: March 02, 2016, 03:53:49 PM »
if a conservative does run as a third party independent, then Hillary should press Bernie to see if he'll be her vice right away.

If the Dems were more organized and smart about it, they'd probably push for Elizabeth Warren.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: March 02, 2016, 03:56:42 PM »
It was a great moment after the last debate when Trump was getting interviewed and claimed that the IRS was targeting him with audits due to his strong Christian beliefs.

Yes! This was fantastic!
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite