Author Topic: The Trump Candidacy  (Read 441457 times)

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Candidacy
« Reply #1475 on: March 02, 2016, 12:24:09 AM »
Trump was on the today show on Tuesday. They asked him about David Duke and race relations. He answered "no one has done more for minorities than me." He then illustrated this by talking about a club he built in South Florida and virtually anyone can get into the club, that was it, his self-proclaimed platform of race issues; a club that nearly everyone can get into.

A "club", obviously if they have the money. Classic Trump. All this guy cares about is himself and how rich he can be.  :facepalm:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: March 02, 2016, 08:08:08 AM »
Lol, I wonder what they did to get removed, does cnn feel like they got to the bottom of this story? Really lazy.....
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: March 02, 2016, 08:53:25 AM »
Watching the pundits on CNN try to psychoanalyze people voting for Trump is pretty great.

"Well, it's race."

"It's a populist revolution."

"It's the disenfranchised."

This is something that's going to be studied for a long time.  It's a fascinating case study that covers a lot of areas.

It's not really that fascinating. It's immigration and disgust with the GOP. The fascinating part is that the GOP "establishment" didn't see this backlash coming.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: March 02, 2016, 08:59:09 AM »
The establishment has been turning a blind eye to the growing racist element of their party, and now they are stuck with the result
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: March 02, 2016, 09:01:50 AM »
I bet the pubs wished they took a less harsh stance on the morning after pill.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: March 02, 2016, 09:02:43 AM »
The establishment has been turning a blind eye to the growing racist element of their party, and now they are stuck with the result

Yeah, Trump is the candidate we deserve.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: March 02, 2016, 09:20:20 AM »
Uh huh - keep blaming raaaacism.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: March 02, 2016, 09:20:56 AM »
Blaming?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: March 02, 2016, 09:33:39 AM »

Watching the pundits on CNN try to psychoanalyze people voting for Trump is pretty great.

"Well, it's race."

"It's a populist revolution."

"It's the disenfranchised."

This is something that's going to be studied for a long time.  It's a fascinating case study that covers a lot of areas.

Conclusion: people are dumb, and if you are on TV long enough repeating over and over how great you are and how much people love you then people start to believe it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: March 02, 2016, 10:49:04 AM »
Trump debating Hillary is going top be can't miss tv.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: March 02, 2016, 10:50:33 AM »
The whole trump thing boils down to the fact that you have millions of uneducated and mild to medium racist white people spread across the entire country who have spent the last eight years of their lives fuming over that uppity you know what that is in charge of "their" country.

Trump is the lowest common denominator who is more than happy to pander to these idiots and tell them whatever he thinks they want to hear and they are lapping it up. Build a wall! Kill Muslims! Make America great again! It's all kind of just code for this is a country for white people and everyone else should know their roles.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: March 02, 2016, 10:59:41 AM »
2016 and we are going to have a nominee with the Klan's endorsement

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: March 02, 2016, 11:06:07 AM »
The whole trump thing boils down to the fact that you have millions of uneducated and mild to medium racist white people spread across the entire country who have spent the last eight years of their lives fuming over that uppity you know what that is in charge of "their" country.

Trump is the lowest common denominator who is more than happy to pander to these idiots and tell them whatever he thinks they want to hear and they are lapping it up. Build a wall! Kill Muslims! Make America great again! It's all kind of just code for this is a country for white people and everyone else should know their roles.
Political comfort food.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: March 02, 2016, 11:14:53 AM »
Is their data segmenting trumps electorate thus far?  I thought he was getting a fairly decent subset of each minority group within each state.  I guess it feels disingenuous to say the majority of his votes this far are poor uneducated white people.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: March 02, 2016, 11:17:28 AM »
Uh huh - keep blaming raaaacism.
Do you honestly think this isn't an issue?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: March 02, 2016, 11:23:15 AM »
Is their data segmenting trumps electorate thus far?  I thought he was getting a fairly decent subset of each minority group within each state.  I guess it feels disingenuous to say the majority of his votes this far are poor uneducated white people.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/who-are-donald-trumps-supporters-really/471714/

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: March 02, 2016, 11:26:00 AM »

I didn't say poor. I said uneducated and mild to medium level racist. although I guess you could also add high level racists into the mix, but I don't think there are as many of them. also, you should read the link McKee just posted.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:37:49 AM by Rick RowdyBoyy Daris »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: March 02, 2016, 11:31:14 AM »
A fascinating sub-plot is the closet trump supporters passively attempt to make him sound good.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: March 02, 2016, 11:37:13 AM »
A fascinating sub-plot is the closet trump supporters passively attempt to make him sound good.

Well conservatives are pragmatic and will vote for whoever the republican nominee is. Liberals however march lockstep and force everyone to vote the democrat nominee and also straight line vote for democrats (republicans don't do that tho)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: March 02, 2016, 11:38:48 AM »

Well conservatives are pragmatic and will vote for whoever the republican nominee is. Liberals however march lockstep and force everyone to vote the democrat nominee and also straight line vote for democrats (republicans don't do that tho)

I absolutely know this and if I vote, it will be for Trump (if h wins the nomination).  I will do it mocking him the entire time though.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: March 02, 2016, 11:48:53 AM »
Vancouver is really nice you guys. Not many true Canadians there also. True melting pot.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: March 02, 2016, 12:11:32 PM »

what!  Several pub states, like Kansas, are pushing to bring back party line voting buttons/boxes solely to do this.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting