Author Topic: New Mattress (MASTER SLEEP THREAD)  (Read 12911 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: New Mattress
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2021, 09:54:26 AM »
I’m telling you the Ooler 100% solved that for me

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2021, 09:58:58 AM »
I bought a Purple because I'm #1cat. Love it. Was really pricey but absolutely worth it imo. Love that egg crate technology.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2021, 11:10:28 AM »
I’m telling you the Ooler 100% solved that for me

Considering, but its a bit pricey. May sweat it out for a bit and just get a new mattress that isn't like sleeping on soft lava.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2021, 06:09:18 PM »
I sleep incredibly hot and mrs. dave incredibly cold. so I bought this thing

https://www.chilitechnology.com/products/ooler-sleep-system

and, folks, it rules. It keeps me at the perfect temperature all night. cannot recommend enough. Before I would toss and turn a lot to adjust and now I just sleep through the entire night and I feel more rested.

I am getting an 8Sleep Pod Pro Cover cover to replace this. Not because the ooler doesn't rule because it for sure does and has changed my sleep dramatically for the better. but because mrs. dave wants one on her side to warm the bed up before cooling it off and I don't want two separate units. I'm probably going to just put the ooler in a box and pack it for travel. also the 8sleep has a bunch of sleep monitoring stuff and more advanced features. I'll review this thing in like a month. Not supposed to be here until end of Sep anyway.

https://www.eightsleep.com/product/pod-pro-cover/
https://twitter.com/teddypowday/status/1438001402316566529

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2021, 06:26:09 PM »

and, folks, it rules. It keeps me at the perfect temperature all night. cannot recommend enough. Before I would toss and turn a lot to adjust and now I just sleep through the entire night and I feel more rested.

I am getting an 8Sleep Pod Pro Cover cover to replace this. Not because the ooler doesn't rule because it for sure does and has changed my sleep dramatically for the better. but because mrs. dave wants one on her side to warm the bed up before cooling it off and I don't want two separate units. I'm probably going to just put the ooler in a box and pack it for travel. also the 8sleep has a bunch of sleep monitoring stuff and more advanced features. I'll review this thing in like a month. Not supposed to be here until end of Sep anyway.

You better not flake out on your promised review. This expensive, non-essential product seems right up my alley.

Offline morgantduncan94

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2023, 02:52:13 PM »
I'm new here and I just want to mention that, depending on the type of mattress and your individual preferences, it could take anywhere from a few nights to a few weeks to get used to it. However, if your back is still hurting after a few weeks, it might be worth checking if the mattress is right for you. You could also try adding a mattress topper or changing your sleeping position to see if that helps. And if you're ever in need of mattress recommendations or tips for better sleep, check out Sleep Underground's website. They've got some great resources to help you get the best possible rest!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2023, 01:43:01 PM by morgantduncan94 »

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 02, 2023, 03:07:25 PM »

You better not flake out on your promised review. This expensive, non-essential product seems right up my alley.

Narrator: but steve dave did indeed flake ...

Offline Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 02, 2023, 03:34:30 PM »
I almost pulled the trigger on one of those but I keep hearing the water ones break an leak everywhere 😩. Report SD!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 02, 2023, 03:55:31 PM »
I still only have the Ooler which continues to rule and has not leaked. 8sleep will happen at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 02, 2023, 08:48:23 PM »
I have purchased a number of casper mattresses off the casper site, but i recently bought two that were second-hand.  Ran across this dude who handles returns and resells them at less than half price (other brands too).  They clean them (allegedly) and put them in plastic wrap...they aren't visibly worn at all.  Could have had dead bodies on them, or people having sex with dead bodies.  Who knows, but that's part of the fun isn't it!?!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 02, 2023, 08:58:42 PM »
once you get past the first night it's no longer gross and you never think about it again, so it's a good savings.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 02, 2023, 09:05:30 PM »
once you get past the first night it's no longer gross and you never think about it again, so it's a good savings.

That's been my experience.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 02, 2023, 09:14:51 PM »

That's been my experience.
No worse than sleeping in a hotel

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 02, 2023, 09:17:02 PM »
Living in the Jaw for the last almost year my best 1k investment has been buying a good mattress with casper, who I also have one back at home.

Not to stan them, but in general, I don't care who you are, buying a mattress even if it's more expensive is always worth it's weight in gold. Few things in life compare to a good nights sleep, you have to do it right or else you are hurting your body, and therefore your mind, and thus the quality of your life.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 02, 2023, 09:41:51 PM »
We're probably going to get our 3rd different one in the last 5 years. 1st one was too firm. Current one is a pillowtop that has indentations where we lay. Big bump in the middle and we miss our 1st one. 
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 03, 2023, 11:33:01 AM »
Living in the Jaw for the last almost year my best 1k investment has been buying a good mattress with casper, who I also have one back at home.

Not to stan them, but in general, I don't care who you are, buying a mattress even if it's more expensive is always worth it's weight in gold. Few things in life compare to a good nights sleep, you have to do it right or else you are hurting your body, and therefore your mind, and thus the quality of your life.

Caspers are great if you like sleeping on the surface of the sun. Very comfy though.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 03, 2023, 11:58:20 AM »

I bought one of these bad boys, Have had it for 3ish years it's the best dollars I have ever spent. https://titanmattress.com/products/titan
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 03, 2023, 01:54:19 PM »
I bought a $250 mattress from Amazon like 5 years ago and it's wonderful
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 03, 2023, 05:54:16 PM »

Caspers are great if you like sleeping on the surface of the sun. Very comfy though.

It's Canada, I need to be warm
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 03, 2023, 09:09:57 PM »
I brought a Beautyrest Black about 5-6 years ago and I never had a better mattress. :love:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2023, 11:25:25 AM »
I don't know if this is considered the Master sleep thread or not. One of my buddies just texted me and said that with his new job he has to be in the office at 7am. Has about a 30 minute commute. We are trying to find time in the week to hang out. He said he has to get his 8 hours of sleep at least or he cannot function.

I on the other hand can go with anywhere from 5-7 hours of sleep and be fine. Have I evolved? I have been like this a majority of my life.
https://www.wired.com/story/a-new-gene-helps-explain-why-some-people-need-less-sleep/
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2023, 01:06:41 PM »
I think some people just sleep very shitty which makes the 8 hours a requirement v. you who maybe sleeps super hard for 6 hours.

On that note I find that if I take some l-theanine and inositol near bedtime my sleep quality is noticeably better. highly recommend.

https://www.amazon.com/NOW-L-Theanine-200-Veg-Capsules/dp/B000H7P9M0

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: New Mattress (MASTER SLEEP THREAD)
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2023, 01:27:57 PM »
I only need 4-5 hrs. Ms WW needs 7-8 hrs
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2023, 01:32:50 PM »
I only need 4-5 hrs. Ms WW needs 7-8 hrs
WW do you think we will die earlier than others because we sleep considerably less? :Crybaby:

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2023, 01:57:19 PM »
No, we will live to 110+ easy.

While I can function on 4-5 no problem, i still prefer 6-7. This is a new thing for me since having kids.
- chunkles