Author Topic: Pizza Thread  (Read 300642 times)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: Pizza Thread
« Reply #625 on: February 27, 2013, 07:47:01 PM »
Looks good. Not a fan of crispy crust though.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 27, 2013, 07:47:28 PM »

Best was the pepperoni on the basil pesto side.

This was the first time i've had anchovies on pizza. They were pretty good on the red sauce side but were too strong on the basil pesto side.

Offline the_ugly_clown

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 27, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 27, 2013, 07:55:39 PM »
will be trying anchovies on my next pizza. i like to try everything, not sure why i've never even thought of trying them once in my life before.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 27, 2013, 08:30:26 PM »
Pizza West tonight.   Masterpizza bbq pizza.  Very very good.

That's right by my house  :sdeek:

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: February 27, 2013, 08:46:57 PM »
T's and P's. beige jungle. Woof

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline Mikeyis4dcats

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pogonophobia: n. a fear of beards
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 27, 2013, 09:42:13 PM »
I think we discussed this previously but has anyone used a Pizza Steel?

I've been meaning to have my steel fabricators cut me up a piece of 1/4" steel to try out, but never got around to it.   maybe I'll try to get it done...

Isn't there a toxicity issue to watch out for here?  I mean, I don't think it can be just any old type of steel.  Could be wrong?  :dunno:

no.  carbon steel is fine.    only issue would be galvanized, as the fumes are toxic when heated (you should know that!)

you will need/want to season it like cast iron though.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 27, 2013, 11:13:33 PM »
ben ji, don't ever make pizza again.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 28, 2013, 01:01:32 AM »
Did we already discuss what type of crust is best? I like thin crust because I hate pointless carbs, but it seems like so much less pizza. It should not be the same price pizzas that have other crusts.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 28, 2013, 01:09:23 AM »
Did we already discuss what type of crust is best? I like thin crust because I hate pointless carbs, but it seems like so much less pizza. It should not be the same price pizzas that have other crusts.
i like thin crust too.  all that dough seems superfluous.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 28, 2013, 01:12:57 AM »
i like thin crust too.  all that dough seems superfluous.

usually thin when sober and/or making my own pizza, "normal" otherwise

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 28, 2013, 01:15:22 AM »

Pizza price is based off how much cheese and toppings are used, not dough/crust.  Cheese is the single biggest expense at any pizza place.  Dough is super cheap, especially at places that make their own.  Sauce is pretty cheap too.  If you're into saucy pizzas, most places will give you extra sauce for free.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 28, 2013, 01:16:55 AM »

Pizza price is based off how much cheese and toppings are used, not dough/crust.  Cheese is the single biggest expense at any pizza place.  Dough is super cheap, especially at places that make their own.  Sauce is pretty cheap too.  If you're into saucy pizzas, most places will give you extra sauce for free.

Customer's always right, bad person.

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 28, 2013, 01:20:17 AM »

Customer's always right, bad person.

Sorry for explaining the market forces of pizza :dunno:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 28, 2013, 08:09:28 AM »
skim milk is the tastier and more sensible option, unless you're concerned about ovulation. 

"A study in 2006 suggests that high intake of low fat or skim milk can impair a woman’s ability to ovulate whereas the intake of high fat dairy foods can improve female fertility. If you are planning for a baby or currently pregnant, you should stick to drinking whole milk."

http://www.fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/skim-milk-vs-milk-which-is-the-healthier-choice.html

could be the case that KKK and mr. KKK are trying to have a little kkk.  hope i didn't spoil any surprises here  ;)

I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 28, 2013, 08:28:33 AM »
i did a quick google search on "30 ounce milk glass" and got nothing.  but i'm sure these are customs that bread had made.  that's why there was nothing found in the 1,550,000 results i got back from google. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SabiNation

• Katpak'r
  • USA Handball - Rio 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 28, 2013, 09:18:33 AM »
Thin Crust.  2%
"If i worked for the NY times, and my boss told me 'hey. if you keep ranking ksu so high, we may fire you' i would tell my boss to 'bring it on.'"  -FFF

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 28, 2013, 09:29:27 AM »

Pizza Hut and other chain places dont make their own dough anymore

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 28, 2013, 09:35:25 AM »

Pizza Hut and other chain places dont make their own dough anymore

Pizza Hut doesn't.  I know for a fact that Little Caesars does - used to work there and hated making dough.  It was by far the biggest pain in the ass.  I think Papa Johns makes their own too.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 28, 2013, 09:41:17 AM »
Pizza Hut doesn't.  I know for a fact that Little Caesars does - used to work there and hated making dough.  It was by far the biggest pain in the ass.  I think Papa Johns makes their own too.

Little Caesars Brothers   :cheers:

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: February 28, 2013, 09:51:08 AM »

:cheers:

Did you hate making dough as much as I did?  Half of what pissed me off about it was that you had to be 18+ to work the machine (which I was) and a lot of the time I'd be one of only two employees in there who weren't minors so I'd get mumped into making dough while everyone else was doing way easier stuff for the same pay.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 28, 2013, 10:08:59 AM »
papa johns does not make their dough in house.  the dough balls are made in factories and then shipped in twice a week by UPS although the trucks look like papa johns trucks.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 28, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »

:cheers:

Did you hate making dough as much as I did?  Half of what pissed me off about it was that you had to be 18+ to work the machine (which I was) and a lot of the time I'd be one of only two employees in there who weren't minors so I'd get mumped into making dough while everyone else was doing way easier stuff for the same pay.

I wasn't 18! The old lady came in the mornings to make the dough!

I hated sheeting out the dough into the pans most of all. My favorite part was making and eating anything I could imagine.

Does anyone here know how they make the deep dish pizza? (shacks dq'd from this quiz)

Offline Shacks

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 28, 2013, 10:32:41 AM »
My favorite thing to do was getting drunk in the walk in freezer during morning/afternoon shifts when the only employees there were me and my really cool manager (we were already friends before either of us were hired).  Made it a lot more bearable, plus the crazy pizzas we made tasted way better.  Only downside is that polishing off a bottle of vodka during the morning for anything other than paking or FPD makes you really feel like a dirtball alcoholic.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Pizza Thread
« Reply #649 on: February 28, 2013, 10:52:45 AM »
I think we discussed this previously but has anyone used a Pizza Steel?

I've been meaning to have my steel fabricators cut me up a piece of 1/4" steel to try out, but never got around to it.   maybe I'll try to get it done...

Isn't there a toxicity issue to watch out for here?  I mean, I don't think it can be just any old type of steel.  Could be wrong?  :dunno:

no.  carbon steel is fine.    only issue would be galvanized, as the fumes are toxic when heated (you should know that!)

you will need/want to season it like cast iron though.

I slept through Strength of Cooking Steels a lot.