Author Topic: Interesting KU booster tidbit  (Read 47858 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting KU booster tidbit
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 11:43:48 AM »
I'm all about the K-State Umbrella of Justice.  

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 11:49:24 AM »
 :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Sugar Dick

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 12:11:27 PM »
Would be funny if it was the Gorilla drummer from Showbiz Pizza

wow, great post

ditto

Sugar Dick is fast becoming a highly valued member of the board.  Plus, his name gives people an excuse to type "Sugar Dick" over and over.

Pete and I play softball with a gentleman named Sugar Dick Daddy.  He goes by Sugar D sometimes.  Wonder if it is that same dude?

Where do you play softball?  I need to meet this guy and evaluate whether he's worthy of such a prestigious nickname. . . unless it is  the same guy then I'll just look like a crazy person interrogating myself.

I can't believe kids were scared of this guy!  :lol:
Me when my mom put me on stage next to BillyBob -->  :bawl:

catzacker

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 12:27:12 PM »
Leaving the federal courthouse in Topeka in the rain, Cornwell quipped, “I should have brought my K-State umbrella.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what does that even mean?  also, loved this one:

“Rodney Jones resigns, an investigation starts and who sets that in motion? My client,” Cornwell said after the sentencing hearing. “And I get (blank) for that.”

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 12:33:25 PM »
Leaving the federal courthouse in Topeka in the rain, Cornwell quipped, “I should have brought my K-State umbrella.”

what does that even mean? 

eff KU, Go K-State :dunno:

catzacker

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 12:38:11 PM »

shazbot! KU, Go K-State :dunno:

yeah.  it just sorta had a "you're a terrible softball player, jack" kind of vibe.  like he was just so pissed he tried to say something really mean and it just comes across as petty (but hilarious to me and you).

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 12:42:52 PM »

shazbot! KU, Go K-State :dunno:

yeah.  it just sorta had a "you're a terrible softball player, jack" kind of vibe.  like he was just so pissed he tried to say something really mean and it just comes across as petty (but hilarious to me and you).

Yeah, I mean, that's what makes it funny(er)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 12:43:49 PM »
He's also saying that K-State is superior because of its Umbrella of Justice.  Don't be so literal.

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 04:02:31 PM »
Maybe someone could get BillyBob1 to post his story over here.  Love that the "source" is named BillyBob.  Would be funny if it was the Gorilla drummer from Showbiz Pizza

But... but.... but... Billy Bob wasn't the drummer!

He was the lead vocalist (along with Looney Bird) and guitar player. Regardless, Showbiz Pizza references are funny.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2010, 04:29:52 PM »
Please...if you don't know that the gorilla is Fats Geronimo, then you don't know Showbiz Pizza (Rock-a-Fire Explosion).

Sugar Dick

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2010, 04:45:31 PM »
Please...if you don't know that the gorilla is Fats Geronimo, then you don't know Showbiz Pizza (Rock-a-Fire Explosion).

OMG!!1  :lol: :lol: :lol: :love:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2010, 08:58:15 PM »
I would really love to seen Ben post on this thread. I mean, I would literally pay for that entertainment.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2010, 07:47:29 AM »
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/22/1896851_ku-ticket-scandal-involves-big.html?storylink=omni_popular

Potential crimes his client reportedly helped disclose, Cornwell said, included tax evasion, money laundering, theft and fraud.

:surprised:

Freeman built a seven-bedroom house that he eventually sold to KU basketball coach Bill Self.
“My wife and I were looking to build in that area, and this house became available,” Self said Thursday. “It was a house he had started to build, but then decided to sell before it was completed. So we bought the house unfinished, and our attorney and his handled all the paperwork.”

Right Bill, blame the lawyers.
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2010, 08:17:24 AM »
I'm no Bill Self fan, but he gets paid enough that he would not need the relative chump change in the portion people would suspect he received.  If there's "hundreds of thousands of dollars" involved, you know there's a lot of outstretched hands in that sewer called Lawrence, so he'd only get a small portion if he was involved.  I don't think he'd risk it.  Ditto on Lew--he just legally skimmed $4.9 million from those doofuses in Lawrence, why risk being the subject of a federal criminal investigation for a few thousand?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2010, 08:22:30 AM »
I'm no Bill Self fan, but he gets paid enough that he would not need the relative chump change in the portion people would suspect he received.  If there's "hundreds of thousands of dollars" involved, you know there's a lot of outstretched hands in that sewer called Lawrence, so he'd only get a small portion if he was involved.  I don't think he'd risk it.  Ditto on Lew--he just legally skimmed $4.9 million from those doofuses in Lawrence, why risk being the subject of a federal criminal investigation for a few thousand?

A 7 bedroom house in whatever area Self lives in would not be considered chump change, even when earning a $3M salary.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2010, 08:25:19 AM »

A 7 bedroom house in whatever area Self lives in would not be considered chump change, even when earning a $3M salary.

Nicest house in Lawrence from what I hear, but appraises for less than his annual salary, much less salary + incentives+ outside contracts.  I stand by my observation, but would absolutely love to be wrong.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2010, 08:28:49 AM »

Nicest house in Lawrence from what I hear, but appraises for less than his annual salary, much less salary + incentives+ outside contracts.  I stand by my observation, but would absolutely love to be wrong.

I am going to go ahead and assume we are talking about a $1M+ house.  Even if the guy makes $10M a year, he is still going to think that $1M is a pretty big deal.

People with money don't get, and keep, money by thinking the way you describe.  He isn't Pacman Jones.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2010, 08:31:48 AM »
Look at the big picture, and answer the question of whether this will affect giving to the ku athletic dept.  Does this officially kill the "Gridiron Club", even though it's a basketball scandal?  I think this is another avenue for the football program to get screwed because of the actions of the basketball program.   The bad part is that I doubt it will be much more of a speed bump on continuing financial misconduct in the basketball program (unless they manage to snag Doug Compton), and they will continue to move ahead.  Thoughts?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2010, 08:40:26 AM »
As mentioned on the other board, no one has given any indication as to where the money has gone.  This makes me think that this will get ugly enough for KU that it won't be considered a speed bump.  If it was simply the NCAA investigating, I would agree.   However, since the FBI is involved, I am thinking that there is enough indication of something illegal taking place that KU could be in some troub.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2010, 08:41:42 AM »
Interesting that this dirt bag's business partner was Morningstar....probably just ANOTHER coincidence.

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2010, 08:42:36 AM »
Somewhere in NC, Dax is smiling.
- chunkles

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2010, 08:56:24 AM »
wow. color me shocked that $elf apparently gave up his house in fall creek farms for one next door to doug compton on a street (bauer brook ct) that i'm pretty sure comptom owned all the land to at one time and has started to develop over the past five years. a couple of other interesting names on that street too.

http://www2.ljworld.com/propertyvalues/?q=Bill+Self

http://www2.ljworld.com/propertyvalues/?q=bauer+brook+ct

:nono:

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2010, 09:00:36 AM »
wow. color me shocked that $elf apparently gave up his house in fall creek farms for one next door to doug compton on a street (bauer brook ct) that i'm pretty sure comptom owned all the land to at one time and has started to develop over the past five years. a couple of other interesting names on that street too.

http://www2.ljworld.com/propertyvalues/?q=Bill+Self

http://www2.ljworld.com/propertyvalues/?q=bauer+brook+ct

:nono:

Am I reading this right?  Is this stating that Bill owns 4 houses that are worth $1M+ each? 

Wow.  Something is def going on out there.

Link this with that story in the KC start stating that Freeman deeded a home in Basehor directly to the dude that just resigned, and it sounds like there is some crazy stuff happening out there.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2010, 09:04:32 AM »
 :bwpopcorn: