Author Topic: The Trump Candidacy  (Read 441405 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Candidacy
« Reply #1450 on: March 01, 2016, 09:07:48 PM »

Lol forever at anyone who believes this isn't a contrived plot to get Hillary elected.

:love: :love: :love: :love: straight to the conspiracy thread!

Not really much of a conspiracy given what is already known.   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 01, 2016, 09:12:12 PM »
Historical strong supporter of the Clintons and "big talk" with Bill. 

You living under a rough ridin' rock, Memphis? 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 01, 2016, 09:18:39 PM »
To be fair, Hilary is basically a pro-choice neocon.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 01, 2016, 09:32:21 PM »
It's very telling what lengths the establishment will stoop to in order to stop Donald.  We are about to gain back control of our country from these two parties that have sold us out for longer than I've been alive.  I'll settle for damn near any candidate that can accomplish this, it's just a bonus that Trump is also one magnificent son of a bitch!  :billdance:
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 01, 2016, 10:01:46 PM »
Man, Hillary is one diabolical son of a bitch
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: March 01, 2016, 10:04:45 PM »
Dax is absolutely adorable :love: totes weirdo and super bad at political trolling. I can't believe this crap works at phog.net, fellow weirdo birds of a feather flocking together.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 01, 2016, 10:15:04 PM »
This things over. Is a third party candidate even viable at this point? Can they still get on all 50 ballots?

Yes.  I mean, we are still weeks away from any candidate getting on any ballot.  Why should an independent or third party have to name a candidate before republicans or democrats?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 01, 2016, 10:26:15 PM »
Phognet?  So effing weird. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: March 01, 2016, 10:35:56 PM »
Right!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 01, 2016, 10:37:50 PM »
Lol

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: March 01, 2016, 10:55:01 PM »
This things over. Is a third party candidate even viable at this point? Can they still get on all 50 ballots?

Yes.  I mean, we are still weeks away from any candidate getting on any ballot.  Why should an independent or third party have to name a candidate before republicans or democrats?
thresholds though....
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: March 01, 2016, 10:55:35 PM »
It's very telling what lengths the establishment will stoop to in order to stop Donald.  We are about to gain back control of our country from these two parties that have sold us out for longer than I've been alive.  I'll settle for damn near any candidate that can accomplish this, it's just a bonus that Trump is also one magnificent son of a bitch!  :billdance:

I......I....I don't think you're trolling.....
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: March 01, 2016, 10:57:56 PM »

I......I....I don't think you're trolling.....
I'm not, dumbass

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1463 on: March 01, 2016, 11:06:52 PM »
The other night cspan was playing one of Trump's speeches at Regis university or something. I was surprised at how bright eyed, optimistic and confident (and of course devoid of substance) the speech was. Just reading news bites about him, you'd think all he does is lob insults, say xenophibic crap and talk about is how shitty the country is. That appears to be an egregious misrepresentation of his message.  I'm a little concerned that the more exposure he gets, the more this will become apparent to the broader electorate and the more likely he is to win (this is likely already happening). I think attacking him as a racist is a mistake that will backfire. His outsider shtick is something both parties and all people in general  have been clamoring for. It's really quite brilliant on his part.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: March 01, 2016, 11:11:35 PM »

The other night cspan was playing one of Trump's species at Regis university or something. I was surprised at how bright eyed, optimistic and confident (and of course devoid of substance) the speech was. Just reading news bites about him, you'd think all he does is lob insults, say xenophibic crap and talk about is how shitty the country is. That appears to be an egregious misrepresentation of his message.  I'm a little concerned that the more exposure he gets, the more this will become apparent to the broader electorate and the more likely he is to win. I think attacking him as a racist is a mistake that will backfire.

This would make sense if Trump were not in fact a racist, mysoginistic, xenophobic narcissist. But he is, so I don't see how calling him those things would backfire.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 01, 2016, 11:13:09 PM »
Knock yourself out catastrophe

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1466 on: March 01, 2016, 11:20:00 PM »
The problem with that stance (misconception) is that he can point to myriad real life experiences as examples why that's not the case. In his speech they were a flowing stream of consciousness.

The other candidates only have Maria Antoinette like platitudes (fight gender/wealth/racial equality boop beep boop).

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 01, 2016, 11:26:40 PM »
Gosh I mean who wouldn't want a DC elitest neo-con pathological liar, who treats minorities as intellectually unequal and who promoted with great zeal incarceration nation that has hurt minority communities the most and who likely hates men?

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 01, 2016, 11:28:42 PM »
The problem with that stance (misconception) is that he can point to myriad real life experiences as examples why that's not the case. In his speech they were a flowing stream of consciousness.

The other candidates only have Maria Antoinette like platitudes (fight gender/wealth/racial equality boop beep boop).

Except you can easily point to as many, if not more examples of him being a failure, committing double speak (in the real and 1984 context) and a number of other issues.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 01, 2016, 11:46:01 PM »

Except you can easily point to as many, if not more examples of him being a failure, committing double speak (in the real and 1984 context) and a number of other issues.

Americans don't care about this, ergo, Obama.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: March 01, 2016, 11:51:56 PM »

Americans don't care about this, ergo, Obama.
Yeah not so much.  The best example might be Gitmo, but he was pretty well backed into a corner by Congress on extending that one.  No where near the conflict Trump imposes on logic.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: March 01, 2016, 11:56:13 PM »
Trump was on the today show on Tuesday. They asked him about David Duke and race relations. He answered "no one has done more for minorities than me." He then illustrated this by talking about a club he built in South Florida and virtually anyone can get into the club, that was it, his self-proclaimed platform of race issues; a club that nearly everyone can get into.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: March 01, 2016, 11:58:20 PM »
there was a thing on cnn this morning about some black students being kicked out of one of trump's speeches.  not protesters.  just young black humans in attendance.

i'll see if i can find a link.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1474 on: March 02, 2016, 12:11:37 AM »
Watching the pundits on CNN try to psychoanalyze people voting for Trump is pretty great.

"Well, it's race."

"It's a populist revolution."

"It's the disenfranchised."

This is something that's going to be studied for a long time.  It's a fascinating case study that covers a lot of areas.