Author Topic: The Trump Candidacy  (Read 444573 times)

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
Re: The Trump Candidacy
« Reply #1175 on: February 24, 2016, 10:43:18 AM »
Did anyone catch the "i love the uneducated" quote from last night? Priceless. Trump may be the only person who ever runs for POTUS and can get away with saying absolutely anything.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 24, 2016, 10:51:06 AM »
Did anyone catch the "i love the uneducated" quote from last night? Priceless. Trump may be the only person who ever runs for POTUS and can get away with saying absolutely anything.

He's a jackass but this is a good article about why that resonates:

https://reason.com/blog/2016/02/24/trump-i-love-the-poorly-educated-so-shou

What Beck and other Trump critics miss is that Trump is essentially sending the same message as Sanders: The Donald feels your pain. More than that, he feels your anger, your resentment, your sense of losing through no fault of your own—The Donald also feels this too. More than that, he loves you. He's proud of you. And he's going to make things right for you, through a mix of great deal-making and ball-busting and force and whatever it takes. Because you, my poorly educated friends and my highly educated friends, the young and the old—you're all part of America and nobody loves America more than Trump. He wants to make it great again, after all, whereas all these other candidates do is bitch and moan about how awful this type of person is or that type of person is.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 24, 2016, 11:00:00 AM »
Trump should be sponsored by Bud Light and National Tire and Battery.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 24, 2016, 11:02:22 AM »
It's going to be strange voting for Clinton in November. Didn't really see that coming 6 months ago.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 24, 2016, 11:03:27 AM »

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/how-america-made-donald-trump-unstoppable-20160224

This is an amazing piece about how Trump happened. I think the GOP establishment overestimated how many of their voters actually care about so called "conservative values". This is cycle was always going to be about a populist candidate to take on the oligarchy. We needed a Teddy like candidate and we got a Trump.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 24, 2016, 11:04:26 AM »
When it comes to being angry, there's Smart Angry and Stupid Angry. Trump and Bernie capture the Stupid Angry. And I'm very uncomfortable just how much Stupid Angry there is in this country. There is a LOT.

Trump and Bernie correctly diagnose the problem and give voice to the anger people feel, but they either have the wrong solutions (mostly Bernie) or it's not at all clear that they have a solution (mostly Trump). Stupid Angry Don't Care.

Trump is not a conservative. Stupid Angry Don't Care. Trump has no problem with crony capitalism - he just thinks he can make better deals and pick winners and losers better than Obama. SADC. Trump has no plan for replacing Obamacare. SADC. Trump has no real foreign policy solutions - only the correct diagnosis that we're retreating 'round the world. SADC. Trump has no actual plan to stop digging deeper into debt. SADC. Trump says he'll be tough on immigration, but his plan mostly consists of pissing way billions on a physical wall through the desert. SADC.

But at the end of the day, if the Stupid Angrys get their way and Trump is the nominee, I'll vote for him. Because even as terrible as he is, he's preferable in my opinion to The Liar. And that's saying something.

But can you even imagine that GOP convention? Who are the keynote speakers for Trump? :lol:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 11:07:28 AM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 24, 2016, 11:07:30 AM »
Can you even imagine the drive home from your polling location knowing that you actually just voted for Trump. 

Can you get clean after that?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 24, 2016, 11:10:12 AM »
Hillary is status quo. Status quo hasn't been bad to me. It's a lot less scary than Donald Trump as POTUS.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 24, 2016, 11:11:10 AM »
When it comes to being angry, there's Smart Angry and Stupid Angry. Trump and Bernie capture the Stupid Angry. And I'm very uncomfortable just how much Stupid Angry there is in this country. There is a LOT.

Trump and Bernie correctly diagnose the problem and give voice to the anger people feel, but they either have the wrong solutions (mostly Bernie) or it's not at all clear that they have a solution (mostly Trump). Stupid Angry Don't Care.

Trump is not a conservative. Stupid Angry Don't Care. Trump has no problem with crony capitalism - he just thinks he can make better deals and pick winners and losers better than Obama. SADC. Trump has no plan for replacing Obamacare. SADC. Trump has no real foreign policy solutions - only the correct diagnosis that we're retreating 'round the world. SADC. Trump has no actual plan to stop digging deeper into debt. SADC. Trump says he'll be tough on immigration, but his plan mostly consists of pissing way billions on a physical wall through the desert. SADC.

But at the end of the day, if the Stupid Angrys get their way and Trump is the nominee, I'll vote for him. Because even as terrible as he is, he's preferable in my opinion to The Liar. And that's saying something.

But can you even imagine that GOP convention? Who are the keynote speakers for Trump? :lol:

Stupid Conservative Don't Care
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: February 24, 2016, 11:12:56 AM »
What's hilarious is that Trump has so obviously been patronizing the dumb side of the pubs.  No one has any clue if he is any different than Hill politically at all. 

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: February 24, 2016, 11:15:52 AM »
Can you even imagine the drive home from your polling location knowing that you actually just voted for Trump. 

Can you get clean after that?

Honestly? It won't be a good feeling. I live in Kansas so I suppose I don't really need to vote at all for pres, but I do feel I have a moral obligation to vote against The Liar.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: February 24, 2016, 11:21:27 AM »

Which proves my point. The people that actually vote for the GOP arent really that conservative. They dont care about Buckley or Laffer curves. They just want their lives to be better. I know you will argue conservationism does this. But they dont see it that way.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: February 24, 2016, 11:24:06 AM »
What's hilarious is that Trump has so obviously been patronizing the dumb side of the pubs.  No one has any clue if he is any different than Hill politically at all. 

I think he is pretty far off from her on taxation, immigration, foreign policy but probably very similar on social issues like abortion, gay marriage, and healthcare
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: February 24, 2016, 11:27:39 AM »

Which proves my point. The people that actually vote for the GOP arent really that conservative. They dont care about Buckley or Laffer curves. They just want their lives to be better. I know you will argue conservationism does this. But they dont see it that way.

If your point is that some GOP voters are more conservative than others, congratulations. That's some very profound insight. About 60% of the GOP has voted for somebody besides Trump in the first four contests.

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: February 24, 2016, 11:28:04 AM »
I really have no words to describe the despair I feel about having to pick among Trump, Cruz, or Clinton in the general. This really could be a year for a third party / independent to make a respectable run.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: February 24, 2016, 11:30:49 AM »

I think he is pretty far off from her on taxation, immigration, foreign policy but probably very similar on social issues like abortion, gay marriage, and healthcare

So you're saying he's nearly perfect?   :love:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: February 24, 2016, 11:32:20 AM »

No, no, no. Didn't you hear Trump on abortion? He used to be pro-choice, but then he met a kid who's mother decided not to abort him, and that kid was "a total superstar!" So now he's decided that it's not Ok to murder babies in the womb. And on healthcare, Trump has clearly stated that Obamacare is "a disaster" and "we're going to do something SO MUCH BETTER." I trust that answers your questions.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: February 24, 2016, 11:33:48 AM »
Trump is probably the candidate most likely to get America single payer healthcare.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: February 24, 2016, 11:34:46 AM »

No, no, no. Didn't you hear Trump on abortion? He used to be pro-choice, but then he met a kid who's mother decided not to abort him, and that kid was "a total superstar!" So now he's decided that it's not Ok to murder babies in the womb. And on healthcare, Trump has clearly stated that Obamacare is "a disaster" and "we're going to do something SO MUCH BETTER." I trust that answers your questions.

This American life just did a profile of a young black man that is gay that is a huge trump supporter, which was pretty interesting. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: February 24, 2016, 11:36:32 AM »
initially I was surprised that trump was winning all the republican battles and then I remembered that 95% of republicans are complete and total idiots and was like oh yeah I guess it makes sense.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: February 24, 2016, 11:49:41 AM »

Yeah, Trump has no stated plans.  Most of what comes out of his mouth is not something I see as transparently actually his thoughts.  They are his measured responses he thinks will get what he wants from the Dumb Conservative Don't Care Crew.  He is simply playing to win, not actually do anything.  He may fully alight with Hill on Immigration.  I mean, what happens when he meets the kid of a formerly illegal immigrant couple.  Maybe that kid will be a super star too?  Maybe he doesn't care about this at all already and just knows that ppl tuning in do(most likely, imo).  Now, apply that to most of the things he is saying, realize that he was a Crat not too long ago, and I think it is easy enough to see that he could easily be Hill in orange hair.

I am not saying this is the case.  I am saying he is pulling a huge, yet obvious to non morons, snow job and his form of governing after wining could take almost any form.  He isn't financially beholden to anyone either.  Literally, once he wins the primary, he needs nothing from anyone and therefore no one has leverage over him.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: February 24, 2016, 12:11:19 PM »
KSU wildcats made a way too long post about how trump sucks and stupid people will vote for him anyway, and then he ended by saying he was voting for him anyway.

Are we really letting that go unnoticed?

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: February 24, 2016, 12:16:02 PM »

If your point is that some GOP voters are more conservative than others, congratulations. That's some very profound insight. About 60% of the GOP has voted for somebody besides Trump in the first four contests.

No point was this country isnt as center right as conservatives want us to think. You seem very angry about having to vote for Trump.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 24, 2016, 12:16:34 PM »
initially I was surprised that trump was winning all the republican battles and then I remembered that 95% of republicans are complete and total idiots and was like oh yeah I guess it makes sense.

Complete And Total Idiots Don't Care
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: February 24, 2016, 12:18:05 PM »
So should I hold off on house hunting until WW3 is over?